Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I shave my legs every day!!! Haha but my hair grows really fast. Her petition is to support the equality act for LGBTQ people in the US. Basically, so they have the same rights as everyone else and can't be denied a service, job, house, etc because of how they identify.
Well that surely isn’t going to be passed because it pisses on Donald Trump banning transgender people from serving in the armed forces.

Her petition has still only got 155k signatures, considering her popularity and it's such a popular seems like a big failure. She's getting senators fan girl her "thank you Taylor Swift for your leadership".

Maybe she's totally over the music and set her sights on politics

Reactions: 1
EB7D1EF4-57E8-4F34-92BF-833A9A8AB860.jpeg

Looks like it’s 2015/16 again 😐
I wouldn’t be against a collaboration 🤷‍♀️
I also wouldn’t take my eyes of the butter knife incase I found it lodged in my back 😐

Not into this obvious cash grab - how many albums does a person need to buy to be a “good enough” fan of TS?
Yeeeeah not a fan of that either, especially since her fans are so young. All about the sales.

That being said, I am excited to hear the new album.

Reactions: 2
New Song Lyric Video

Im getting strong Deja vu with the music, maybe its a bit like Gorgeous from Rep?

Some strong statements, "shade never made anybody less gay!" I hope its not just queer-baiting, I think the music video on monday will make that more clear.

Also the album is dropping Aug 23rd? I would say thats late for a summer album, makes me think shes doing the same as with Red and 1989, where she released sunny pop songs leading up to the album but the album itself was more of an Autumn Wintery vibe as a whole.

Reactions: 3
New Song Lyric Video

Im getting strong Deja vu with the music, maybe its a bit like Gorgeous from Rep?

Some strong statements, "shade never made anybody less gay!" I hope its not just queer-baiting, I think the music video on monday will make that more clear.

Also the album is dropping Aug 23rd? I would say thats late for a summer album, makes me think shes doing the same as with Red and 1989, where she released sunny pop songs leading up to the album but the album itself was more of an Autumn Wintery vibe as a whole.
I really don't think she's queerbaiting. I think she is part of the community. She sings "you could be GLAAD" (how she spells it in the lyric video). GLAAD is a gay and lesbian alliance organisation which she has donated tens of thousands of dollars to and she has spoken at their event.

Reactions: 4
She needs to just stop with ripping off fans, and those awful lyrics. One of the "features" of those 4 album versions is blank pages for a journal..

Got some cheek telling other people to calm down.

Just release the album and get over this terrible era.

-----

Pasted from another forum, but says it far better than I could about this mess.

The production is actually great, but the lyrics may be some of her worst and the dissonance is just shocking at this point.

Her telling anyone to calm down is... a lot after the last era, let alone that in this very song, she not over the Kimye incident and makes a reference to the snake thing. Her trying to place her being exposed as a liar on the same stage as homophobic bigots attacking gay people... while calling their bigotry "shade"...

And to then try and wrap it all up in some empty feminist mention of all the girls and their crowns and haters who compare them, when a signifiant part of her carer has been about feuding with other women over ridiculous things?

Everything about her now just feels so unearned. She silenced any criticism aimed at her with literal legal documents and threw an album's worth of a temper tantrum over not being allowed to control the narrative, but now it's all peace, unicorns, sunshine and serenity because she's decided so? And this narrative should be accepted without pushback because she'll throw a stack at some gay charities?

It's just wild that someone who was arguably a voice of her generation barely entering their 20s could become absolutely artistically bankrupt a decade later.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
New Song Lyric Video

I got major Gorgeous vibes from the sound too! I think it's the simple melody & rhyming couplets.

The song is ok to me but it's almost too simple, I liked Taylor for her lyrics that make you think of a bigger scene in your head. Her recent songs don't get there for me. Plus I'm not a fan of when people put internet lingo into songs because it dates the song really quickly.

But it is really catchy. I hope the video is good - there were rumours a while ago that Katy Perry and her friend Todrick were on set with her. As much as the feud is old, it would be pretty fun to have Katy in the video for the last verse.

The deluxe tracks reminds me of when Disney has store-exclusive albums for Shake It Up

I hope that she’s actually bi and not just clinging to the LGBTQ community for clout

I like the message of the song but I feel like the lyrics could be a bit more powerful to convey the message a bit better. It falls a bit flat for me

I don’t hate it. I just don’t.... anything. 😕
But it’s like a B side of Reputation.
And the same attitude as reputation.
If “this is why we can’t have nice things” was realised this would be the b side. 🤷‍♀️

Meh.

I got major Gorgeous vibes from the sound too! I think it's the simple melody & rhyming couplets.

The song is ok to me but it's almost too simple, I liked Taylor for her lyrics that make you think of a bigger scene in your head. Her recent songs don't get there for me. Plus I'm not a fan of when people put internet lingo into songs because it dates the song really quickly.

But it is really catchy. I hope the video is good - there were rumours a while ago that Katy Perry and her friend Todrick were on set with her. As much as the feud is old, it would be pretty fun to have Katy in the video for the last verse.
Her promo singles seem to always be like this. I think the album will have deeper songs .

Reactions: 3
Her promo singles seem to always be like this. I think the album will have deeper songs .
Well it would be a real struggle to do 16 other songs that are less shallow than the last 2.

Just watching her announcement, the four different versions don't even have a different cover - just different text at the top on different background colours. Imagine being this rich and successful and feeling the need to still fleece young fans.
grabby tay.jpg

Well it would be a real struggle to do 16 other songs that are less shallow than the last 2.

Just watching her announcement, the four different versions don't even have a different cover - just different text at the top on different background colours. Imagine being this rich and successful and feeling the need to still fleece young fans.
View attachment 24143
it comes with a magazine with diff content, and other products too. It is a very kpop thing to do. Kpop singers release up to 20 deluxe versions which is mad. I am not a fan of this marketing technique but if fans buy it, then it won't stop. With 1989, she released 4 different versions with different Polaroid inside.

I’m betting the Inghams are thinking the new Taylor song is now “their song”.

it comes with a magazine with diff content, and other products too. It is a very kpop thing to do. Kpop singers release up to 20 deluxe versions which is mad. I am not a fan of this marketing technique but if fans buy it, then it won't stop. With 1989, she released 4 different versions with different Polaroid inside.
Oh totally, I just found it a bit comical Taylor pointing out the background text colour was different. I don't mind so much someone like Kylie and using her fanbase like this else she wouldn't ever get her albums out.

Listen to the new song on 1.25x speed. It suddenly becomes a banger.

I’m still seething and won’t forgive her for not releasing getaway car. I do prefer this new song to Me! though.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.