Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Response back from Scott Borchetta, this is a really immature response as well 🙄

Will Taylor be able to perform any of her old stuff? What does it all mean? Surely she must have songwriting credit?
Yeh she will. Big Machine (now owned by Scooter) have always owned the “masters”. As far as I know this means he owns the actual original files and therefore earns the majority of money when anyone streams or buys those songs. However Taylor owns the “publishing” rights eg the lyrics and the melodies so she can do what she wants with those including performing them and re-recording all the songs without getting in trouble.

Big Machine have always owned the masters and since Taylor moved record labels (after the rep tour), she’s still performed her old songs. All that’s changed is who owns Big Machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeh she will. Big Machine (now owned by Scooter) have always owned the “masters”. As far as I know this means he owns the actual original files and therefore earns the majority of money when anyone streams or buys those songs. However Taylor owns the “publishing” rights eg the lyrics and the melodies so she can do what she wants with those including performing them and re-recording all the songs without getting in trouble.

Big Machine have always owned the masters and since Taylor moved record labels (after the rep tour), she’s still performed her old songs. All that’s changed is who owns Big Machine.
Thanks for explaining.

Reactions: 1
She can re-record the songs 😬
See I like Taylor, I honestly do, but I think she bends the truth to suit her victim narrative.
I don’t believe she didn’t know about this prior to the news breaking to the public.
I’d say she absolutely knew it was happening.
I don’t agree with what they’ve done obviously but I also don’t agree with how she’s come out guns blazing and made out she’s was the victim of this big Machine that chewed her up and spat her out with nothing.
I need details before I’m judging either side (on the business side at least!)
I don’t like scooter, I do think he’s trash, but Taylor isn’t always known for telling the truth without a twist.
I just think there’s something more to this.
I also think she might have more credibility if this wasn’t the latest in a long list of feuds. 🙄
I will say straight after the “you need to calm down” release and controversy.
It’s good publicity for lover. 😐

Reactions: 9

Yel

See I like Taylor, I honestly do, but I think she bends the truth to suit her victim narrative.
Same here, I do like her but the royalties she'll receive is going to be exactly the same. Sure lots of these contracts do seem explotative but at the same time the label does invest in them and needs to protect their investment. The songs she wrote in her bedroom she still owns the publishing rights to, the recordings that the label funded they own. It's beneficial for both parties, but yeah lots of very unfair contracts out there.

The do one album to own one album master is vile and she could have never accepted it. The owner of big machine does seem like an unpleasant gun welding individual. But she was happy to have him as part of her inner circle for many years. That interview of him circulating now where he called her a very attractive 14 year old is disturbing.

I do roll my eyes at her saying the new label respects artists, she obviously only has her good deal because of who she is and the power she has in negotiations. Any unknown at the new label will get a deal just like she did when starting out.

It's not like when Calvin Harris wrote songs for Rita ora then banned her from performing them (after the taxi driver, who was Calvin's friend, Rita asked to get dropped off at another gentlemans house 😒) as he owned the publishing rights. Looking forward to some geeky videos explaining it all coming out soon

This is my favourite version of Taylor, enjoying seeing these multimillionaires Duke it out and all the people crawling out of the woodwork. Someone needs to take Demi's phone of her.

I hope she goes to Jack's home studio in Brooklyn and rerecords the last 6 albums. Should only take a few weeks and will be far better quality than the non artist re-records you hear in poundstretcher. Hit scooter where it hurts and lower his investment :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I hope she goes to Jack's home studio in Brooklyn and rerecords the last 6 albums. Should only take a few weeks and will be far better quality than the non artist re-records you hear in poundstretcher. Hit scooter where it hurts and lower his investment :D
I'd love to hear her re-record her albums especially since her voice has improved so much. I can see this happening if Scooter doesnt bow down to public pressure. Taylor knows how to hold on to grudges and get revenge.

I think the more likely scenario will be that they will come up with come up with an agreement and their make up will become very public. IMO Taylor loves sticking it to the media and making friends with her 'enemies' eg. Kanye (before the tape), Nicki Minaj, Apple, and Katy. I can totally see a gushing post about Scooter in the future.

Taylor has every right to speak out against this. But because it is Taylor, people jump on the bandwagon to demonize her. Scooter's wife's statement is disgusting. How dare she say that Taylor is "throwing a tantrum." People keep mentioning Taylor's Dad being a shareholder but he wasn't. He had 3% in stocks. He could have been in on that meeting but he CHOSE not to because he would have had to sign a very tight NDA that would prevent him from telling Taylor what was said. Also, out of the 5 people at that meeting, 2 voted against the sale. Taylor's lawyer and someone else for her was present so I am going to assume they voted against but again a strong NDA was signed so they couldn't tell her a thing. As for Borchetta saying he texted Taylor at 9pm the night before... what a strange time to text her. She could have been busy, sleeping, in a different time zone and not seen it. She seems to spend a lot of time in the UK, and that would have been 3 am there. So her saying she didn't find out until she woke up is not out of the question.

