Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best of the Taylor throwbacks?!
Not in order..
- Love Story
- You belong with me.
- Our Song
- Back to December
- I knew you were trouble
- Shake it off
- New Year’s Day
- Clean
- This is why we can’t have nice things (I’m chucking that in as a bonus)

Reactions: 4

Yel

Anyone else being stalked by tay on Instagram? I've already heard it, I'm good thanks. Keeping up with her payola reputation
Screenshot_20190502-141659.jpg

Reactions: 1
I really liked her performance at the BBMAs last night but I still hate the song lol

Yel

I'm still hoping she'll just say its a track from a movie or a buzz track and leave it off the album.

The performance was great, although Sansa stark and her Jonas brother didn't look too impressed :LOL: Felt sorry for the dancer with the floppy case - did her padding fall out or something?

I think because she is older now I expected more maturity in her song choices and lyrics.
Me! feels more immature than ‘Picture to Burn’, which really grated with me when it came out as being immature. I gave her a pass with that song because of her actual age- despite me being the same age.
When looking at the lyrics of ME! it actually seems a pretty unhealthy relationship she’s detailing, despite all the power strong woman vibes she wants to portray. The line “no one will love you like me” is pretty dodgy in all honesty. Though I do get it’s a piece of fluff song and probably shouldn’t be taken too seriously. However she should consider the messages it presents to fans. As I expect this song will be on the radio ALOT.
Moving onto the BBMA’s , I wasn’t wowed by her vocals. They came across as pretty weak. But the dancers, lights etc, the whole spectacle of the thing was amazing. And I imagine seeing it live would have been something else.

Reactions: 2

Yel

I wasn’t wowed by her vocals. They came across as pretty weak.
I thought the "live" vocals were alright for her, I find her voice way too overproduced these days. The same can't be said for Brendon - his vocals were a huge step down as they're amazing on the studio version imo. I feel like I've outgrown her, even though she's around the same age.

She's coming across as desperate for that #1, releasing rehearsal audio on CD and vinyl :rolleyes:

I feel like I've outgrown her, even though she's the same age.
This! . It feels like she’s trying to cater for the same demographic she was when she started out. We’ve grown, she hasn’t.
It’s almost as if she’s trying to be too clever. She knows she needs to get the younger listeners interested in order to keep making money but a side effect of that is neglecting original listeners and not totally bringing out the kind of record she really wants to.
I think she needs to stop thinking, plotting and planning to get number 1’s and just be true to who she is as an artist.

Reactions: 6

Yel

I think she needs to stop thinking, plotting and planning to get number 1’s and just be true to who she is as an artist.
Totally agree. She needs to take risks and develop herself, not just care about the charts. She was on that cover talking about "taking control", even though she already has control of just about everything, then follows it up with this.

I’m not a big Taylor fan, her best stuff is still her early country stuff for me.

For me, these days it just feels like she has got so wrapped up in her own hype, and building everything up and nothing actually lands properly anymore. It just feels like she is trying too hard to either be “woke” or on trend or something. Nothing feels all that authentic about Taylor anymore.

I thought Taylor looked absolutely stunning at the billboard music awards, I wish I looked like her. I love that she adopted that sweet little kitten - I watched the behind the scenes of the music video and omg that kitten 😍 As a fellow crazy cat lady I would have had trouble handing it back too!

I used to be a fan of panic at the disco when they first started ( when I was an angsty teen emo). I am now of the understanding it's just Brendon? Gosh he must be thanking his lucky stars, he really has landed on his feet with this opportunity. 🤑 KA-CHIING! 🤑

The song has started to grown on me! I found myself humming “girl there ain’t no I in team” today haha. As lead singles go, nothing could be worse than look what you made me do so maybe I’m just relieved it’s better than that

Taylor was who i turned to during my teenage years. I went right off her when repuation came out. Some of the songs were catchy but I felt she was really stretching to prove a point and it all felt a bit forced.

I’m excited for this album but I do agree that she believes her own hype: putting hints and “Easter eggs” in the video for ME! and building up this album so much... it seems a bit... obnoxious

Speak Now & 1989 are my favourite TS albums. I loved Red but felt it wasn’t as sonically cohesive as the other two. Reputation is my least favourite. I wonder where Ts7 will place

The song has started to grown on me! I found myself humming “girl there ain’t no I in team” today haha. As lead singles go, nothing could be worse than look what you made me do so maybe I’m just relieved it’s better than that

Taylor was who i turned to during my teenage years. I went right off her when repuation came out. Some of the songs were catchy but I felt she was really stretching to prove a point and it all felt a bit forced.

I’m excited for this album but I do agree that she believes her own hype: putting hints and “Easter eggs” in the video for ME! and building up this album so much... it seems a bit... obnoxious

Speak Now & 1989 are my favourite TS albums. I loved Red but felt it wasn’t as sonically cohesive as the other two. Reputation is my least favourite. I wonder where Ts7 will place
1989 is a masterpiece and still sounds fresh. She will never match it. Reputation is her worst album. Many of the songs sounded like fillers. She def believes her hype and is a v savvy business woman. I saw her on the rep tour and hated all the "you're my best friends" talk. I feel like she is too old for it, and I felt I was too old for it. It seemed disingenuous. I do think she's a nice person though. She also invites fans to her houses for album listening which is cool but encourages their obsessive behaviour.

