Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Over on TikTok there is a fantastic remix of All Too Well x Champagne Problems, it’s beautifully haunting.

evermore is actually a really good album, after a few listens I’m into it fully, a lot more than I was with folklore.

When I originally started listening it was all about champagne problems and no body, no crime as everyone loved them. Now they’re still great but my favourites are long story short, gold rush, ivy and tis the damn season, tolerate it is also up there. It’s an exquisite storytelling album, I know some want pop Taylor back but this music keeps getting better with every listen.

ETA - I do find it really disrespectful, especially on TikTok the constant speculation about her being gay. It’s verging on ludicrous now, she’s such a LGBT ally and spokesperson I’m sure she would have no problem saying it to the media. People need to let that one go.
I actually think I prefer this album to Folklore... I didn't like it at first but now that I am into it, it is one of my favs. Tis The Damn Season is on repeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just discovered this thread!!! I haven’t really become a fan of her newer stuff (folklore/evermore) but maybe I need to give it more of a listen.

I’m still obsessed with her older stuff. Have fearless, speak now and red on repeat a lot of the time

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I actually think I prefer this album to Folklore... I didn't like it at first but now that I am into it, it is one of my favs. Tis The Damn Season is on repeat.
I am the same!! I feel evermore has gripped me more and there are more songs that stand out to me and early on. I love both but I can’t stop listening to evermore!

Reactions: 1
Over on TikTok there is a fantastic remix of All Too Well x Champagne Problems, it’s beautifully haunting.

evermore is actually a really good album, after a few listens I’m into it fully, a lot more than I was with folklore.

When I originally started listening it was all about champagne problems and no body, no crime as everyone loved them. Now they’re still great but my favourites are long story short, gold rush, ivy and tis the damn season, tolerate it is also up there. It’s an exquisite storytelling album, I know some want pop Taylor back but this music keeps getting better with every listen.

ETA - I do find it really disrespectful, especially on TikTok the constant speculation about her being gay. It’s verging on ludicrous now, she’s such a LGBT ally and spokesperson I’m sure she would have no problem saying it to the media. People need to let that one go.
I have heard it its beautiful !! Works so well.

And completely agree with you, she would come out if she wanted to. There's so many rumors about her and karly kloss but that's all they are rumours unless she says otherwise.

Also Karlie kloss being married for a couple of years and now pregnant... what more can she do to make it clear they aren’t together! I don’t know why you would go through all that to cover up a relationship.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else listening to ‘tis the damn season on repeat, imagining they’re going home for the holidays like in an American rom-com and bumping into their high school sweetheart?

Or is that just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone else listening to ‘tis the damn season on repeat, imagining they’re going home for the holidays like in an American rom-com and bumping into their high school sweetheart?

Or is that just me?
ahahahah, it is totally like a Hallmark movie.

She released the two bonus tracks. I can't stop listening to Right Where You Left Me.

Reactions: 4
She released the two bonus tracks. I can't stop listening to Right Where You Left Me.
I’m not too keen on the bonus tracks this time. I loved the lakes but these haven’t captured me. I listened to them when people ripped them from the cd a few weeks ago, but didn’t listen to them again until this week

I’m not too keen on the bonus tracks this time. I loved the lakes but these haven’t captured me. I listened to them when people ripped them from the cd a few weeks ago, but didn’t listen to them again until this week
The Lakes is BEAUTIFUL. One of my favourite songs.

• Heart
I love The Lakes!!! I got folklore on cd for Christmas and I’m really enjoying discovering this song as I hadn’t listened to it before as I wanted to wait - and it’s easily one of my fave from the album.

I want to get evermore too so I can hear the bonus songs so I’m going to resist listening to them online.

• Heart
I love The Lakes!!! I got folklore on cd for Christmas and I’m really enjoying discovering this song as I hadn’t listened to it before as I wanted to wait - and it’s easily one of my fave from the album.

I want to get evermore too so I can hear the bonus songs so I’m going to resist listening to them online.
Her lyricism these two albums have been outstanding and on par with the earlier Taylor albums I adored (Speak Now/Red). Also, her singing voice has improved so much. I love that she is using her lower register more.

Reactions: 6
Her lyricism these two albums have been outstanding and on par with the earlier Taylor albums I adored (Speak Now/Red). Also, her singing voice has improved so much. I love that she is using her lower register more.
Agree - these albums have struck me and stuck with me since i first listen to them and I keep on discovering little bits of melody and musicality that I didn’t on first listen which I love! I haven’t been this engrossed by a Taylor album since those earlier ones, not that I didn’t love 1989 and reputation , but I feel these new ones are so much more both musically, conceptually and lyrically!

I love when she goes into her lower register right at the end of Willow :love:

Reactions: 5
I'm 41 and I looove Taylor. I think she's incredible in every way. I've read every post in this thread today, lol.:sleep:

Prior to the Red singles (I particularly loved trouble) I just assumed she was a generic country pop princess and she wasn't on my radar. But I liked her style (and the fact that she was gorgeous and sexy but without needing to be half naked or dance like a stripper) and her songs were both catchy and clever, (even 'we are never', which at first listen comes across as fun but vacuous pop, but it's genius).

As this thread goes back years there were some, as expected, comments about her being a bit whiny etc and LWYMMD being awful, criticism of Reputation, disappointment that Kanye references were made in so many albums, the documentary being a bit staged etc.

I think that none of us can REALLY understand what she went through in 2016. The cancel culture is sickening (albeit warranted in some cases of genuinely atrocious behaviour (Trump being a fine example)), but Taylor's life got turned upside down and she was entirely innocent. At worst, she was guilty of maybe not telling Kanye where to go in the first place. And guilty for complaining about it, because nobody likes a woman who whines. On the leaked footage you can tell she's very uneasy with the whole phonecall. She knew well that he was top level narcissist and she was guarded. Not guarded enough though, admittedly. They tried to RUIN her. Calvin too (he's very unsavory, isn't he?). She got death threats. She had been on top of the world at that stage. And people just assumed she was the one lying. Even years later.

