Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always feel like people put on this “adoring” persona around her...she must be very charismatic in person, because through the tv it didn’t work for me 😂 I don’t like the way she’s obviously exploiting her obsessive fans with the 120 releases of one song, etc. How greedy can you get? I’m not naive, I know they are all about business but how much more money can you possibly need? Do you really need to take every last cent of your 15 year old fans to get to number 1?
I also wish she’d grow up with her fans but she seems determined to keep appealing to the young demo for as long as she can.

On another note, and NOT body shaming, but me and a friend who does drag are convinced she wears hip pads when performing in bodysuits. She’s very thin and lithe and the sculpted bum and thighs she has on tour really don’t match her silhouette in dresses and skirts (this is all opinion). Obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants but if I’m correct, I find it sad that she thinks she needs to look a certain way because the “fashion” is big butts and small waists. Also a bad influence on all the young girls who want to look like her and think she’s all natural.
She’s obviously beautiful in that “model” like way and doesn’t need any enhancements.
Anybody else noticed that or have I watched too many drag shows? 😅
Thats what I don't get as well - she has so much money already. I kind of understood her taking 1989 off Spotify and instead just releasing the album - I guess that was quite a clever way to make sure people bought it, but tbh...I'm sure even without that, she would've gone to number 1 anyway and still had very good sales.

I think she has gained weight so I guess its possible she's just been working hard in the gym to get a more curvy figure? I know she had a boob job years ago.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Glad everyone else is on board with seeing Tay just use anything for her own personal gain. She's ruthless and constantly scheming, just what I want from my popstars and bond villains. I would admire her if she actually bothered to but the effort into the music.

They'll be a Katy duet soon enough.

EVERY guest on the couch was so enamored with her and they were all fangirling
The "panic!" guy seems half fangirling, other half scared of her.

Had no idea her bf was in the favourite, thought he was some unknown actor.

Her fan base are everything https://www.teenvogue.com/story/taylor-swift-fan-account-twitter-creator-israeli-military-prison

I think there’s a few parts to this, if she is gay/bi then I don’t criticise her for not coming out earlier in her career because from her early fan base she would have been crucified by them.
I get why many Hollywood stars wouldn’t come out because they worried they would not get certain parts in films etc but in her position now she could easily come out tomorrow and be even more famous. She’s shown she’s good with PR in the past and could easily shake off some dodgy questions.
However on the flip side if she keeps dropping hints at being gay/bi but doesn’t come out then I think it sends the wrong message out that even with all the power she has she still wouldn’t be comfortable coming out.
With all the money she has surely it would be better for her to be able to find someone she’s genuinely interested in, even if some of her fans wouldn’t accept it, happiness is more important than more money and I can’t see what she could do with more money than she currently has

Reactions: 4
I think there’s a few parts to this, if she is gay/bi then I don’t criticise her for not coming out earlier in her career because from her early fan base she would have been crucified by them.
I get why many Hollywood stars wouldn’t come out because they worried they would not get certain parts in films etc but in her position now she could easily come out tomorrow and be even more famous. She’s shown she’s good with PR in the past and could easily shake off some dodgy questions.
However on the flip side if she keeps dropping hints at being gay/bi but doesn’t come out then I think it sends the wrong message out that even with all the power she has she still wouldn’t be comfortable coming out.
With all the money she has surely it would be better for her to be able to find someone she’s genuinely interested in, even if some of her fans wouldn’t accept it, happiness is more important than more money and I can’t see what she could do with more money than she currently has
I am pretty sure she is going to come out. She did another performance last night with a Pride speech. When she talks about pride she uses inclusive pronouns such as we and I. It is becoming very obvious what she is saying. And well, if she doesn't, then for the past year she has been queerbaiting. There's been speculation about her being gay or bi for years but she has only just began openly talking about pride etc.

I am pretty sure she is going to come out. She did another performance last night with a Pride speech. When she talks about pride she uses inclusive pronouns such as we and I. It is becoming very obvious what she is saying. And well, if she doesn't, then for the past year she has been queerbaiting. There's been speculation about her being gay or bi for years but she has only just began openly talking about pride etc.
If she's outed as queerbaiting as opposed to taking her time to come out, she's going to have to face a LOT of backlash.

I think she has gained weight so I guess its possible she's just been working hard in the gym to get a more curvy figure? I know she had a boob job years ago.
It looks suspicious to me, not to the Kardashian level (where you have to be legally blind to not see that they have had surgery) because when she's dressed she still looks pretty small.
She looks beautiful no matter what anyway, she's truly blessed in the genetics department!

If she's outed as queerbaiting as opposed to taking her time to come out, she's going to have to face a LOT of backlash.

