Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listening to Cowboy Like Me and I thought it would have been actually quite cool if it had been a duet with some really low, husky male country voice.

Reactions: 4
Just listening to Cowboy Like Me and I thought it would have been actually quite cool if it had been a duet with some really low, husky male country voice.
I loooove Cowboy Like Me. It is very underrated.

Reactions: 3
I’m in love with that song, think it’s my fav from evermore. I love how the male voice (forgotten his name 😂) is in the background. I agree, a country voice would’ve been great. I really thought it was Joe for a while haha

Reactions: 1
I’m in love with that song, think it’s my fav from evermore. I love how the male voice (forgotten his name 😂) is in the background. I agree, a country voice would’ve been great. I really thought it was Joe for a while haha
Def a fav of mine, along with Ivy.

I don't like the song Evermore. Bon Iver's bit sounds very messy

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Def a fav of mine, along with Ivy.

I don't like the song Evermore. Bon Iver's bit sounds very messy
Totally agree, think it had great potential to be one of her best sad-happy songs but I really don’t like the bridge. Also don’t like the clanging in closure

Reactions: 2
I was a big fan of Taylor swift’s country music and went off her a bit after red , I enjoyed the singles from 1989 , reputation and lover but never really bothered to listen to the whole thing ..

when I heard she had folklore out and it was more indie folksy which is far more my taste of music I was thrilled as I think she’s a fantastic lyricist and I fell in love with it , and I think I like evermore even more ! my favourite tracks are right where you left me , cowboy like me , champagne problems and no body no crime ..
They sound more like old Taylor to me and that’s how I found her and got to like her

I’ve always been a bit interested in her love life , do we believe all these rumours that she’s married Joe alwyn ?

I was a big fan of Taylor swift’s country music and went off her a bit after red , I enjoyed the singles from 1989 , reputation and lover but never really bothered to listen to the whole thing ..

when I heard she had folklore out and it was more indie folksy which is far more my taste of music I was thrilled as I think she’s a fantastic lyricist and I fell in love with it , and I think I like evermore even more ! my favourite tracks are right where you left me , cowboy like me , champagne problems and no body no crime ..
They sound more like old Taylor to me and that’s how I found her and got to like her

I’ve always been a bit interested in her love life , do we believe all these rumours that she’s married Joe alwyn ?
Not sure. But if she was going to get married I def think she would do it secretly otherwise the media would hound her.

Also I bet she would have an ironclad prenup.

Everybody in the industry knows that her and Joe are a PR relationship. She swings the other way. I would be very surprised if she takes Joe down the aisle.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Everybody in the industry knows that her and Joe are a PR relationship. She swings the other way. I would be very surprised if she takes Joe down the aisle.
This rumour has been around for so long, I just don't see it myself. Having said that, Joe has the sex appeal of a damp towel for me. She could do so much better!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I could easily see this. It's the only "conspiracy" I could buy. It would work as Joe was an "unknown" before Taylor so its very beneficial to him and if he lives in the UK she doesn't have to stunt with him often. Interestingly I have seen theories that he isn't really bowery but if he is a beard because of the pandemic he isn't getting much promo so it's a deal for him to get credited as Bowery for promo and payment. I think Taylor herself is WB, just like she was Nils. Joe himself said in an interview he isn't a singer and I find it hard to believe his writing is on par with multiple Grammy winner, Taylor.

Thoughts on that? Before covid they were only photographed together when he had a new film coming out, TV show or she had a single coming out....(hiking in LA in dark jeans and Nikes 😂)

Me too- that’s what I’ve been looking for for so long!! As much as I loved her pop based stuff, I love how we can hear proper instruments again!!

The Jake gossip is interesting! I'm so nosey why is celeb drama so fascinating 😂

Reactions: 3
Still loving Folklore so much. I need to buy a record player again so I can listen to the vinyl copy of it I bought myself for Christmas. I don't feel like I will ever bore of this record. It really is absolutely stunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still loving Folklore so much. I need to buy a record player again so I can listen to the vinyl copy of it I bought myself for Christmas. I don't feel like I will ever bore of this record. It really is absolutely stunning.
Same here! My bf knows all the songs off by heart now too and he would never have chosen to listen to her had I not had it playing constantly 😂

Maybe this is just my naivety, but if it is true, why wouldn’t she just come out?
Unfortunately bearding is still rife in Hollywood and the music scene. Taylor started her career in country music which is extremely conservative and quite homophobic, both industry and fan wise. There is a country singer called Chely Wright who didn't come out for 17 years into her career because of her fear of backlash and being ostracized. She was with a woman from 1993-1994 but did not come out privately to friends and family until 2004-2006. She did not publicly come out until 2010. Her career started in 1993. She also was raised in a Christian household which made it harder too - as was Taylor. Chely was in a public "relationship" with Brad Paisley at one point. Many gay celebs have "bearding" relationships, Elton John and Freddie Mercury did too.

