Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"They think she did it" refers to the police thinking the mistress did it because of the life insurance policy.

"She thinks I did it" is the mistress suspecting/knowing Taylor was behind it but having no proof.
Yeah I understand that. But why the line ' Good thing his mistress took out a big life insurance policy'

Why, as a friend of Este's, would that be a good thing?

Edit....hmm I guess it could then point the finger at the mistress for a motive.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I understand that. But why the line ' Good thing his mistress took out a big life insurance policy'

The mistress took out a big life insurance policy, which leads the police to think the mistress murdered him as she wanted the money. Taylor is saying it is a "good thing" as it makes the mistress look guilty/like she had a reason to make him disappear. When in actual fact Taylor got rid of him but the police are not suspecting her.

Reactions: 6

Edit....hmm I guess it could then point the finger at the mistress for a motive.
I thought it meant that Taylor was going to kill the mistress next. So good thing she has a life insurance policy so her family can cash it in?

"It tells a macabre story[4] of a woman named Este, who confronts her cheating husband. She goes missing and the song's narrator suspects she was murdered by him in favor of his mistress. Without the body of the victim the husband cannot be tried for homicide. Este's friend takes justice into her own hands and kills the husband, dumps his body in a lake and frames the mistress.[5] Este is named after Este Haim.[9][10] The song drew comparisons to the Dixie Chicks' "Goodbye Earl" (2000) and Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" (2006) among others"

the fact Taylor sings "good thing my daddy made me get a boating license" hints to the fact she dumped his body in water and she sings about how well she can clean houses = clean up a crime. Taylor got rid of the husband in revenge for him murdering her best friend.

Reactions: 3
I just thought Este was Este Haim because that’s who she collaborated with on it?
Yes, the woman who goes missing in the song's storyline is called Este - Taylor said named after Este Haim who is one of her best friends and on the song.

You are all making this song way more complicated than it needs to be or maybe I watch too many true crime shows 🤣

Taylor's friend Este goes missing after confronting her husband who she suspects was having an affair.
The mistress moves into the house.
Taylor sings about how it is a good thing she got a boating license when she was a teen and knows how to clean up a mess.
She kills the husband (throws him in the lake) since he killed her friend.
The mistress had taken out a life insurance policy on the husband.
Now the husband is missing, the police suspect the mistress (when someone goes missing, it is often someone closest to them that harmed them). They likely think she was after his money but they can't prove it.
The mistress thinks Taylor did it but there is zero proof.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I like my theory best 😂😂 I love a twist and I want estee’s friend to have been the mistress all along who killed them both off and shared the insurance policy with estee’s sister 😂

• Haha
I was listening to Hoax and noticed the lyric "my barren land." That phrase is sometimes used by women who cannot have children. It is very personal but I wonder is that what Taylor means?

Yeah, that's part of why I get those sort of vibes from it. I really hope I'm wrong, but to me it sounds like maybe an eptopic pregnancy where she's maybe needed surgery. In peace she sounds much sadder at the "give you a child" part. Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong.

I don't wanna snoop around in Taylor's personal life too much, but Hoax makes me feel so uneasy?? It's a beautiful song and she references so many of her other songs in it:
"Don't want no other shade of blue but you" reminds me of all the lines about 'blue' on the Lover album
"My only one, My kingdom come undone, My broken drum, You have beaten my heart" - King of my Heart
"You knew the password so I let you in the door" - gives me Call It What You Want vibes

"You knew it still hurts underneath my scars from when they pulled me apart, But what you did was just as dark"
Assuming she's talking about everything that happened in 2016/17, what could have possibly been as dark? It screams abusive relationship/being cheated on/betrayed by your partner to me. I really hope she just let her imagination run wild with this one...

Probably quite a bit of a reach, but maybe it's inspired by Selena's relationship with Justin, with him constantly cheating, getting married after only a few months of their break up and her surgery?

I don't wanna snoop around in Taylor's personal life too much, but Hoax makes me feel so uneasy?? It's a beautiful song and she references so many of her other songs in it:
"Don't want no other shade of blue but you" reminds me of all the lines about 'blue' on the Lover album
"My only one, My kingdom come undone, My broken drum, You have beaten my heart" - King of my Heart
"You knew the password so I let you in the door" - gives me Call It What You Want vibes

"You knew it still hurts underneath my scars from when they pulled me apart, But what you did was just as dark"
Assuming she's talking about everything that happened in 2016/17, what could have possibly been as dark? It screams abusive relationship/being cheated on/betrayed by your partner to me. I really hope she just let her imagination run wild with this one...

Probably quite a bit of a reach, but maybe it's inspired by Selena's relationship with Justin, with him constantly cheating, getting married after only a few months of their break up and her surgery?
I wonder if it is about her music, her "only one." A lot of it seems like it could actually be about her masters and I think she confirmed that on long pond

I kind of got Karlie vibes from that. I’m not a Kaylor btw and I never really thought Karlie made that much of an impact to her until the “sister” reference in “its time to go”.

