Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had evermore on non stop since she released it. My appreciation for Taylor has been latecoming. On the whole I fgjnd her a phenomenal talent. The poignancy of folklore is irrevocably tied up with the sadness of 2020...my all time favourite songs on that album are epiphany.. Judy hauntingly perfect and this is me trying... I like that it's whimsical and irreverent too however. Evermore is just as gorgeous... Coney Island takes my breath away as does tolerate this and the sage wisdom infused in happiness... These albums have sustained me through all this covid sh*t, I hope ddhe wins all the accolades for them..
If you're late to Taylor you might not get all the references to her exes/older songs in Coney Island. There are loads.

The podium bit is Calvin (she didn't mention him in grammy speech, hah!, and the too polite to leave me), the birthday cake is Jake Gyllenhaal (didn't show up to her 21st), accident is Harry Styles (they reportedly had a snow mobile accident (also referenced in out of the woods) as is the rogue who coaxed you into paradise bit I think, blue skies to grey is John Mayer (dear John). I think the song is basically saying "these events were such a big deal to me back then but it feels like such a non event now, sorry if I acted badly, meh, I don't care any more". I just love the tapestries she weaves. She's ridiculously clever.

Reactions: 17
I don't really follow Taylor's relationships/potential secret relationships that closely tbh, I just thought it was a funny coincidence
That's the thing... it's rarely a coincidence with Taylor. She's the ultimate dropper of Easter eggs.

Reactions: 6
I hope Taylor is happy with whoever she's with. I don't think she's had an easy time in the music industry. I know a lot of people, including myself, used to see her as someone who'd drag 'poor, innocent' men in her songs (early teenage internalised misogyny) but then grew up and realised that if men have one thing, its the audacity and they probably did all treat her like tit 😂. I've always loved her music but now I love her as a person and hope she's content. Of course she isn't perfect but I think the way she's been treated in the industry is horrible and I'm glad a lot of the people, especially girls, who used to drag her are now embracing her.

Reactions: 12
I hope Taylor is happy with whoever she's with. I don't think she's had an easy time in the music industry. I know a lot of people, including myself, used to see her as someone who'd drag 'poor, innocent' men in her songs (early teenage internalised misogyny) but then grew up and realised that if men have one thing, its the audacity and they probably did all treat her like tit 😂. I've always loved her music but now I love her as a person and hope she's content. Of course she isn't perfect but I think the way she's been treated in the industry is horrible and I'm glad a lot of the people, especially girls, who used to drag her are now embracing her.
Yes, I can't imagine it how it must have felt to be so hated for writing songs about men and a normal dating life for someone in their 20s. As she said in an interview, Ed Sheeran writes the same types of songs and no one slut shames him for it. I am glad people are recognising her for the talent songwriter she is. I thought it was interesting in Miss Americana, where she acknowledged that is she wasn't a good songwriter, she wouldn't be famous.

Reactions: 8
I never judged her. She is 10 years younger than me and all I thought was that I had been worse at 22 with jumping from man to man. Completely normal at that age. If only I was an amazing songwriter...

I never judged her. She is 10 years younger than me and all I thought was that I had been worse at 22 with jumping from man to man. Completely normal at that age. If only I was an amazing songwriter...
I'm 21 and a lot of girls my age used to dislike her when we were younger for writing brutal songs about the people we were fans of (the 1D fandom in particular weren't her biggest fans). I think our lack of relationship experience, knowledge of how the celebrity world works, and general societal misogyny contributed towards this as well as not wanting to think our beloved celebrity male idols could do anything wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm 21 and a lot of girls my age used to dislike her when we were younger for writing brutal songs about the people we were fans of (the 1D fandom in particular weren't her biggest fans). I think our lack of relationship experience, knowledge of how the celebrity world works, and general societal misogyny contributed towards this as well as not wanting to think our beloved celebrity male idols could do anything wrong.
That's a very mature and honest response for a 21 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been listening to Evermore on repeat for a week now, much like Folklore I hated it on first listen and then fell in love. Both are definitely growers not show-ers!

Reactions: 2
A Daily Mail article about her and joe.
when it comes to Taylor I don’t believe anything is by chance, she’s clever, wonder why she’s staged this.

trying to start marriage/pregnancy rumours?

A Daily Mail article about her and joe.
when it comes to Taylor I don’t believe anything is by chance, she’s clever, wonder why she’s staged this.

trying to start marriage/pregnancy rumours?

Yep, the photos are by a company called Backgrid. They are who celeb PRs call for staged shots. Does Joe have a movie coming out? Often their pap "walks" line up with a release of his... Actually, the Grammy's are coming up and Taylor said he is William Bowery so I wonder if it is for Grammy promo. Paps don't just linger around in London like that... there are stricter laws compared to the USA.

Reactions: 4
Yep, the photos are by a company called Backgrid. They are who celeb PRs call for staged shots. Does Joe have a movie coming out? Often their pap "walks" line up with a release of his... Actually, the Grammy's are coming up and Taylor said he is William Bowery so I wonder if it is for Grammy promo. Paps don't just linger around in London like that... there are stricter laws compared to the USA.
Grammys have been postponed until March I think? She should win best album though, definitely.

Reactions: 1
Could his mum be in their bubble? If not aren't they breaking lockdown rules??
Yeh his mum would have to live alone to be in their bubble. Or theyve moved in with Joes family.

I don’t know much about Joe but I know he has a teenage brother (well he was a teenager when rep came out!) and AFAIK his parents were still together too. I guess that suggests his mum likely doesn’t live alone.

I was today years old when I learnt that Taylor Swift's boyfriend is in fact British (I don't really keep up with actors) 😂😂😂 I thought you were trying to apply our lockdown rules to America for a second there!!

Im hoping that Taylor wasn’t breaking lockdown rules!! I can’t imagine she would.
She was in the states not long ago I’m sure of it, so I wonder when they came to the Uk??

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.