To me Taylor's statement was way more about Borchetta than Scooter. The thing that made it more about Scooter was her Instagram story.

Borchetta always gave me creepy vibes. The fact that he called Taylor "attractive" and you couldn't tell if she was "14 or 21" says it all.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Someone needs to take Demi's phone of her.
Demi, I know you’re reading this, 😐
for the love of god when you write out a post......
Read over it, check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Check you have the right persons @ handle
AND THEN DELETE THE FRIGGING MESSAGE... DO NOT PRESS SEND!! 🤣
log out of Instagram, throw your actual phone out the ACTUAL window because you might break your phone, but that’s still gonna be less damaging than pressing send on that bad decision 😐

I have to admit as much as I love Taylor I put her in the “girl who cried wolf” category 😂 I need receipts before I’m approving the purchase 🤣
But she’s got a huge amount of support, I’m interested in what’s gonna happen with Ariana Grande now she’s unfollowed him, is she still signed to him?
I know that’s off topic but even more off topic.
Justin was probably made post that Instagram by scooter 🤣 but Hayley, in the comments, girl please stop. He loves Selena 😂😂 Selena doesn’t want him so you’ve got him, stop trying so hard 😩

• Haha
Demi, I know you’re reading this, 😐
for the love of god when you write out a post......
Read over it, check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Check you have the right persons @ handle
AND THEN DELETE THE FRIGGING MESSAGE... DO NOT PRESS SEND!! 🤣
log out of Instagram, throw your actual phone out the ACTUAL window because you might break your phone, but that’s still gonna be less damaging than pressing send on that bad decision 😐

I have to admit as much as I love Taylor I put her in the “girl who cried wolf” category 😂 I need receipts before I’m approving the purchase 🤣
But she’s got a huge amount of support, I’m interested in what’s gonna happen with Ariana Grande now she’s unfollowed him, is she still signed to him?
I know that’s off topic but even more off topic.
Justin was probably made post that Instagram by scooter 🤣 but Hayley, in the comments, girl please stop. He loves Selena 😂😂 Selena doesn’t want him so you’ve got him, stop trying so hard 😩
🤣 totally agree on Demi. She doesn’t know how to read a room.

Ariana hasn’t unfollowed Scooter (I just checked). There’s so many fake screenshots and stuff going around, it’s hard to know what’s real. She also didn’t make any instastory statement. But it’s interesting cos she’s already fired scooter once and went back to him.

totally agree on Demi. She doesn’t know how to read a room.
Demi:
Y’all can come after me all you want but I’m always gonna stay loyal to my team. I value loyalty more than most people in this world and if my name is gonna be brought into conversations I’m gonna stand up for myself and the ones on my team.

Did she apologise to that backing dancer from her “team” she punched in the face!?
just wondering 😬

Hold old was Taylor when she signed the contract with them? 15?
I’m exhausted by Taylor drama (although this is more interesting than a cat fight with Katy Perry!) But I just want the album already 😐
but....let’s be honest, there is a huge issue that hasn’t been addressed yet, A grown ass man being called Scooter?! Wtf....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Demi:
Y’all can come after me all you want but I’m always gonna stay loyal to my team. I value loyalty more than most people in this world and if my name is gonna be brought into conversations I’m gonna stand up for myself and the ones on my team.

Did she apologise to that backing dancer from her “team” she punched in the face!?
just wondering 😬

Hold old was Taylor when she signed the contract with them? 15?
I’m exhausted by Taylor drama (although this is more interesting than a cat fight with Katy Perry!) But I just want the album already 😐
but....let’s be honest, there is a huge issue that hasn’t been addressed yet, A grown ass man being called Scooter?! Wtf....
Thing is Demi only got signed with Scooter last month so... she's hardly had much experience with them, plus she seems pretty fucked up.

Taylor was 15 when she signed the contract. Yes her family were wealthy but they didn't have enough money to get access to the attorneys that she has now. I honestly feel bad for Taylor. I bet she is feeling devastated.

Reactions: 2
Thing is Demi only got signed with Scooter last month so... she's hardly had much experience with them, plus she seems pretty fucked up.
And who was even bringing her up in the conversation? A few people online? It wasn’t like she was any part of the stories from the mainstream media. She just inserted herself into a situation that she didn’t need to. I’ve never liked her and her holier than thou attitude towards Taylor

Reactions: 3
Ive always thought she didnt like Taylor because she was best friends with Selena and she still wanted to be Selenas best friend. What is so great about Selena Gomez JB cant seem to get over her

• Haha
Oh my god whatever happened Samantha Mumba. Iconic pop princess 😂
🤣🤣
Didn’t Demi Lovato just sign with Scooter!? (Has this been mentioned and I’ve missed it) 😬
Totally off topic but Justin Bieber needs to get offline, get over Selena, and remember he has a wife...that isn’t Selena Gomez 🤦‍♀️
Yeah sadly, 100% not a good move. He's gonna be forcing her to tour when/if she needs treatment again, and forcing an image onto her...like when her previous management really pushed the 'stay strong!' 'sober is sexy' stuff during Unbroken, even though she was clearly not better.