It looks suspicious to me, not to the Kardashian level (where you have to be legally blind to not see that they have had surgery) because when she's dressed she still looks pretty small.
She looks beautiful no matter what anyway, she's truly blessed in the genetics department!
I think her suits have some padding. I saw her tour and she had def gained weight, in a good way. Her thighs were thick.

I think with the politics stuff she got slated for not having anything to say about politics so I guess she thought she and no choice but to say something. Unlike Katy Cher Madonna and Barbra have always had something to say about politics. If she didn't want to get into she could of stayed out of it like dolly has. On the LGBT thing I saw that on YouTube yesterday and she's never said anything before I am gay I understand why she has said it but to me it feels like she's saying becuase she thinks she has too. Whereas people like Kylie and Mariah have always supported the LGBT community and it feels authentic from them and they are respected becuase of it. Kylie has stuck to her guns when countries wanted to her to change one of her videos and she said no way. I couldn't imagine Taylor doing that. Sorry for the eassy.

I do think though with the politics and if true her sexuality that it was awkward with her coming out with her real beliefs as it heavily conflicts with the core of her fan base due to her country background. The rest of them were able to talk about these subjects without alienating their audience

Yel

I am pretty sure she is going to come out. She did another performance last night with a Pride speech. When she talks about pride she uses inclusive pronouns such as we and I.
I'm still not convinced, seems like another vehicle to further herself. Just a popular cause to latch onto.

I hope she's not got some big detailed master plan to come out. Rita ora "coming out" with her tone death BI song didn't help her career.
I think with the politics stuff she got slated for not having anything to say about politics
Makes no sense that she suddenly became political at the time where most plebs are fed of celebs preaching their opinions as if they're wise sages. Everything's so ill thought out with Taylor these days.

I'm still not convinced, seems like another vehicle to further herself. Just a popular cause to latch onto.

I hope she's not got some big detailed master plan to come out. Rita ora "coming out" with her tone death BI song didn't help her career.

Makes no sense that she suddenly became political at the time where most plebs are fed of celebs preaching their opinions as if they're wise sages. Everything's so ill thought out with Taylor these days.
I think becuase everyone was having a dig I even saw people saying that she has a duty as a us citizen to be politically active. Or she is just fed up with the way the America is heading.

Yel

I think becuase everyone was having a dig I even saw people saying that she has a duty as a us citizen to be politically active. Or she is just fed up with the way the America is heading.
I'm sure just as many will complain about her suddenly getting political and waiting 10+ years before voicing anything.

I'd prefer it if she stuck in her music lane, as should many people in the entertainment industry imo. All the arrogant celebs supporting Clinton did the trump campaign a world of good.

Her petition has got 90k signatures after a few days, seems like a fail if she's got over 100m followers on Instagram alone.

I'm sure just as many will complain about her suddenly getting political and waiting 10+ years before voicing anything.

I'd prefer it if she stuck in her music lane, as should many people in the entertainment industry imo. All the arrogant celebs supporting Clinton did the trump campaign a world of good.

Her petition has got 90k signatures after a few days, seems like a fail if she's got over 100m followers on Instagram alone.
Yep I don't mind celebs being into politics but as soon as someone says they are a conservative they get tit thrown at them left right and center called rasist etc. It's so sad the times we are living in.

Anyone has the right to their opinions but it can be very off putting when celebs push an agenda or a certain view when usually they're very out of touch due to the amount of money they have. Abilities to buy whatever they need, the best health care, security.. Etc.

I would still want to be her friend
(Knowing there’s a chance she’s gonna turn on me any second)

I would still want to be her friend
(Knowing there’s a chance she’s gonna turn on me any second)
Not me, being her friend sounds exhausting :ROFLMAO: I remember cringing a lot when she was full on posting all the perfect instapics of her squad. I'll take her wardrobe, money and cats any day tho :sneaky:

Reactions: 2

Yel

She has time to shave her legs everyday!

Have any of her celeb friends supported her petition? She's only just got 100k - the cleaners and mums got 1k on their stupid petition to close tattle.

Have any of her celeb friends supported her petition? She's only just got 100k - the cleaners and mums got 1k on their stupid petition to close tattle.
O/t but who tried to get tattle shut down? 🤨 do you have a link? 😅

What's her petition for? I thought I had seen that interview but obviously I must've been mentally checked out.

If I shaved my legs everyday I'd have some ungodly razor burn.

What's her petition for? I thought I had seen that interview but obviously I must've been mentally checked out.

If I shaved my legs everyday I'd have some ungodly razor burn.
I shave my legs every day!!! Haha but my hair grows really fast. Her petition is to support the equality act for LGBTQ people in the US. Basically, so they have the same rights as everyone else and can't be denied a service, job, house, etc because of how they identify.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.