Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

happyforest

Chatty Member
She is polarizing.

I watched the documentary last night. It was decent. Not the best I've seen, but interesting. I always felt it's unfair that she is judged for being calculating and shrewd. All good business people are, and she is definitely a business. She is less "artist" than corporation. She has planned everything and has stumbled when faced with things she couldn't plan out (looking at you IMMALETYOUFINISH Kanye). I can't hate her for being ambitious. My only point of contention with her is the, IMO, fake sweetness. She is owning her gumption more and more, but I wish she'd leap frog and just admit that most of the smarts behind how she got where she is has been down to her own plans and machinations. All the fake "OMG ME?" whenever she'd win awards was so grating.

I don't think she was treated fairly when she dated what it in essence is a normal amount of people, and so what if she made songs about her experiences. Every song writer has done so since the beginning of time. She is shrewd and comes across a bit more likable to me than say, Beyonce, who is also a mad control freak architect of everything in her life, but seems so far up her own ass in snobbery as to negate her brilliance. (I love Beyonce, but she makes me eye roll so hard at times. However, she doesn't come across as thin-skinned as Taylor.) Taylor is an extremist. She over corrected from being the butt of jokes over dating too much, to only surrounding herself with friends, and that back fired too. I can see how it would all make her feel like the world was against her, because the reality is that the masses build people up just to tear them down. We see it time and again across all spectrums.

I liked when she talked about weight and how if you get too thin, then the booty is gone, so no matter what you can't win. That eating and feeling strong is important. Girls need to hear that.

I liked that Joe didn't play a huge part in the documentary. That she's keeping that kind of low key. She comes across as mature, but also quite immature in many ways. She's undeniably talented as a song writer, and watching the process of how a song is born was fascinating.

She is a privileged, middle class, white girl that is talented and has mapped what is an impressive career from beginning to now. I think her true talent is the writing. Her lyrics are really superior to Madonna's, for example. She has come across as a whiny victim many times; hopefully that behavior will lessen now that she's entering her 30s. The Only The Young song felt really flat to me, particularly considering the subject. She could have done much better. JMO.

I'm so glad Taylor came out with a political stance. No matter how you vote, getting people to actually take the action is important. So good on her for that. It's terribly sad what their family is going through, with her mother's illness. My sister has terminal cancer and the absolute nightmare horror of watching someone close to you go through cancer, its treatment and side effects, well there are really no words to express the pure horror of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

newtoyou

VIP Member
Listening to fearless.

“it’s 2am feeling like I just lost a friend”
“You could write a book on how to ruin someone’s perfect day”

Her talent at that age was amazing. It’s of course very teenager-y but some artists aren’t that good at twice that age.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
The best day is my favourite from Fearless. Its so wholesome.

I am so excited. I cant wait for her to do Speak Now too.

All Too Well is by far the best song she's ever written. That bridge, happy relationship of 13 years but I feel it every single time.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
the lyric video's great, the visual on spotify's great, the new version's great. she's played it so well. I first loved her for love story and I think many thousands of people did too. this is a perfect start to the re-recordings ❤

fuck scooter braun 🖕

• Heart

Basketweaver

I've had Evermore on non stop since she released it.

My appreciation for Taylor has been latecoming. On the whole I find her a phenomenal talent and amazing writer. The songs just seem to pour out of her.

The poignancy of folklore will always be irrevocably tied up with the sadness of 2020 and my absolute favourite songs on that album are Epiphany (Just hauntingly perfect) and This is Me Trying...special commendation also for My tears ricochet and the last great American dynasty.. I like that it's whimsical and irreverent too however, coexisting alongside aforesaid poignancy.

Evermore is just as gorgeous if not slightly more so dare I say.. ... Coney Island with the National just takes my breath away as does Tolerate this and the sage wisdom infused in Happiness. Tis the Damm Season... Amazing..

In short, these albums have sustained me through all this covid sh*t, I hope she wins all the accolades for them..she certainly deserves them.

Last edited:

NightCircus

Really pleased for Taylor winning at the American Music Awards. Folklore is a stunning album and it's really helped get me through the last few months.

I do feel bad for her about her masters though. Why wasn't she offered even a chance to buy them back? I don't get that.

kachoochoo

VIP Member

A TWENTY SIX TRACK FEARLESS!!!

if we get extras for each album, does this mean well get the 12 minute all too well? 😲 (if indeed it does exist) :LOL:

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
In my head Folklore Taylor and reputation Taylor are almost separate artists at this stage. She’s grown so much as a vocalist and on a human level that she doesn’t seem like the person she was then. I find reputation to be a very bitter album.

