Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My skips:

Taylor Swift - haven’t listened to this album in ages..... so don’t really know which ones I skip, maybe Mary’s Song

Fearless : Hey Stephen (sometimes) Change, That’s the Way I Loved you, The Best Day (if I’m not in the mood for it)

Speak Now : Never Grow Up (too sad)

Red: Stay Stay Stay, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One

1989: How you get the girl ( I can’t fully explain the dislike I have for this song but I can’t actually listen to it - was there no other better song they cut?!), This Love. Used to skip WTNY but it’s grown one me.

Reputation - None (lol and I hated this album at first
!!) I actually think the tour made me love this album more.

Lover - London Boy, Soon You’ll Get Better (too sad), False God, Its Nice to have a Friend, Paper Rings (sometimes), Afterglow (sometimes), Daylight (sometimes)

folklore - mirror ball
I love Welcome To New York, lol. 1989 came out when I moved countries and that song was my soundtrack.

Reactions: 3
I love Welcome To New York, lol. 1989 came out when I moved countries and that song was my soundtrack.
Ah I love that - I can totally see how that song would relate to being new somewhere and feeling supported and excited in that! I just didn’t like the synth at first and the vocal in the chorus but I definitely appreciate it more now!

Reactions: 1
I don't skip any folklore songs they are all great for different moods but blend well together . I wasn't really into her albums until 1989 , loved that and enjoyed reputation. I like all the songs she brought out on that and a few extras.

Lover I didn't bother looking into ill be honest but i love Cornelia Street.

Reactions: 2
I love Evermore tbh. My favs so far are willow, gold rush, no body no crime and long story short <3

Reactions: 3
I love Evermore tbh. My favs so far are willow, gold rush, no body no crime and long story short <3
I listened again while cleaning and it def has grown on me....

My favs right now are:
Champagne Problems
Gold Rush
'Tis The Damn Season
Ivy
Marjorie
Long Story Short

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There seems to be a lot of speculation that Folklore and Evermore are the first two parts of a trilogy. I think it would be very like her to release a trilogy of albums!

• Heart
There seems to be a lot of speculation that Folklore and Evermore are the first two parts of a trilogy. I think it would be very like her to release a trilogy of albums!
Yeh I saw a fan theory that it would come out in April based on numbers.

And she didn’t deny it on Jimmy Kimmel either, she just said “I’m tired”.

The only thing that makes me doubt it is her saying Folklore is spring/summer and evermore is autumn/winter.

I’m very down with this trilogy theory, upon the release of evermore Taylor has referred to it is a “continuation” opposed to a conclusion. She also keeps referring to it as a story, and a story has three parts — beginning, middle and end. Also, three main characters from folklore’s love triangle, it would be fun if each turned out to be from their perspectives.

I do think August, ‘tis the damn season and Dorothea are all linked.

I’m very down with this trilogy theory, upon the release of evermore Taylor has referred to it is a “continuation” opposed to a conclusion. She also keeps referring to it as a story, and a story has three parts — beginning, middle and end. Also, three main characters from folklore’s love triangle, it would be fun if each turned out to be from their perspectives.

I do think August, ‘tis the damn season and Dorothea are all linked.
What makes you think that?

We know betty, August and cardigan are the same story from different sides.

Taylor said there is no continuation of the love triangle in Evermore.
Did you mean to reply to me? As it was the person I quoted who said about it continuing.

I just like hearing peoples theories, there's some wild ones on twitter.

Did you mean to reply to me? As it was the person I quoted who said about it continuing.

I just like hearing peoples theories, there's some wild ones on twitter.
Sorry, I meant to reply to the person that you quoted. I love the theories too.

Ahh, I didn’t know there was no continuation, I hadn’t seen that. ‘Tis The Damn Season just really seemed very girl-from-August to me, like she and James had been together for a weekend near Christmas (“parked between the Methodist and the school that used to be ours”).

I’ll just stay in my little dreamland over here 😂

• Heart
Ahh, I didn’t know there was no continuation, I hadn’t seen that. ‘Tis The Damn Season just really seemed very girl-from-August to me, like she and James had been together for a weekend near Christmas (“parked between the Methodist and the school that used to be ours”).

I’ll just stay in my little dreamland over here 😂
I think she loosely based it on her own experience as a teen. Her old high school has a Methodist Church next it, lol. I saw someone snoop that on Twitter.

Thats true.

I wonder if she will do another pond sessions
Part of me wants to know everything but then I also like all the guessing
I prefer when she doesn't discuss the meaning of songs... then people can relate or interpret them however they want.

I think Champagne Problems really is just a made up story/song. Everything about it just seems like a narrative that fits in the theme and world of these albums.

But I also think that she has this ‘world’ to explain the songs but fundamentally they’re just songs with tropes and turns of phrase she likes and feelings she wants to explore, and she’s just not pretending they all happened to her. So there doesn’t necessarily need to be this mystery solving where it’s like ‘oh this is the girl from August, etc’, because really it’s all just an idea for an evocative song.

Reactions: 6
Over on TikTok there is a fantastic remix of All Too Well x Champagne Problems, it’s beautifully haunting.

evermore is actually a really good album, after a few listens I’m into it fully, a lot more than I was with folklore.

When I originally started listening it was all about champagne problems and no body, no crime as everyone loved them. Now they’re still great but my favourites are long story short, gold rush, ivy and tis the damn season, tolerate it is also up there. It’s an exquisite storytelling album, I know some want pop Taylor back but this music keeps getting better with every listen.

ETA - I do find it really disrespectful, especially on TikTok the constant speculation about her being gay. It’s verging on ludicrous now, she’s such a LGBT ally and spokesperson I’m sure she would have no problem saying it to the media. People need to let that one go.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.