Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New Year's Day is awful (n):LOL:.

I LOVE Daylight though and Afterglow.

Well, I went out for a drive today for the first time since Evermore came out and I have to say... it is not a good driving album. I LOVE it in general but did not enjoy driving to it, hahaha. Folklore is much better for driving and Lover is top tier for driving.
Lover is definitely the best for driving! Death by a Thousand Cuts - ‘I ask the traffic lights if it’ll be alright, they say I don’t know’. God I miss driving to work!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Apparently, Taylor is due to announce her engagement to Joe shortly.
They would have the prettiest kids. Not that she ever needs to get married or have children but if that's what Taylor want, I'm glad she's been able to find that in Joe. She's dated a lot of gorgeous men but they were clearly not on the same page as her and aren't the type to commit. Guys like Jake G and John M are 40+ now and still unmarried and a lot of people gave Taylor so much BS about how she was crazy and the guys got scared off. But it's clear now that they just aren't the committed type.

Reactions: 9
They would have the prettiest kids. Not that she ever needs to get married or have children but if that's what Taylor want, I'm glad she's been able to find that in Joe. She's dated a lot of gorgeous men but they were clearly not on the same page as her and aren't the type to commit. Guys like Jake G and John M are 40+ now and still unmarried and a lot of people gave Taylor so much BS about how she was crazy and the guys got scared off. But it's clear now that they just aren't the committed type.
Jake Gyllenhaal is actually just 39 but with a 24 year old girlfriend. Hmmm.

Reactions: 3
Jake Gyllenhaal is actually just 39 but with a 24 year old girlfriend. Hmmm.
I just looked him up and it looks like he turned 40 last month! And that’s kind of gross. The age and maturity gap between a 40 year old man and a 24 year old girl whose barely out of school is huge.

Reactions: 6
spotify just found it reasonable to play me teardrops on my guitar followed by I did something bad and omg, how jarring can you get!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just came here because I can’t stop listening to Champagne Problems. The lyrics are haunting yet beautiful. Flawless.

also this is it mashed up with All To Well and it’s just magic.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just came here because I can’t stop listening to Champagne Problems. The lyrics are haunting yet beautiful. Flawless.

also this is it mashed up with All To Well and it’s just magic.
😍 I need to download some of these mashups. If you have any other recommendations, please post them here! I only have the wildest dreams/enchanted one

Reactions: 1
😍 I need to download some of these mashups. If you have any other recommendations, please post them here! I only have the wildest dreams/enchanted one
It’s not another mash up but this playlist on YouTube is amazing too - Taylor Swift but your crying after saying No etc

Anyone watched the long pond studio sessions on Disney+ ?
Yes, watched it back when it was released, absolutely loved it, was so nice to hear a bit more about the meaning behind some of the songs, and she sounded great. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't given it a go yet.

Yes, although I was a bit gutted in a way as some of the stories behind the songs were so vanilla, I was hoping for a bit more scandal!
It bothered me because she obviously had these rehearsed things to say about the songs but she was being evasive and it ended up just being, IMO, really dull. I felt like sometimes Jack would push the conversation in an interesting direction and Taylor would just be like “...” and go back to talking about things in a way she’d kind of already thought out for her fans on Tumblr to easily digest. To me the more honest descriptions were of hoax and peace. I found out later that she directed it, and that made sense. I think the special needed a director or a moderator because Taylor lives too in her head and too aware of outside perception to pull off in depth discussions about her music on camera IMO.

I thought similarly when she recently talked about Coney Island... I personally think it’s a stunning song and one of her best ever... and she’s like, oh I imagined it’s about someone who after many years sees they’ve taken their long term partner for granted. Again making it about a detached story. I’m like... Taylor... this song has such literal references to you and your past and your past muses. Why make it so boring with this boring ass description?

Reactions: 11
It bothered me because she obviously had these rehearsed things to say about the songs but she was being evasive and it ended up just being, IMO, really dull. I felt like sometimes Jack would push the conversation in an interesting direction and Taylor would just be like “...” and go back to talking about things in a way she’d kind of already thought out for her fans on Tumblr to easily digest. To me the more honest descriptions were of hoax and peace. I found out later that she directed it, and that made sense. I think the special needed a director or a moderator because Taylor lives too in her head and too aware of outside perception to pull off in depth discussions about her music on camera IMO.

I thought similarly when she recently talked about Coney Island... I personally think it’s a stunning song and one of her best ever... and she’s like, oh I imagined it’s about someone who after many years sees they’ve taken their long term partner for granted. Again making it about a detached story. I’m like... Taylor... this song has such literal references to you and your past and your past muses. Why make it so boring with this boring ass description?
Yes some of the songs are obviously so personal but she gives them made-up stories. I prefer she says the real thing or doesn't say anything at all and lets fans imagine what they are about.

I love this YT channel she has LOADS of Taylor videos. I am not sure how she manages to keep them up as often this kind of videos are removed for copyright reasons. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb0NeLICB8PmHeDv5l4KRbA

I also love "empty arena" edits, lol https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=taylor+swift+empty+arena

Also highly recommend this "Lover Fest" concept playlist since we never got the real concerts, lol.

I think at this stage Taylor very much wants to deflect any kind of attention on her relationships, past or present, and wants to make it more about the made up story so she doesn’t create gossip and headlines. I love Taylor so much but for a long time everything she has said in public has always felt very scripted, edited and staged managed.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.