The Grand Old Opry is an iconic theatre in Nashville. Chely didn't get to play there again until 10 years after coming out. This is where Taylor performed Betty last year...which is a pretty big deal as if you didn't know anything about it, it could sound like a gay song. That is bold for the country industry.

Taylor has crossed genres now but could still have a psychological fear.
In Miss Americana even though she is pop genre now and has a lot of liberal fans, her management and father tried to stop her from speaking out about Trump. The manager literally said "if I could suggest a way to cut your tour attendance in half this would be it." she had to push back to just speak out against Trump.... Imagine how much she would have to push back for coming out as gay or even bi. Some fans think the song Tolerate It is about her father. I don't think they are close as they appear as her parents are separated and he lives in Florida. Taylor did a speech in Pride month about how LGBTQ people should be "celebrated not just tolerates" which fits with the message of the song. Track 5 is often her most personal song too. Honestly, if you listen to her songs (much of her catalog) from a gay/bi perspective they make a lot more sense... I am saying that as a straight woman. Especially the song Ivy. She is still singing about a secret relationship and has been since 1989 (way before Joe). She also has many unreleased songs, from her earlier days which are about girls, in the style of Betty.

There are a few masterposts to get lost in if you are bored.... lol. "Kaylor" master post and "Swiftgron" (Dianna Agron) master posts are interesting.
Wonderland is def about Agron and no one can change my mind. Dianna had a Tumblr page called "fell down the rabbit hole" and Taylor sings all about that in Wonderland. Dianna also had a tattoo referencing "we all went mad" from Alice and Wonderland, which Taylor also references in the song. AND in Holy Ground, Taylor sings "I left a note on the door with a joke we'd made" and there are photos from one of Dianna's parties with a door where Taylor wrote a joke on it... Honestly, when it comes to Taylor, nothing is really a coincidence. I also find it very interesting how all her love songs are about/in New York, even on Folklore. Yet Joe lives in London... and she only has one song about there which is London Boy which sounds a little bit satirical.

In her "journals" from the Lover era, she says she spent the last months of 2016 from Autumn in London... yet she was renting her place at Cornelia Street and literally wrote a song about Cornelia Street and it being Autumn and a load of songs about her lover being in New York. In False God, she sings "staring out the window like I'm not your favourite town, I'm New York City." Joe said in an interview that his favourite city is London... Karlie said her's is NYC and she lives there. She then sings, "You're the West Village." - Karlie's apartment was located in the West Village of NYC. In Cardigan, she sings "heartbeat on the Highline." The Highline is a park in NYC, on that block Karlie's Klossy offices are located. She sings, "I snuck in through the garden gate every night that summer to seal my fate." There are literal photos of Taylor walking through Karlie's garden gate in West Village, NYC, in summer lol.
"Drinking beer out of plastic cups." King of my heart.
"Come here dressed in black now" - So It Goes. At the VS show, Karlie is wearing a cape which is what magicians wear and Taylor sings "all eyes on you, my magician."

I know how crazy it sounds but the evidence is right there.

I also think Gorgeous was inspired by Sophie Monk... Taylor literally said to her in an interview, "you're so gorgeous, it's hard to talk to you."
"You're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face." LOL.

I just saw this country singer just came out and "Osborne is currently the only openly gay artist signed to a major country label, Time reports, with Osborne saying he's "curious how this will go."

I'm going to see myself out as I probably sound a little cray. I am not one for conspiracies but that is a good deep dive, haha.

Attachments

Last edited:
Maybe this is just my naivety, but if it is true, why wouldn’t she just come out?
exactly . she did a song about LGBT rights didn’t she ? seems very strange to do that but then lie about your sexuality .. I don’t think she’s gay if I’m being honest

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.