Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alexaj

VIP Member
Errr me and my boyfriend have matching Hunter wellies. You're making me think we're saddos now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

skintsocks

VIP Member
Long time lurker, and first post. I personally think that Taylor is just watched so much that she's careful. I don't care if she's gay, I often wondered if H Styles is gay, but you know, it's all about the career and good luck to them. I don't think they are obliged to tell us how it is. Ariana is a queen, and I respect her so much for coming back and doing gigs in Manchester again - she's facing everything that happened, and most young girls just wouldn't.

• Heart

Lilykins

VIP Member
This is the bit I struggle with the most, if gay pride made her her (because she is gay), wouldn’t she be out and proud regardless of what it meant for her career? Otherwise it’s really hypocritical isn’t it?
Especially as she has quite a few friends who are out and proud. I personally think if she did come out she has reached a level of her career where I don’t think it would effect it much. But I’m not gay or American so I don’t want to speak out of turn. But gay pop stars I don’t think are a big deal here in the UK. Why go to al these levels to hide it?! And it involves all her family and friends in a charade as well.... it’s a lot to keep up if that is the case. I don’t see at this point why she would. What’s in it for her to have a beard?! She has proven she can keep a low profile if she wants to.

Last edited:

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Over on TikTok there is a fantastic remix of All Too Well x Champagne Problems, it’s beautifully haunting.

evermore is actually a really good album, after a few listens I’m into it fully, a lot more than I was with folklore.

When I originally started listening it was all about champagne problems and no body, no crime as everyone loved them. Now they’re still great but my favourites are long story short, gold rush, ivy and tis the damn season, tolerate it is also up there. It’s an exquisite storytelling album, I know some want pop Taylor back but this music keeps getting better with every listen.

ETA - I do find it really disrespectful, especially on TikTok the constant speculation about her being gay. It’s verging on ludicrous now, she’s such a LGBT ally and spokesperson I’m sure she would have no problem saying it to the media. People need to let that one go.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I haven’t stopped listening to this album...... 😐
I honestly love it.

I downloaded another new release I’d been waiting for the week after and I haven’t played it once 😆

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
She needs to just stop with ripping off fans, and those awful lyrics. One of the "features" of those 4 album versions is blank pages for a journal..

Got some cheek telling other people to calm down.

Just release the album and get over this terrible era.

-----

Pasted from another forum, but says it far better than I could about this mess.

The production is actually great, but the lyrics may be some of her worst and the dissonance is just shocking at this point.

Her telling anyone to calm down is... a lot after the last era, let alone that in this very song, she not over the Kimye incident and makes a reference to the snake thing. Her trying to place her being exposed as a liar on the same stage as homophobic bigots attacking gay people... while calling their bigotry "shade"...

And to then try and wrap it all up in some empty feminist mention of all the girls and their crowns and haters who compare them, when a signifiant part of her carer has been about feuding with other women over ridiculous things?

Everything about her now just feels so unearned. She silenced any criticism aimed at her with literal legal documents and threw an album's worth of a temper tantrum over not being allowed to control the narrative, but now it's all peace, unicorns, sunshine and serenity because she's decided so? And this narrative should be accepted without pushback because she'll throw a stack at some gay charities?

It's just wild that someone who was arguably a voice of her generation barely entering their 20s could become absolutely artistically bankrupt a decade later.

Last edited:
  • Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
It took me a long time to get into folklore so I’m imagining the same will happen with evermore.

I’m the type who is still obsessed with Enchanted, Last Kiss and Haunted though - 1989, Reputation and Lover were by far my favourite albums by her and I find the slowed down stuff that folklore and evermore are, a lot more mature in terms of sound and obviously following her growing up and being this person.

