Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im hoping that Taylor wasn’t breaking lockdown rules!! I can’t imagine she would.
She was in the states not long ago I’m sure of it, so I wonder when they came to the Uk??
I wonder if these are old photos from when she was in the UK doing the Paul McCartney interivew? Her mum's birthday was yesterday and she has brain cancer... I doubt she would miss it. If they are old, she should have a word with her publicist for releasing them now as 1.UK is locked down and 2. his mum is not wearing her mask correctly. Not a good look in a global pandemic. People are calling Taylor out on breaking restrictions in the comments, on Twitter, etc. She apparently has a property in London so they wouldn't be eligible to bubble with his parents as they (parents) and his siblings are a household of 4.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if these are old photos from when she was in the UK doing the Paul McCartney interivew? Her mum's birthday was yesterday and she has brain cancer... I doubt she would miss it.
The article says they were taken on Monday (so today or last week, not sure). But the trees and their clothes defo suggest they’re recent and not from the autumn 🍂

Reactions: 2
I wonder if these are old photos from when she was in the UK doing the Paul McCartney interivew? Her mum's birthday was yesterday and she has brain cancer... I doubt she would miss it. If they are old, she should have a word with her publicist for releasing them now as 1.UK is locked down and 2. his mum is not wearing her mask correctly. Not a good look in a global pandemic. People are calling Taylor out on breaking restrictions in the comments, on Twitter, etc. She apparently has a property in London so they wouldn't be eligible to bubble with his parents.
Ah perhaps they are old! That would make sense as you say I’m sure she would want to be with her mum if she could. Oh no I had no idea it was brain cancer 😓 sounds horrible.
Wouldn’t be surprised if she did have her own place here. And I would have thought Joe would have his own place too and not still be living with hie parents. So yeah I hope Tree gets on the case and informs people! Otherwise -eek!

The article says they were taken on Monday (so today or last week, not sure). But the trees and their clothes defo suggest they’re recent and not from the autumn 🍂
Ah ok ! The plot thickens lol!

Ah perhaps they are old! That would make sense as you say I’m sure she would want to be with her mum if she could. Oh no I had no idea it was brain cancer 😓 sounds horrible.
Wouldn’t be surprised if she did have her own place here. And I would have thought Joe would have his own place too and not still be living with hie parents. So yeah I hope Tree gets on the case and informs people! Otherwise -eek!
She had / has breast cancer then went back for scans and they found brain cancer too. Very sad.

Ah ok ! The plot thickens lol!
Joe lived with his parents when he and Taylor first started dating. I don't think he has property...but who knows.

Also, I am laughing at their matching Hunter boots. Do you think they were *gifted*?

• Sad
She had / has breast cancer then went back for scans and they found brain cancer too. Very sad.

Joe lived with his parents when he and Taylor first started dating. I don't think he has property...but who knows.

Also, I am laughing at their matching Hunter boots. Do you think they were *gifted*?
Oh that is so sad and awful about her mum 😭😭😭

Maybe he has never bothered if he has been busy working away a lot so maybe he does still live at home then!!

haha His n Hers Hunters 😂

Reactions: 1
She might have been here for a while or they might be old photos as some of her vocals for evermore were recorded in the UK, I think at one of the Mumford and Sons band member's recording studio

She might have been here for a while or they might be old photos as some of her vocals for evermore were recorded in the UK, I think at one of the Mumford and Sons band member's recording studio
Yes you are right, she did use one of the member's studios for Evermore.

Could his mum be in their bubble? If not aren't they breaking lockdown rules??
I think it would be covered under the 'you can meet one other person outside for excercise' rule but obviosuly no social distancing being done.

I am really shocked about her mum having brain cancer. That's awful.

Errr me and my boyfriend have matching Hunter wellies. You're making me think we're saddos now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it would be covered under the 'you can meet one other person outside for excercise' rule but obviosuly no social distancing being done.

I am really shocked about her mum having brain cancer. That's awful.
It’s only one person from each household for that rule at the moment :) So Joe should’ve stayed at home 😋

I'm still listening to Folklore all the time. What an amazing album.