So now I hear that line in hoax as whatever Karlie did (sold her out to scooter?) was just as dark as when everyone turned against her.

she talked about this in her long pond sessions. She said she’s never had it where she doesn’t even know herself what a song is exactly about, but then she wrote Hoax. She implied it was about multiple things. she did say that the bit about “don’t want no other shade of blue but you” is when someone in a relationship is struggling with mental health but they have a partner who helps & stands by them no matter what. She’s been quite vocal recently about how she really struggled in 2016 after all the media stuff, but then she met Joe. So I think it’s meant to be a nod towards him helping her.

I think the rest is potentially a mix of Karlie, 2016 drama, scott/scooter mess all together

Reactions: 6
she talked about this in her long pond sessions. She said she’s never had it where she doesn’t even know herself what a song is exactly about, but then she wrote Hoax. She implied it was about multiple things. she did say that the bit about “don’t want no other shade of blue but you” is when someone in a relationship is struggling with mental health but they have a partner who helps & stands by them no matter what. She’s been quite vocal recently about how she really struggled in 2016 after all the media stuff, but then she met Joe. So I think it’s meant to be a nod towards him helping her.

I think the rest is potentially a mix of Karlie, 2016 drama, scott/scooter mess all together
Ah interesting, I actually haven't seen the long pond sessions so thanks for the info!

I just looked him up and it looks like he turned 40 last month! And that’s kind of gross. The age and maturity gap between a 40 year old man and a 24 year old girl whose barely out of school is huge.
His daughter, sorry...girlfriend, is really quite immature.
Taylor Swift's album Red with the song about Jake having her scarf was released October 22, 2012. Social media was all abuzz on October 22 in 2019. On that same day (October 22, 2019) his daughter, sorry again...girlfriend decides to post the below uploaded picture to her Instagram stories. Mon enchape means "my scarf."

And...
He is paying for her school; recently she enrolled in Columbia university - General studies (coincidentally its the same university his mother was teaching in the past and Jake and his sister were studying there). All of her model jobs are with Jakes friends that work in fashion. His PR team completely cleaned her Instagram page (of nude photos...). Instagram pages that called her out for mocking (in a video) native americans and for calling black models "ashy", were taken down...he really is desperate to clean her image.
The most ironic thing is that when he broke up with Taylor, his excuse was the age gap..because 9 years difference is less than 16 years. And when the news of Jake dating this wannabe model came out, her PR put out that she is more mature and wordy than an american woman.

Attachments

• Wow
Taylor Swift's album Red with the song about Jake having her scarf was released October 22, 2012. Social media was all abuzz on October 22 in 2019. On that same day (October 22, 2019) his daughter, sorry again...girlfriend decides to post the below uploaded picture to her Instagram stories. Mon enchape means "my scarf."

And...
He is paying for her school; recently she enrolled in Columbia university - General studies (coincidentally its the same university his mother was teaching in the past and Jake and his sister were studying there). All of her model jobs are with Jakes friends that work in fashion. His PR team completely cleaned her Instagram page (of nude photos...). Instagram pages that called her out for mocking (in a video) native americans and for calling black models "ashy", were taken down...he really is desperate to clean her image.
The most ironic thing is that when he broke up with Taylor, his excuse was the age gap..because 9 years difference is less than 16 years. And when the news of Jake dating this wannabe model came out, her PR put out that she is more mature and wordy than an american woman.
Is he her sugar daddy? Seems like nothing more than a pr relationship.

Reactions: 2
Is he her sugar daddy? Seems like nothing more than a pr relationship.
Its seems sugar daddy relationship to me...
The weird thing is that his mum follows her, likes all of her photos, write under it (things like "classic beauty" etc.), but his sister "ignore" her (cant know exactly whats happening behind the close doors...but she does not follow her). And Jake in public treats her like he is ashamed of her....they walk separately, she wait for him in the corner while he talk with people etc. Also all this image cleaning, I think, is because he is trying to make her look successful and smart...because as she is now, it seems, she is not good enough. And look the Jake effect in the two attached pictures. The first picture is his girlfriend when they started dating, the second is now. Which healthy 40 years man would be ok that his partner became that thiny...Taylor here definitely skipped a bullet...

Attachments

And...
Wow, I was NOT expecting all that! He’s really showing his true colors...I bet Taylor is thanking her lucky stars that she didn’t end up wasting any more time on him. What a creep.

Its seems sugar daddy relationship to me...
The weird thing is that his mum follows her, likes all of her photos, write under it (things like "classic beauty" etc.), but his sister "ignore" her (cant know exactly whats happening behind the close doors...but she does not follow her). And Jake in public treats her like he is ashamed of her....they walk separately, she wait for him in the corner while he talk with people etc. Also all this image cleaning, I think, is because he is trying to make her look successful and smart...because as she is now, it seems, she is not good enough. And look the Jake effect in the two attached pictures. The first picture is his girlfriend when they started dating, the second is now. Which healthy 40 years man would be ok that his partner became that thiny...Taylor here definitely skipped a bullet...
Jake is very odd. I have read a few blind items that he is gay and in a relationship with his male best friend...can't remember his name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.