Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As she's gotten older her voice has definitely improved but she tends to sing in a lower register now. Not sure how that'll work with the old songs. Can't wait though. Even as a teenager her songwriting was just incredible.

Reactions: 5
Maybe I'd Lie or Dark Blue Tennessee will be on it? Is there any info on the new tracks?

Reactions: 2
Maybe I'd Lie or Dark Blue Tennessee will be on it? Is there any info on the new tracks?
Maybe reading too much into it but she said she’s re-recording the old songs but recording the vault ones. Possibly implies they’re ones that were never recorded, just written or a demo?

Not sure the context of I’d lie though, was it a demo?

Maybe reading too much into it but she said she’s re-recording the old songs but recording the vault ones. Possibly implies they’re ones that were never recorded, just written or a demo?

Not sure the context of I’d lie though, was it a demo?
It was never officially released, it leaked, I think.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think I could be more excited!!! I can’t wait to hear what she has done with it - I’m expecting there to be changes and change ups but maybe it will just be carbon copies?!? Love the cover and the announcement, and just can’t wait to listen to fearless brand new! You Belong with Me and Fearless are two of my fave songs so can’t wait to hear them afresh!!

Reactions: 1
argh! just realised I got the original fearless cover art confused with the speak now cover art! I'm old.😅

my point still stands regarding it being an homage with the swooshy hair 😁

• Haha
Not to be completely insane because I know Fearless has literally just been announced and won’t be released fully until April but I think we’ll have Speak Now in July.

July 9th (aka Last Kiss day) is a Friday and I can just see it happening that day.

Anyway, the new version of Love Story is beautiful and it makes me feel so incredibly nostalgic. I think we’re going to get songs like I’d Lie, Dark Blue Tennessee (wasn’t it originally going to be track 5?), maybe Permanent Marker. I’m so excited to hear them all.

Reactions: 9
No, I thought the same. Kinda disappointed, ngl.
Guess she really doesn't want to give people a reason to ever listen to the original again lol.

yep. recording them exactly the same renders the masters worthless and ultimately scooter makes no money from them! it's perfect revenge! 😁

Reactions: 12
Don’t have that much to say about love story tbh because we’d already heard the new version snippet in that Ryan Reynolds advert. You can tell she’s really tried to get it exact but it is missing the whimsy of her teenage voice I guess. Still excited for the whole album though. Hope there’s a few little changes in there.

What order do we think she’ll release the rest in and do we think anything will be changed?

Here’s my predictions on order:

Fearless - no changes

Speak now - Im buying into the July 9th theory. Possible change to better than revenge mattress line? Something in “long live” to shoutout the fans & how they’ve supported her recently (Scooter is the dragon in that song now lol)?

Taylor Swift - no change

1989 - I want extra tracks!

reputation - no changes

RED - I think she’ll leave it until last cos it’s the fan fav. Possible 10 min version of ATW as a bonus track to shut people up 😂

Reactions: 4
yep. recording them exactly the same renders the masters worthless and ultimately scooter makes no money from them! it's perfect revenge! 😁
It's definitely a smart move, I guess I was just hoping for a more experimental approach to the re-recordings. She explored so many genres and gained so much experience since recording her old songs, I wish that was reflected somehow!

Especially with Taylor, I feel like people who love the originals and still listen to them own them as physical copies anyway. But we'll see how the album will sound like :)

It's definitely a smart move, I guess I was just hoping for a more experimental approach to the re-recordings. She explored so many genres and gained so much experience since recording her old songs, I wish that was reflected somehow!

Especially with Taylor, I feel like people who love the originals and still listen to them own them as physical copies anyway. But we'll see how the album will sound like :)
I didn’t even think about that way. That is a smart move on Taylor’s part. Like @bublifuk said though I just wish she had done something different with it. State of Grace vs state of Grace acoustic for example are the same song but convey two totally different meanings when they’re planning normally or acoustically. I was just expecting something else I guess but good for her for taking control of her music.

Reactions: 5
Don’t have that much to say about love story tbh because we’d already heard the new version snippet in that Ryan Reynolds advert. You can tell she’s really tried to get it exact but it is missing the whimsy of her teenage voice I guess. Still excited for the whole album though. Hope there’s a few little changes in there.

What order do we think she’ll release the rest in and do we think anything will be changed?

Here’s my predictions on order:

Fearless - no changes

Speak now - Im buying into the July 9th theory. Possible change to better than revenge mattress line? Something in “long live” to shoutout the fans & how they’ve supported her recently (Scooter is the dragon in that song now lol)?

Taylor Swift - no change

1989 - I want extra tracks!

reputation - no changes

RED - I think she’ll leave it until last cos it’s the fan fav. Possible 10 min version of ATW as a bonus track to shut people up 😂
I know she can't re record Rep until the end of 2022 so will be a while off. Crazy that it will be 5 years old then!

I like that she's using her original band for the Fearless and Love Story re-recording.

Reactions: 9
I know she can't re record Rep until the end of 2022 so will be a while off. Crazy that it will be 5 years old then!

I like that she's using her original band for the Fearless and Love Story re-recording.
Me too!
I follow some of them on insta and they have all been posting about it

Ah that’s great she is using her old band!! I guess Paul and Greg have been with her the whole time but others have fallen away when she began changing things up!

I like the new version. The lyric video is very sweet. It is a shame as all the cover art and videos now belong to Scooter and Borchetta so she can't use any official old footage. The photos in the lyric videos will be some that she/her management kept which is nice.

Ah that’s great she is using her old band!! I guess Paul and Greg have been with her the whole time but others have fallen away when she began changing things up!
Yes, I follow Paul on IG. I noticed he never posted anything about Folklore or Evermore on IG and he is normally the first to cheer Taylor on. His wife still works for Big Machine (Taylor's old label)... I wonder if that made things a little awkward?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
the lyric video's great, the visual on spotify's great, the new version's great. she's played it so well. I first loved her for love story and I think many thousands of people did too. this is a perfect start to the re-recordings ❤

duck scooter braun 🖕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
the lyric video's great, the visual on spotify's great, the new version's great. she's played it so well. I first loved her for love story and I think many thousands of people did too. this is a perfect start to the re-recordings ❤

duck scooter braun 🖕
I am sooo excited for Fearless now... I have a soft spot for Hey Stephen and can't wait to hear the rerecorded one. Will be removing all the originals and adding the new ones to my streaming playlist.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.