Yeah sadly, 100% not a good move. He's gonna be forcing her to tour when/if she needs treatment again, and forcing an image onto her...like when her previous management really pushed the 'stay strong!' 'sober is sexy' stuff during Unbroken, even though she was clearly not better.
Demi has that self destruct button far to close to her fingers at times.
The rock chick lifestyle isn’t for her 😐
I’d like to see her on a nice little Netflix original show. Live victorious 🤣 let her go in, sing a few songs, act like a teenager (she’s practicing enough on Instagram lately throwing shade at her ex’s) and then go home safe 😐 get a few more puppies to up her insta engagement and date a nice lawyer to show how she’s matured 🤷‍♀️
Ariana might not have unfollowed skateboard but she did delete her congratulations message?
And she apparently spoke out about a song on her album (that she was uncomfortable releasing) that he forced her to include? I don’t know much about this 😳

I do love this Taylor that stirs REAL tit up,
not the Taylor that would probably steal your boyfriend (for your own good!) and have a cat fight because you wore the same colour dress as her 😆
(I honestly am a fan... I really don’t sound like it 😂)

Demi has that self destruct button far to close to her fingers at times.
The rock chick lifestyle isn’t for her 😐
I’d like to see her on a nice little Netflix original show. Live victorious 🤣 let her go in, sing a few songs, act like a teenager (she’s practicing enough on Instagram lately throwing shade at her ex’s) and then go home safe 😐 get a few more puppies to up her insta engagement and date a nice lawyer to show how she’s matured 🤷‍♀️
Ariana might not have unfollowed skateboard but she did delete her congratulations message?
And she apparently spoke out about a song on her album (that she was uncomfortable releasing) that he forced her to include? I don’t know much about this 😳

I do love the Taylor that stirs REAL tit up,
not the Taylor that would probably steal your boyfriend (for your own good!) and have a cat fight because you wore the same colour dress as her 😆
(I honestly am a fan... I really don’t sound like it 😂)
I agree, I just think the spotlight is too much for her...sadly I don't think she really has anyone looking out for her though. Her family seem quite money/fame hungry - especially her mum. 😐
Yeah it was Ghostin, about Mac Miller. She said she felt it was too personal to release, but Scooter kept pushing her to include it so basically she felt she had to:

Plus the fact he's been forcing her to tour when she's clearly struggling and needs a break.

• Sad
Side note 😬
Sorry I derailed this to Ariana and Demi! And Justin... and Hayley... 🤦‍♀️
They’re just all so involved now!

• Haha
HA. I saw a conspiracy that LWYMMD is about Borchetta and how he wanted to sell BMR.
"
The role you made me play
Of the fool, no, I don't like you
I don't like your perfect crime
How you laugh when you lie
You said the gun was mine."

"
I don't like your kingdom keys
They once belonged to me
You asked me for a place to sleep
Locked me out and threw a feast (What?)."

I mean, they totally fit but who knows.

I also read that in the LWYMMD video, Taylor cuts the wing off the TS6 plane. People are speculating that Taylor may have had some of 'Lover' already in her mind but she didn't want to give it to Borchetta / Big Machine, so she released Rep. Kind of makes sense too, as she knew she had one more album to give them, and that Borchetta was looking to sell BMR and she wouldn't get her masters.

I wonder will Taylor try and buy her masters from Scooter. I think she was hoping that maybe her label would acquire BMR and that then she would get her masters. Her texts to Scott were very dignified. You can't tell if she is happy or annoyed with him, pretty neutral. If she had been trying to get her masters for years, I imagine things were not great with them for a while.

I think Borchetta never expected Taylor to actually walk away from her masters. He tried to manipulate her to stay, "for every album I made, he would let me "earn" back one master." Gross. He knows they meant a lot to her and Taylor was the most valuable asset to BM. It must have taken a lot for her to walk away. I bet she is glad she did though. Imagine she stayed. Borchetta would have sold BM to Scooter and then Taylor would be under him. Considering how young Taylor was when she started working with Borchetta, she must feel betrayed and stung.

Last edited:
Her lawyer's given a statement to deny Borchetta's claims that she was given every opportunity to have her masters. I dont trust either of the SBs

"Scott Borchetta never gave Taylor Swift an opportunity to purchase her masters, or the label, outright with a check in the way he is now apparently doing for others," Swift's attorney Donald Passman said.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.