Reactions: 9

fiffle-faffle

I’m definitely in a minority I prefer Lover to Folklore and Evermore 😭😭 I’ll see myself out
I quite like Lover - I'm not a massive fan of 1989.

I'm loving this thread by the way - it's refreshing being able to appreciate Taylor's music with likeminded people. None of my friends get it!

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
This album is an absolute dream and everything I have wanted from Taylor. It really showcases her amazing storytelling, and the songs really suit her voice. Beautiful and so relaxing. I think the quality of writing is way better than Lover and Repuation.

The 1 A really nice mellow song. Love the flow of her voice in it. 5/5.
Favourite lyrics: "
We never painted by the numbers, baby
But we were making it count
You know the greatest loves of all time are over now"

Cardigan:

5/5. Love the bridge, it is classic Taylor.
Favourite lyrics:
"To kiss in cars and downtown bars
Was all we needed
You drew stars around my scars
But now I'm bleedin'"

The last great american dynasty. 5/5
One of my favourites. The storytelling I love about Taylor's music. It tells the story of the previous owner of her Rhode Island house. It gives me Lana Del Rey vibes.
Favourite lyrics:
"The wedding was charming if a little gauche
There's only so far new money goes" (reminds me of Speak Now)

"Holiday House sat quietly on that beach
Free of women with madness, their men and bad habits
And then it was bought by me."

Exile: 3.5/5
I never really like Taylor's duets. Bon Iver's voice is really nice. This gives me The Last Time vibes.

Favourite lyrics:
"I can see you starin', honey
Like he's just your understudy
Like you'd get your knuckles bloody for me"

My tears ricochet.
4/5
Seems like a grower. Really quite sad. I think it about what happened with Scott Borchetta and Scooter.

Favourite lyrics:
"And if I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes, too."

"You know I didn't want to have to haunt you
But what a ghostly scene
You wear the same jewels that I gave you
As you bury me."

"And I can go anywhere I want
Anywhere I want, just not home
And you can aim for my heart, go for blood
But you would still miss me in your bones
And I still talk to you (When I'm screaming at the sky)
And when you can't sleep at night (You hear my stolen lullabies)."

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace
And so the battleships will sink beneath the waves
You had to kill me, but it killed you just the same."

Mirrorball. 5/5.

Another favourite of mine. She shows self-awareness. People were saying she doesn't have long left in her career but she always manages to pivot and do something different. Love the musical arrangement too and the delivery of the chorus.

Favourite lyrics:
"Hush, when no one is around, my dear
You'll find me on my tallest tiptoes
Spinning in my highest heels, love
Shining just for you
Hush, I know they said the end is near
But I'm still on my tallest tiptoes
Spinning in my highest heels, love
Shining just for you."

"I'm still a believer, but I don't know why
I've never been a natural, all I do is try, try, try
I'm still on that trapeze
I'm still trying everything to keep you looking at me."

Seven. 5/5.
This feels like a follow up to It's Nice To Have a Friend. Really nice and nostalgic. Some lgbtq people are finding it very relatable.

Favourite lyrics:
"Your braids like a pattern
Love you to the Moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs
The love lasts so long."

"And I think you should come live with me
And we can be pirates
Then you won't have to cry
Or hide in the closet."

August. 4/5.
Love love love. Another great bridge.

Favourite lyrics:
"Back when we were still changin' for the better
Wanting was enough
For me, it was enough
To live for the hope of it all."

This is me trying. 5/5.

Favourite lyrics:
"They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential
And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad
I have a lot of regrets about that."

"It's hard to be anywhere these days when all I want is you
You're a flashback in a film reel on the one screen in my town."

Illicit Affair. 5/5.

Favourite lyrics:
"Don't call me "kid," don't call me "baby"
Look at this idiotic fool that you made me
You taught me a secret language I can't speak with anyone else
And you know damn well
For you, I would ruin myself
A million little times."

Invisible String. 4/5
Feels like a throwback to Fearless days.

Favourite lyrics:
"A string that pulled me
Out of all the wrong arms, right into that dive bar
Something wrapped all of my past mistakes in barbed wire
Chains around my demons
Wool to brave the seasons
One single thread of gold
Tied me to you."

Mad Woman. 5/5
Another one about Borchetta and Scooter, I think. How they basically gaslighted her and made her look mad.

Favourite lyrics:
"What did you think I'd say to that?
Does a scorpion sting when fighting back?
They strike to kill, and you know I will."

"And you'll poke that bear 'til her claws come out."