Reactions: 5

Yel

She def believes her hype and is a v savvy business woman. I saw her on the rep tour and hated all the "you're my best friends" talk. I feel like she is too old for it, and I felt I was too old for it. It seemed disingenuous. I do think she's a nice person though. She also invites fans to her houses for album listening which is cool but encourages their obsessive behaviour.
I'm not even sure if she cares much about music thesedays. She's just released the 8th (iirc) version of me, just a signed copy to exploit the fanbase more and get the #1. All these extra versions are just lazily put together ploys, I doubt many of her fans even have a record player to play the two different vinyl copies.

Her fanbase makes Mrs Hinch's look normal, all this talk of "we need to get to number one". Just like infuencers she isn't their friend just wants to get #1, sell them a $65 hoddie and be rich. Now the stans are going crazy gifting people copies of me as she is sending out personal video messages to a handful.

She's first and foremost about the buisness, seems to spend most of her time thinking about ploys to sell more even though the song is garbage. It's in someway admirable the lengths she goes to with her ruthless tatics, but I won't be giving her any money apart from a couple of coppers for the streams of old albums.

Reactions: 5
I'm not even sure if she cares much about music thesedays. She's released the 8th (iirc) version of me, just a signed copy to exploit the fanbase more and get the #1. All these extra versions are just lazily put together ploys, I doubt many of her fans even have a record player to play the two different vinyl copies.

Her fanbase make Mrs Hinch's look normal, all this talk of "we need to get to number one". Just like infuencers she isn't their friend just wants to get #1, sell them a $65 hoddie and be rich. Now the stans are going crazy gifting people copies of me as she is sending out personal video messages to a handful.

She's first and foremost about the buisness, seems to spend most of her time thinking about ploys to sell more even though the song is garbage. It's in someway admirable the lengths she goes to with her ruthless tatics, but I won't be giving her any money apart from a couple of coppers for the streams of old albums.
I think her fan base can be excused because they are young girls who have nothing better to do than watch YouTube videos over and over. I was one of those girls back in the Fearless days 😂 (albeit less obsessed as it was kinda before social media really kicked off). At least Taylor has talent, Mrs Hinch’s fans are grown women who follow someone who cleans her house 😂

The song isn't her best but it is majorly catchy and I'm just happy she's done a 180 on her rep mode. I don't think it says anything about what to expect from the album.

To me, this week has been a bit intense with the constant talk of easter eggs (though kind of my own fault for listening to all her interviews). I think she needs to announce the album title soon or release another song because even her fans on tumblr are saying it's going on too long.

I guess the excessive promo can be partly put down to her new record label. But Taylor has always been incredibly focussed on the job. Up until rep, she did the promo circuit like no other - baking biscuits for radio stations etc. I can't fault her on her work ethic. I cant think of any other pop star that can maintain that level of exposure without having a bad interview or lashing out at the paps/media.

I'm not even sure if she cares much about music thesedays. She's just released the 8th (iirc) version of me, just a signed copy to exploit the fanbase more and get the #1. All these extra versions are just lazily put together ploys, I doubt many of her fans even have a record player to play the two different vinyl copies.

Her fanbase makes Mrs Hinch's look normal, all this talk of "we need to get to number one". Just like infuencers she isn't their friend just wants to get #1, sell them a $65 hoddie and be rich. Now the stans are going crazy gifting people copies of me as she is sending out personal video messages to a handful.

Not gonna lie... I got a signed copy of the cd. I have never bought merch but she got me there. You get a certificate of authenticity. And it was only $5. Haha.

Yel

Not gonna lie... I got a signed copy of the cd. I have never bought merch but she got me there. You get a certificate of authenticity. And it was only $5. Haha.
Ha lots have done this. It's a smart move to sell a load more but I'm still hoping she misses number 1 before a huge fall after all these schemes. I notice all her official accounts delete the latest ploy, they'll say that's to not disappoint fans that couldn't get it but to me looks like trying to hide the desperation.

She doesn't really care that much about the UK, but #3 is more than it deserves.

I think her fan base can be excused because they are young girls who have nothing better to do than watch YouTube videos over and over.
Are they still that young though? I'm not sure how well she's recruited younger people into her fanbase, the red era people must be mostly adults by now.

Her fans on socials are something else, all their lists of what do to to get #1. Then going crazy over her dancing in the audience, that's her job it's all promo.

The bee hives going crazy after using drummers :rolleyes:

Yel

That's hilarious and deserved that even with all her work and shady trying to sell the same song in 8 different formats she still didn't get a hot 100 #1. To be beaten by a country inspired song too :LOL:

The song has performed so badly for her standards, the only region it got #1 is Scotland. Didn't even make it into the top 10 in many countries.

I bet she's fuming with a sore hand after signing all those copies :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.