Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think at this stage Taylor very much wants to deflect any kind of attention on her relationships, past or present, and wants to make it more about the made up story so she doesn’t create gossip and headlines. I love Taylor so much but for a long time everything she has said in public has always felt very scripted, edited and staged managed.
Yes she is more manufactured than ever now. Which is funny as she's trying to be the most relatable yet she feels far form it.

Reactions: 3
Yes she is more manufactured than ever now. Which is funny as she's trying to be the most relatable yet she feels far form it.
Yeah she knows exactly what to say and how to say it to cause a certain reaction, effect or to deflect totally! It’s a shame as I don’t think she needs to be so scripted like that.

Reactions: 1
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺

Woops. Was meant for the covid page lol but counts for here too I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺
Always here if you want a chat! 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I thought similarly when she recently talked about Coney Island... I personally think it’s a stunning song and one of her best ever... and she’s like, oh I imagined it’s about someone who after many years sees they’ve taken their long term partner for granted. Again making it about a detached story. I’m like... Taylor... this song has such literal references to you and your past and your past muses. Why make it so boring with this boring ass description?
Can you imagine the headlines if she had admitted it's an ode to exes though? I think as much as she's more cagey in what she says, she's probably a bit more honest in her songs (Mad Woman being a good example).

Hoax is an interesting one because (IIRC) she mentioned it being about more than one thing? Must check exactly what she says. I love the song, but it didn't fully make sense to be about anything in particular (at first listen it seemed to be a Joe related heartbreak song, but, that's part of the hoax). I have my own theory about what the song is really about, but that, again, she feared headlines and it was too raw. So she changed it. Could be totally wrong though, obviously.

Yeah she knows exactly what to say and how to say it to cause a certain reaction, effect or to deflect totally! It’s a shame as I don’t think she needs to be so scripted like that.
that it partly why I’ve never been to see her live. The standing and gazing at the crowd at the end of big songs annoys me. It’s clearly scripted and there to make her look “powerful” or something and the talking and speeches between songs annoys me too. There’s no natural rhythm or warmth to it it’s all scripted to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Can you imagine the headlines if she had admitted it's an ode to exes though? I think as much as she's more cagey in what she says, she's probably a bit more honest in her songs (Mad Woman being a good example).

Hoax is an interesting one because (IIRC) she mentioned it being about more than one thing? Must check exactly what she says. I love the song, but it didn't fully make sense to be about anything in particular (at first listen it seemed to be a Joe related heartbreak song, but, that's part of the hoax). I have my own theory about what the song is really about, but that, again, she feared headlines and it was too raw. So she changed it. Could be totally wrong though, obviously.
I wonder if Hoax is about her masters??

At least some of the verses could imply that, as her music is her "one" constant and it got taken away from her.

I think the part about "I left a part of me back in New York" could be about her and Karlie's friendship ending - they both lived in NYC and Taylor even had a bedroom for Karlie in her Tribecca apartment but I don't think Taylor has been back to NY since late 2019.

The lyrics in "It's Time To Go" are obviously about Karlie "
When the words of a sister come back in whispers
That prove she was not
In fact what she seemed, not a twin from your dreams
She's a crook who was caught."

"you knew it still hurt underneath my scars from when they pulled me apart but what you did was just as dark" - could be about Borchetta/Scooter masters situation / Karlie apparently spoke tit about Taylor to Scooter too (he was her manager) - Perez Hilton did a video about it.

that it partly why I’ve never been to see her live. The standing and gazing at me crowd at the end of big songs annoys me. It’s clearly scripted and there to make her look “powerful” or something and the talking and speeches between songs annoys me too. There’s no natural rhythm or warmth to it it’s all scripted to death.
She has always done that since her early tours but it is a little old now. I saw her on the Rep tour, and I rolled my eyes at some of her speeches. It just seemed very disingenuous. Maybe I am just too old for that bit, lol. I think she is likely a very nice person but too sickly sweet sometimes, as she has admitted she is a huge people pleaser.

Reactions: 5
From what she said in the Long Pond doc, hoax is likely about Scott again and then some other things like past friendships mixed in, maybe also watching her friends’ breakups for inspiration too.

I was also intrigued by hoax, because it’s such a breakup song and seems so personal. I actually started to get a theory it was about her and America, lol sounds weird but kind of like her losing her faith in her country and feeling fooled by its ideals but not wanting to let go... some of the metaphors seemed to really fit and fit with MAATHP, then she did Long Pond and it was like, oh no it’s Scott again lol.