"Now I breathe flames each time I talk
My cannons all firin' at your yacht
They say "move on," but you know I won't
And women like hunting witches too
Doing your dirtiest work for you
It's obvious that wanting me dead
Has really brought you two together."

Epiphany. 4/5

So sad. I said how I think it is about war and the second verse about the pandemic situation. The ending sounds like a heart rate monitor at the hospital.

Betty. 5/5
Yeehaw. Back to the country roots.

Favourite lyrics:
"Those days turned into nights
Slept next to her, but
I dreamt of you all summer long."

Peace. 5/5.

Favourite lyrics:
"But I'm a fire and I'll keep your brittle heart warm
If your cascade, ocean wave blues come
All these people think love's for show
But I would die for you in secret."

"But there's robbers to the east, clowns to the west
I'd give you my sunshine, give you my best
But the rain is always gonna come if you're standin' with me."

Hoax. 3.5/5

Favourite lyrics:
"My only one
My kingdom come undone
My broken drum
You have beaten my heart."

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Genuinely sick of the narrative about her sexuality and past boyfriends/girlfriends.

She’s 31 years old 😂 it’s all so teenage-ish.

ive started to listen to evermore again now Christmas/New Years is over,
I really didn’t give it much of a chance (and I loved folklore) but I’m really enjoying it now!

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The swifties have hated this new Joe from the start calling him girly and unattractive. But I recon in a few years he'll have a new hairstyle and hit the gym and they'll all change their tune. Then call him a mansion with a view and fly like a jet stream 😆

I don't think Joe is going to get caught out having a rub and tug in weho while dating her.
View attachment 236454
oh my lord you are coming through with the shit I forgot 😆😆
Joe is a good looking boy! I just think he tries so hard to be “Shakespeare“ when he’s really just “Netflix free trial” 😐

• Haha

openbook1

VIP Member
Don’t have that much to say about love story tbh because we’d already heard the new version snippet in that Ryan Reynolds advert. You can tell she’s really tried to get it exact but it is missing the whimsy of her teenage voice I guess. Still excited for the whole album though. Hope there’s a few little changes in there.

What order do we think she’ll release the rest in and do we think anything will be changed?

Here’s my predictions on order:

Fearless - no changes

Speak now - Im buying into the July 9th theory. Possible change to better than revenge mattress line? Something in “long live” to shoutout the fans & how they’ve supported her recently (Scooter is the dragon in that song now lol)?

Taylor Swift - no change

1989 - I want extra tracks!

reputation - no changes

RED - I think she’ll leave it until last cos it’s the fan fav. Possible 10 min version of ATW as a bonus track to shut people up 😂
I know she can't re record Rep until the end of 2022 so will be a while off. Crazy that it will be 5 years old then!

I like that she's using her original band for the Fearless and Love Story re-recording.

Chateau Marmont

Still loving Folklore so much. I need to buy a record player again so I can listen to the vinyl copy of it I bought myself for Christmas. I don't feel like I will ever bore of this record. It really is absolutely stunning.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
She can re-record the songs 😬
See I like Taylor, I honestly do, but I think she bends the truth to suit her victim narrative.
I don’t believe she didn’t know about this prior to the news breaking to the public.
I’d say she absolutely knew it was happening.
I don’t agree with what they’ve done obviously but I also don’t agree with how she’s come out guns blazing and made out she’s was the victim of this big Machine that chewed her up and spat her out with nothing.
I need details before I’m judging either side (on the business side at least!)
I don’t like scooter, I do think he’s trash, but Taylor isn’t always known for telling the truth without a twist.
I just think there’s something more to this.
I also think she might have more credibility if this wasn’t the latest in a long list of feuds. 🙄
I will say straight after the “you need to calm down” release and controversy.
It’s good publicity for lover. 😐

openbook1

VIP Member
I must admit, I don’t usually follow his activity but that one about North today just seemed too much?
The man needs help. He is bipolar and clearly off his meds again. Not long ago, he was at an event and went on a rant about how they almost aborted North - he tried to convince Kim. He is awful when off his meds. There is talk that he and Kim don't even live together as he is too dangerous to be around the kids in these situations.

• Sad
  • Wow

Em28_

Chatty Member
Not to be completely insane because I know Fearless has literally just been announced and won’t be released fully until April but I think we’ll have Speak Now in July.

July 9th (aka Last Kiss day) is a Friday and I can just see it happening that day.

Anyway, the new version of Love Story is beautiful and it makes me feel so incredibly nostalgic. I think we’re going to get songs like I’d Lie, Dark Blue Tennessee (wasn’t it originally going to be track 5?), maybe Permanent Marker. I’m so excited to hear them all.