I haven't always been a fan of Taylor as I'm really not into country but I've followed her career since the 1989 album and have a lot of respect for her songwriting abilities. I've also warmed up to her a lot in the last few years as she seems to have matured very gracefully since she got with Joe. Still don't know what on earth she was thinking with Hiddleswift though...embarrassing isn't a strong enough word, although I think he came out the worst. Is it me or has his career never really recovered from that? He just seems to have the Loki thing now and not much else?

Reactions: 5
Absolutely love Folklore but I just don’t enjoy evermore. I haven’t listened to it through once. Devastating about her mum I know they’re extremely close and I knew she had breast cancer but didn’t know it had spread to her brain. You can have all the money in the world but it still doesn’t make the imminent death of your mum any easier.

Last edited:
Absolutely love Folklore but I just don’t enjoy evermore. I haven’t listened to it through once.
Glad it's not just me as everyone seems to love it but I managed about five songs and had to switch off in bitter disappointment, and haven't listened to it since. I don't really want to. For me, Folklore was more than enough and she's diluted its greatness by rushing out a second album that just sounds like stuff that belonged on the cutting room floor to my ears. I know this is an unpopular opinion though. I'm just glad I didn't spend money on Evermore. With Folklore I bought the vinyl asap and it's looking very pretty in my collection.

• Wow
Glad it's not just me as everyone seems to love it but I managed about five songs and had to switch off in bitter disappointment, and haven't listened to it since. I don't really want to. For me, Folklore was more than enough and she's diluted its greatness by rushing out a second album that just sounds like stuff that belonged on the cutting room floor to my ears. I know this is an unpopular opinion though. I'm just glad I didn't spend money on Evermore. With Folklore I bought the vinyl asap and it's looking very pretty in my collection.
I definitely think Folklore is the superior album. You can tell that there seems to be more time that has gone into that album. And it feels like more of a story for me.

I like evermore for background or driving music and there are a few gems for me. But I totally understand what you mean about it feeling like a B side album. I also think it’s leans too much into the collaborations for me and it loses some of the Taylor-ness (E.g. Coney Island and evermore sound like she’s really trying to fit the style of her collaborators instead of vice versa). Willow has a nice sound but the lyrics seem like loads of random lyrics from her notebook stuck together.

I’m rambling! Anyway I saw someone talking about Olivia Rodrigo who is a young singer songwriter that writes like Taylor if you want to check out new Taylor-ish music.

Reactions: 4
Anyway I saw someone talking about Olivia Rodrigo who is a young singer songwriter that writes like Taylor if you want to check out new Taylor-ish music.
I second this!! She's only 17 and incredibly talented. I think 'All I Want' should've been Grammy nominated - solely written by her and amazing!! Definite Taylor and Lorde influences in her music if you're into that kind of thing :D

Yeah I like evermore and will keep listening to it, but now I've listened to it a lot I don't think its quite up to the same standard as folklore, for me at least. I like a lot of the songs, but I don't love them the way I do with a lot of the songs on folklore.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so glad people in here are giving folklore the respect it deserves 🥲 I just can’t get into evermore as much as I did with folklore.

Reactions: 7
I think Evermore is a slow grower but don't think it's even close to Folklore. There are a couple I really like - Champagne Problems and Long Story Short - a few I like but the rest is just background music to me. I love the duet with Bon Iver on Folklore but really dislike it on Evermore.

• Heart
I think Evermore is a slow grower but don't think it's even close to Folklore. There are a couple I really like - Champagne Problems and Long Story Short - a few I like but the rest is just background music to me. I love the duet with Bon Iver on Folklore but really dislike it on Evermore.
I like the Taylor parts of the song Evermore but wow the part with Bon Iver and her I think is awful. It just sounds like a mishmash of noise to me. Really not nice to listen to.

• Heart
Absolutely love Folklore but I just don’t enjoy evermore. I haven’t listened to it through once.
this was me, first time I’ve listened to it (almost fully through, I don’t think I’ve heard it all 😂) was this week,
I didn’t rate it at all but I’m enjoying it now, not the songs others seem to love though.

isn’t she living/staying in the uk at the moment?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.