Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Apparently, Taylor is due to announce her engagement to Joe shortly.
They would have the prettiest kids. Not that she ever needs to get married or have children but if that's what Taylor want, I'm glad she's been able to find that in Joe. She's dated a lot of gorgeous men but they were clearly not on the same page as her and aren't the type to commit. Guys like Jake G and John M are 40+ now and still unmarried and a lot of people gave Taylor so much BS about how she was crazy and the guys got scared off. But it's clear now that they just aren't the committed type.

Reactions: 9

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Yes "my words shoot to kill when I'm mad." at least she's somewhat self aware.
I think Invisible String is a whimsical imagination. I still think she's deeply closeted (thanks to her Country music beginnings. She wasn't allowed to talk politics for 12 yrs.)and Joe is her beard 😂... There is some questionable photos of him that were floating around and apparently he's on Grinder. Her being gay would make way more sense. Plus Joe needed exposure in the USA, he is a zlist actor at best.
i don’t understand why everyone is obsessed with her sexuality. (not so much here or you btw!) I’ve just never seen it questioned so much.
i do wonder if Joe is William Bowery, didn’t Taylor write on Calvins album under a
pseudonym. So it’s something she’s done before.

openbook1

VIP Member
Taylor is performing at the ACMs for the first time in 7 years. The last time was during the Red era. I can't wait for this. She will be singing Betty. This is quite a big deal especially as she is so publicly anti Trump and pro LGBTQ now as the country music scene and audience is still very much extremely conservative. Will she wear her hair curly and have a sparkly guitar like her early days? Lol. She really is one in a million, not many artists can cross over genres like she has and be so successful at it.

• Heart

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I remember liking Hey Stephen, mostly because I fancied a guy named Stephen at the time.
It’s the little laughs I’m wondering about on Hey Stephen. I can’t wait to hear how she does those on the re-recording! Especially the ‘would they write a song for you?’ one!

• Heart

Astrella

Cannot wait for the live performance of Betty. I became a Taylor fan a with the release of 1989 and her songwriting blows me away. She's one of the few current pop artists who I have a lot of respect for in terms of talent and work ethic.

I've been playing Folklore non-stop since it was released....it's a stunningly beautiful album and her best yet, imho, and Betty is easily one of my favourite tracks.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
What shall we call the next thread? I feel it would be wrong of us not to use some lyrics!
The problem with this is where do you start? She has soooooo many great lyrics. And do you go recent or back catalogue.

She's had a marvellous time ruining everything.
She's come back stronger than a 90s trend.
No one likes a mad woman.
It's a love story? or is it all PR?
I think I've seen this film (and heard this upcoming album) before.

Apologies, they are all shit. 😂

Reactions: 8

kachoochoo

VIP Member
oh, I feel so guilty when I stream the older albums! 🙈

but then I remind myself that both taylor and scooter have hundreds of millions of dollars, so it's a drop in the ocean.

HOWEVER, I will be so pleased when the re-recordings are complete and scooter braun will not be getting any fractions of pennies from me 😁

getawaywithit

VIP Member
No, originally before Scott Borchetta sold them to Scooter, Taylor asked to buy her masters back as she knew they were going to get sold and she was told no.
No, that’s not true either.

Basically, Taylor Swift was the star of Borchetta’s label (Big Machine) and her Masters were the biggest asset the label had. When Taylor’s contract was up, she had a choice— re-sign with Borchetta/Big Machine or go elsewhere.

Now, there would be no real incentive to keep her at Big Machine without that asset they had... owning the master recordings. To say “oh sure take the recordings and off you go to make money for a new label” doesn’t make any real sense for the label. They’ve invested in Taylor for 10 years and the master recordings are the payoff of that investment. And if Taylor wanted to leave, they still wanted to asset so that without their biggest moneymaker, they had something to sell. They also want to make it difficult for an artist to simply purchase them because again, they want that bargaining chip.

