Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the things I love about Taylor's music is her "rant" style bridges... they are quite unique to her!

They are in:
The Other Side of The Door (legendary)
Out of the Woods
Getaway Car
Cruel Summer
Death By A Thousand Cuts
August

Not sure if Evermore Has one?
Probably the one in Champagne Problems or in Ivy when she sings: "
So yeah, it's a fire
It's a goddamn blaze in the dark
And you started it
You started it
So yeah, it's a war
It's the goddamn fight of my life
And you started it
You started it."

Highly recommend listening to the songs in that order. You will have a serotonin rush, lol.
This comment is fact and I've just realised it. Thank you.

I live for the bridges. Even the non ranty ones. I knew you were trouble, I did something bad, all too well and sooo many others have great bridges...

I probably love them so much because I'm super argumentative. It's the lyrical equivalent of an "and actually..." 🤣

Reactions: 6
This comment is fact and I've just realised it. Thank you.

I live for the bridges. Even the non ranty ones. I knew you were trouble, I did something bad, all too well and sooo many others have great bridges...

I probably love them so much because I'm super argumentative. It's the lyrical equivalent of an "and actually..." 🤣
The All Too Well bridge is stronger than actual Brooklyn Bridge

• Haha
Reactions: 23
All too well is a bloody masterpiece. And deserves all the recognition.
And I would say Jake G is an idiot but we all got an amazing song out of it.

Did anyone see he posted a pic a few weeks back of when he was little with glasses. And all the comments were just 'you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin sized bed'

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All too well is a bloody masterpiece. And deserves all the recognition.
And I would say Jake G is an idiot but we all got an amazing song out of it.

Did anyone see he posted a pic a few weeks back of when he was little with glasses. And all the comments were just 'you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin sized bed'
I feel sorry for Maggie G and the constant “WHERE’S HER SCARF?!!!” questions 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I go through phases on playing that on repeat.

Anyone else actually love the Reputation album? I hugely appreciate how banging it is but from what I gather it was not critically praised or a fan favourite?

Reactions: 7

Anyone else actually love the Reputation album? I hugely appreciate how banging it is but from what I gather it was not critically praised or a fan favourite?
I was a bit disappointed when it came out cos I love 1989. I didn’t expect the same pop sound but I think I expected better songs in general? I think the main thing for me was that she kept repeating the same concepts, ie.
- Kanye/2016
- Her secret relationship

It was a bit overkill for me and by the last song I’m like “ok we get it! Everyone turned on you but joe sees the real you and you ran away with him and no one knew blah blah”.

Saying that I do love IDSB (should’ve been the first single), Delicate, Getaway Car (though the sound doesn’t quite fit with rep).

I also enjoy the snake and dark theme in comparison to 1989 and think she did that well (an example of when I like her overkill!).

Reactions: 2

I love all of her albums, Reputation isn't the best of them, but it's got some incredible tracks. My favs (in order are) are: Dress, Delicate, Getaway Car, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, New Years Day.

Reactions: 4
In my head Folklore Taylor and reputation Taylor are almost separate artists at this stage. She’s grown so much as a vocalist and on a human level that she doesn’t seem like the person she was then. I find reputation to be a very bitter album.

Reactions: 9
I really like both Albums but Folklore to me was such a shock and different maybe it hit me harder. I love it.

Evermore is a beautiful song but I much prefer Bon Ivers tone on exile. I have to skip as soon as he enters the song. Ivy and long story short are my favourites, but really enjoy them all and don't skip (aside from evermore)

Reactions: 6

I think Rep has A LOT of filler songs - I feel like it is fine to have one song on the album that is thematically cheesy like "We Are Never Getting Back Together" but Rep has many of them (for me)

- Ready For It (Good for the concert but eh, not a great song Taylor wise)
- End Game (cringey)
- Look What You Made Me Do (I like the MV but the song is not great)
- Gorgeous
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
- New Year's Day (awful and bland)

The rest are good but not my favourite.

Hands down best one I’ve been to!
It was so good I bought more tickets for the following night...

I think Rep has A LOT of filler songs - I feel like it is fine to have one song on the album that is thematically cheesy like "We Are Never Getting Back Together" but Rep has many of them (for me)

- Ready For It (Good for the concert but eh, not a great song Taylor wise)
- End Game (cringey)
- Look What You Made Me Do (I like the MV but the song is not great)
- Gorgeous
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
- New Year's Day (awful and bland)

The rest are good but not my favourite.
🤨 New year's day is the BEST song on Rep.
Taylor's relationship with Joe feels very real to me because of it.

Same with Daylight on Lover. Romantic love is red, but lasting love is golden. I know how schmaltzy that sounds, but it's true.

Last edited:
New Year's Day is awful (n):LOL:.

I LOVE Daylight though and Afterglow.

Well, I went out for a drive today for the first time since Evermore came out and I have to say... it is not a good driving album. I LOVE it in general but did not enjoy driving to it, hahaha. Folklore is much better for driving and Lover is top tier for driving.

Reactions: 1
It was so good I bought more tickets for the following night...

🤨 New year's day is the BEST song on Rep.
Taylor's relationship with Joe feels very real to me because of it.

Same with Daylight on Lover. Romantic love is red, but lasting love is golden. I know how schmaltzy that sounds, but it's true.
I love New Year’s Day

• Heart
Reactions: 4
NYD is okay, like it’s a nice song with some memorable moments... but kind of lacks a strong hook and sort of peters out. I also tend to not love a TS song that doesn’t have a great bridge because as has been discussed she is so good at them, so when she does a “meh” bridge it‘s disappointing.
I remember before Rep came out she was hyping NYD up saying it was song people would want as their wedding song, etc., and it’s like... “that?” And it’s the album closer AND was a promo single. It always seems to me a song that you’d write and think was nice and sweet and sentimental to the writer, but then really consider cutting from an album.

As for Rep itself, I do like the album but I understand why it was received how it was. To me it was the first time Taylor was putting on such a blatant costume persona in an obvious response to public opinion, rather than her usual evolutions that seemed more natural. Like okay suddenly you’re wearing torn up hoodies and black lipstick because of your scandal. And then oop, next era you like glitter and pastel. Combine this with the fact that the public was still a little cold to her, also the start of the Trump era that Taylor had yet to speak up about, a lot of talk of social injustices and no one was open to hearing Taylor put out an album about how she’d been wronged. (Not saying whether she should or shouldn’t have spoken out, but it all just added up to look as though she lacked some self awareness). Completely agree also with the poster who said it had perhaps too many “thematically cheesy” or campy songs. That said, I do like it overall.

It also got good reviews, just not all around rave reviews as she usually gets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.