So I get why she released Reputation. She was scarred and really bleeping angry about it. The fact that she came back at all is brave af. I actually love the album AND LWYMMD. I love that it's dark, bitter and feminist, but actually under all that, it's a love album. Her performance of I did something bad on the rep tour is like musical theatre. Fantastic. I even like End Game.

Me! is awful, but it sounded much better in the documentary and I get why she kinda ran with it. It was the anthesis to Reputation.

I love many of the songs on Lover but it had a level of disappointment for me because it wasn't quite the album I knew she should and could make. We just needed a global pandemic for that...

I particularly resonate with her because I can be reactive and my own worst enemy at times. If I'm pissed off I literally don't have it in me to go with grace, so MTR totally strikes a chord in that way. Afterglow is me too. Particularly with PMT.

I think Evermore might just pop Folklore for excellence. Both stunning albums. Imo her best ever lyric is on champagne problems. I believe she has found proper love with Joe. The end of the video for Willow, where they walk out of the barn(?) makes me think they are definitely married. I don't know what happened with Karlie but I don't think she's gay. Bi possibly. I think Gold rush is about her and it's not a complimentary song.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm 41 and I looove Taylor. I think she's incredible in every way. I've read every post in this thread today, lol.:sleep:

Prior to the Red singles (I particularly loved trouble) I just assumed she was a generic country pop princess and she wasn't on my radar. But I liked her style (and the fact that she was gorgeous and sexy but without needing to be half naked or dance like a stripper) and her songs were both catchy and clever, (even 'we are never', which at first listen comes across as fun but vacuous pop, but it's genius).

As this thread goes back years there were some, as expected, comments about her being a bit whiny etc and LWYMMD being awful, criticism of Reputation, disappointment that Kanye references were made in so many albums, the documentary being a bit staged etc.

I think that none of us can REALLY understand what she went through in 2016. The cancel culture is sickening (albeit warranted in some cases of genuinely atrocious behaviour (Trump being a fine example)), but Taylor's life got turned upside down and she was entirely innocent. At worst, she was guilty of maybe not telling Kanye where to go in the first place. And guilty for complaining about it, because nobody likes a woman who whines. On the leaked footage you can tell she's very uneasy with the whole phonecall. She knew well that he was top level narcissist and she was guarded. Not guarded enough though, admittedly. They tried to RUIN her. Calvin too (he's very unsavory, isn't he?). She got death threats. She had been on top of the world at that stage. And people just assumed she was the one lying. Even years later.

So I get why she released Reputation. She was scarred and really bleeping angry about it. The fact that she came back at all is brave af. I actually love the album AND LWYMMD. I love that it's dark, bitter and feminist, but actually under all that, it's a love album. Her performance of I did something bad on the rep tour is like musical theatre. Fantastic. I even like End Game.

Me! is awful, but it sounded much better in the documentary and I get why she kinda ran with it. It was the anthesis to Reputation.

I love many of the songs on Lover but it had a level of disappointment for me because it wasn't quite the album I knew she should and could make. We just needed a global pandemic for that...

I particularly resonate with her because I can be reactive and my own worst enemy at times. If I'm pissed off I literally don't have it in me to go with grace, so MTR totally strikes a chord in that way. Afterglow is me too. Particularly with PMT.

I think Evermore might just pop Folklore for excellence. Both stunning albums. Imo her best ever lyric is on champagne problems. I believe she has found proper love with Joe. The end of the video for Willow, where they walk out of the barn(?) makes me think they are definitely married. I don't know what happened with Karlie but I don't think she's gay. Bi possibly. I think Gold rush is about her and it's not a complimentary song.
Yes Gold Rush is definitely about Karlie, I think. It sounds like it is being sung about a female and the beat catches a catwalk beat.

I kinda like that Taylor sings about being reactive and having regrets etc about it, as I am like that too. Definitely my own worse enemy at times.

I wouldn't be surprised if she married Joe in secret. I don't blame her.

Yes Gold Rush is definitely about Karlie, I think. It sounds like it is being sung about a female and the beat catches a catwalk beat.

I kinda like that Taylor sings about being reactive and having regrets etc about it, as I am like that too. Definitely my own worse enemy at times.

I wouldn't be surprised if she married Joe in secret. I don't blame her.
Coincidence?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Genuinely sick of the narrative about her sexuality and past boyfriends/girlfriends.

She’s 31 years old 😂 it’s all so teenage-ish.

ive started to listen to evermore again now Christmas/New Years is over,
I really didn’t give it much of a chance (and I loved folklore) but I’m really enjoying it now!

Reactions: 9
I've had Evermore on non stop since she released it.

My appreciation for Taylor has been latecoming. On the whole I find her a phenomenal talent and amazing writer. The songs just seem to pour out of her.

The poignancy of folklore will always be irrevocably tied up with the sadness of 2020 and my absolute favourite songs on that album are Epiphany (Just hauntingly perfect) and This is Me Trying...special commendation also for My tears ricochet and the last great American dynasty.. I like that it's whimsical and irreverent too however, coexisting alongside aforesaid poignancy.

Evermore is just as gorgeous if not slightly more so dare I say.. ... Coney Island with the National just takes my breath away as does Tolerate this and the sage wisdom infused in Happiness. Tis the Damm Season... Amazing..

In short, these albums have sustained me through all this covid sh*t, I hope she wins all the accolades for them..she certainly deserves them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.