So, she was offered a deal— sign with Big Machine for a number of years and for each new album you make, you will own another one of your albums. (So, having since put out two albums, she’d have earned back her first two). Taylor declined, and she wrote Borchetta and said she wanted to move forward, she understood that meant losing her masters, but she’d prefer to keep moving with another label. Borchetta promised things would stay amicable.

Things blew up when Borchetta sold the label which included Swift’s masters to Scooter Braun. Taylor’s claim here seems to only be that they were sold to Braun, because she hates him, and she counts this as a betrayal. More broadly, she also seems to argue that artists should have more opportunities to buy the masters, which is fair enough,

A note— Taylor still has legal ownership over her songs (she owns copyright, etc). Master recordings are another element of the way you can own a recording as an asset. She has also never owned her masters... just for all the people who claim they were stolen from her or whatever.

openbook1

VIP Member
Love what she wrote

Poor her. Shamrock Holdings is owned by the Disney family which is interesting. It seems odd for them to buy when Taylor has SO publicly said she wouldn't work with Scooter and is re-recording her masters... Since Shamrock weren't allowed to talk to Taylor first, I wonder did Scooter fob them off and tell them she would work with them (if he's at a distance, not the direct owner). Yikes. Seems he fucked them over. It is really gross that he tried to silence her with the NDA. Talk about bribery.

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
'muzzle' seems a bit extreme
He told her that he would only enter negotiations with her if she signed an NDA about what was discussed between them and a clause that she could never speak ill of him again. I consider that a bit extreme, honestly.

Yel

Chatty Member
It sounds lika a B sides album, can't say I'm in a rush to play it again. Nme gave it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🤷‍♀️

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Anyone else listening to ‘tis the damn season on repeat, imagining they’re going home for the holidays like in an American rom-com and bumping into their high school sweetheart?

Or is that just me?

• Heart

disneys

VIP Member
Maybe this is just my naivety, but if it is true, why wouldn’t she just come out?
exactly . she did a song about LGBT rights didn’t she ? seems very strange to do that but then lie about your sexuality .. I don’t think she’s gay if I’m being honest

newtoyou

VIP Member
All too well is a bloody masterpiece. And deserves all the recognition.
And I would say Jake G is an idiot but we all got an amazing song out of it.

Did anyone see he posted a pic a few weeks back of when he was little with glasses. And all the comments were just 'you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin sized bed'
I feel sorry for Maggie G and the constant “WHERE’S HER SCARF?!!!” questions 😂

• Haha

openbook1

VIP Member
Had The Other Side of The Door on and it's criminally underrated. As is Untouchable. It blows my mind how talented of a songwriter she is. A real rarity.
I am soooo excited about the re-recording. Something to look forward to amongst all the covid chaos 😭😁

Also can we talk about how Taylor has remained pretty much scandal free...no public breakdown, drugs, sex scandal etc. I think that is a sign of her support system. Her parents seem decent, her childhood friends and to some extent Big Machine Records. I know sadly she and Borchetta had a sad ending but she mentioned at one point how he was like family. Not sure if others knows this but very early in her career, she also lived with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill for a while and they took care of her. I read it in an interview with her years ago that took place at their home. I also think the fact her remaining band members and backup singers have been with her for years, some since the beginning speaks volumes. She seems like she would treat her staff well

I imagine too Taylor has seen some horrible stuff in the music industry. I hope whenever she retires from performing and writes songs for others, she will write a big tell all book about growing up in the music industry. I bet she has some stories.

Last edited:

Yel

Chatty Member
The swifties have hated this new Joe from the start calling him girly and unattractive. But I recon in a few years he'll have a new hairstyle and hit the gym and they'll all change their tune. Then call him a mansion with a view and fly like a jet stream 😆

I don't think Joe is going to get caught out having a rub and tug in weho while dating her.
2C4214EA00000578-0-image-a-55_1442187163544.jpg

• Haha