I absolutely love the line “don’t want no other shade of blue but you”... on first listen that line hit me because to me it kind of describes real love, so it was nice when she pointed out that same line and same feeling in the doc too.

Karlie fits the lyrics a bit, but as they describe proper heartache etc you'd have to assume they were a couple at some stage. Maybe they were. Who knows? Some of the lyrics fit scooter, but not the shade of blue part. I don't believe it's about Joe cheating on her, it couldn't be.

Maybe it's a completely wrong hunch, but I've always got a miscarriage vibe from it? With other parts to make it sound like it's about something else. Which is also part of the hoax.

Hoax is a great word, isn't it? Can be cruel or playful, but whatever thing(s) she's singing about it's definitely the former.

that it partly why I’ve never been to see her live. The standing and gazing at the crowd at the end of big songs annoys me. It’s clearly scripted and there to make her look “powerful” or something and the talking and speeches between songs annoys me too. There’s no natural rhythm or warmth to it it’s all scripted to death.
Haha when I went to see her on the rep tour she did that for a whole 5 minutes while the crowd applauded and cheered!! She always says ‘I love this city, I know there’s so much you could be doing but thanks for spending the night with me’ 😂 so she definitely prepares what’s gonna say.

• Haha
Karlie fits the lyrics a bit, but as they describe proper heartache etc you'd have to assume they were a couple at some stage. Maybe they were. Who knows? Some of the lyrics fit scooter, but not the shade of blue part. I don't believe it's about Joe cheating on her, it couldn't be.

Maybe it's a completely wrong hunch, but I've always got a miscarriage vibe from it? With other parts to make it sound like it's about something else. Which is also part of the hoax.

Hoax is a great word, isn't it? Can be cruel or playful, but whatever thing(s) she's singing about it's definitely the former.
I always got a miscarriage/asking god why it happened/loss of faith due to it vibes from Hoax. Then again, I’ve had two MC so maybe I look for it everywhere 😂I hear it in Rose-Colored Boy by Paramore too 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I always got a miscarriage/asking god why it happened/loss of faith due to it vibes from Hoax. Then again, I’ve had two MC so maybe I look for it everywhere 😂I hear it in Rose-Colored Boy by Paramore too 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
😕 I've also had 2, so that's maybe why I hear it too. Sending uncreepy virtual ((hugs)).

I'm very fortunate to have 2 kids, but my first pregnancy ended at 10 weeks, and it was heartbreaking. Second pregnancy was fine, but I was so fearful throughout that it was going to happen again. I don't know how I would have coped if I lost that baby. Some women go through hell unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She has always done that since her early tours but it is a little old now. I saw her on the Rep tour, and I rolled my eyes at some of her speeches. It just seemed very disingenuous. Maybe I am just too old for that bit, lol. I think she is likely a very nice person but too sickly sweet sometimes, as she has admitted she is a huge people pleaser.
I didn't think Rep was as bad for it as 1989 was. That was really cheesy. Maybe it works for Americans more than us cynical Brits.

Reactions: 7
No body, No crime is such a weird one but I can’t help but find it incredibly catchy 😆

I’m right in thinking she’s the mistress herself right??

No body, No crime is such a weird one but I can’t help but find it incredibly catchy 😆

I wasn't getting that vibe at all.. hmm. Definitely adds a new dimension.

I think that because of the whole life insurance policy line.
But then who is 'she' in 'She thinks I did it but she just can't prove it'?

I’m glad you’re analysing it as much as I am 😂😂
That’s the exact line that had me question myself.
The sister? So the mistress kills estee, the sister finds out, they’re both in on killing the husband and she flees to her/has her as an alibi

I wasn't getting that vibe at all.. hmm. Definitely adds a new dimension.
I feel like she’s the mistress who’s teamed up with the sister to kill estee/the husband for the insurance policy

"They think she did it" refers to the police thinking the mistress did it because of the life insurance policy.

"She thinks I did it" is the mistress suspecting/knowing Taylor was behind it but having no proof.

I don't think so. She said it is based on her interest of true crime stories. Have you heard of Christopher Watts? He was having an affair, and then murdered his wife and children (to be with the mistress). His wife, Shannon's friend, reported Shannon missing, and then the husband was found guilty of murder.

Anyway, No Body No Crime, reminded me of that story.

Taylor murdered the husband who was having an affair and murdered her friend to be with the mistress. (maybe she confronted him about the affair and he lost it, killing her).
The mistress thinks Taylor murdered the husband but there is no proof.
The police think the mistress murdered the husband because the husband had a big life insurance policy and they think the mistress was after his money.

That is how I interpret it. lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.