So far I love willow, no body no crime (as it’s probably the one I relate back to my favourite type of albums) and champagne problems. I still keep wishing for another pop, synth based Taylor/Jack Antonoff collaboration for me. No song, will ever ever beat Cruel Summer/Dress/So It Goes../You Are In Love for me.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I hope Taylor is happy with whoever she's with. I don't think she's had an easy time in the music industry. I know a lot of people, including myself, used to see her as someone who'd drag 'poor, innocent' men in her songs (early teenage internalised misogyny) but then grew up and realised that if men have one thing, its the audacity and they probably did all treat her like shit 😂. I've always loved her music but now I love her as a person and hope she's content. Of course she isn't perfect but I think the way she's been treated in the industry is horrible and I'm glad a lot of the people, especially girls, who used to drag her are now embracing her.
Yes, I can't imagine it how it must have felt to be so hated for writing songs about men and a normal dating life for someone in their 20s. As she said in an interview, Ed Sheeran writes the same types of songs and no one slut shames him for it. I am glad people are recognising her for the talent songwriter she is. I thought it was interesting in Miss Americana, where she acknowledged that is she wasn't a good songwriter, she wouldn't be famous.

openbook1

VIP Member
I am halfway through the new album and eh...its okay but feels very long and not in a good way. So far I think I prefer Folklore but I guess it's just first listen. I recall loving Folklore instantly. Plus it's almost midnight so maybe I am just tired. Will have a proper listen in the morning. Can't wait to see peolsls thoughts.

openbook1

VIP Member
Got evermore on repeat still. I absolutely love Tis The Damn Season and think it's underrated.

It’s the little laughs I’m wondering about on Hey Stephen. I can’t wait to hear how she does those on the re-recording! Especially the ‘would they write a song for you?’ one!
The best day is my favourite from Fearless. Its so wholesome.

I am so excited. I cant wait for her to do Speak Now too.

All Too Well is by far the best song she's ever written. That bridge, happy relationship of 13 years but I feel it every single time.
Yes there are some quirks to songs (laugh in hey Stephen) that I am looking forward to hearing how she does.

I bet The Best Day was emotional for her to rerecord given her mum has breast/brain cancer.

I am very interested about what she will do about Better Than Revenge. An absolute bop with some genius lyrics. I know she isn't a fan of it though and regrets the "slut shaming" aspect.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
Forgot to say in my last post but the one thing I hated was the Kanye reference 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
He’s featured now on FOUR albums. Half her discography, let it gooooo Taylor.

(It’s in Peace, she says “fools you the east, clowns to the West” and the lyrics have a capital W, but east is lowercase)
ahahhaah, she is smart though.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Guys the documentary is GOOD.

No doubt it’s been very carefully crafted to put across a specific narrative so I take it all with a pinch of salt but even so.. it’s good.

So interesting to hear how the songs on Lover took shape, and why the Kanye West thing had such a massive impact on her and why it all came out on Reputation the way it did.

Also interesting to hear her observations of public scrutiny - thinking of parallels with how some influencers live their lives online and there’s a “mistake” causing a fall from grace: “When you’re living for the approval of strangers and that is where you derive all your joy and fulfilment one bad thing can cause everything to crumble.”

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
Did anyone read her latest long public letter about Scooter Braun buying her back catalogue. I think its awful that Scooter Braun (who she hates) now owns her back catalogue and that she was never given the option to own songs that she wrote.

I remember reading a few years back how Michael Jackson bought the beatles songs.

I just dont get why she had to bring up Kim and Kanye again in this she was hardly an innocent party in that drama. (The second time around)

I will admit im not her biggest fan because I feel that she loves to play the victim but she should own songs that she has written.

Reactions: 7

slugella

VIP Member
My bf literally just got me the folklore album and now she has another coming! folklore has been my favourite of her albums I think, so I'm super excited for this! man she has been productive this year haha.

• Heart

Wildest_Dreams

Everybody in the industry knows that her and Joe are a PR relationship. She swings the other way. I would be very surprised if she takes Joe down the aisle.

• Wow

rememberwayne

VIP Member
I do not believe the tea that she is a lesbian personally, I think she is straight, not that it matters either way.