Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
taylorswift - Verified - Ever since I was 13, I’ve been excited about turning 31 because it’s my lucky number backwards

:LOL:

I wonder what the timeline of recording this was? Is it songs that didn't make it onto the last one or were a bit too samey?

Is that a katy perry cover?

Reactions: 3
This is sooo exciting!

I really thought her bday surprise would be the recording of one of her old albums.
🥳🥳🥳

Reactions: 4
I’ll be the first to admit that I dismissed her a few years back but have been utterly converted (I’m an indie kid) - I have high hopes looking at the people she continues to work with and who are on the track listing - Haim, The National, Bon Iver....

Reactions: 5
You knew something was coming with the nine trees tweet she did.

I am BEYOND excited waiting for it to come our, there’s nothing better in the world than new TS music. She is my ultimate queen.

• Heart
I am halfway through the new album and eh...its okay but feels very long and not in a good way. So far I think I prefer Folklore but I guess it's just first listen. I recall loving Folklore instantly. Plus it's almost midnight so maybe I am just tired. Will have a proper listen in the morning. Can't wait to see peolsls thoughts.

Reactions: 8
I am halfway through the new album and eh...its okay but feels very long and not in a good way. So far I think I prefer Folklore but I guess it's just first listen. I recall loving Folklore instantly. Plus it's almost midnight so maybe I am just tired. Will have a proper listen in the morning. Can't wait to see peolsls thoughts.
Taylor's albums always need to grow on me a bit but so far I only really like long story short and happiness. But that could change the more I listen to it.

I’ve listened to it once and nothing has given me the folklore feeling of “wow it’s sooo good” (probs cos that was a whole new sound).

But I’m sure it’ll grown on my when I spend all day listening 😅

I’ve listened to it once and nothing has given me the folklore feeling of “wow it’s sooo good” (probs cos that was a whole new sound).

But I’m sure it’ll grown on my when I spend all day listening 😅
Feel the same. Just started my second listen now but I've just got it on in the background while working so finding it had to focus on the individual tracks.

Betty is my favourite song on Folklore and I just feel so far nothing is really grabbing me that same way.

Still it's a lovely album though, very relaxing to listen to, which I thought about Folklore as well.

Reactions: 2
I agree, when I first listened to folklore I instantly liked the 1, cardigan, betty, august, exile, the last great american dynasty. Then after a few listens some of the others really grew on me and I ended up loving. First listen of this nothing has gripped me in the same way - I hope it will grow on me!

It sounds lika a B sides album, can't say I'm in a rush to play it again. Nme gave it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I just listened to a song No body No Crime and it immediately made me think of The Handmaid's Tale especially from last season. In season 3 June killed a commander and the Marta covered up the crime and burnt the body. What do you think?
This is a line from the song which makes me think this:

Good thing my daddy made me get a boating license when I was fifteen
And I've cleaned enough houses
To know how to cover up a scene.

Reactions: 1
On third listen, I dont think tolerate it is track 5 worthy 😬 happiness or evermore (without Bon iver guy because he ruins it) would’ve been better Imo.

• Heart
So I didn’t love Folklore on first listen and actually didn’t play it again for about a month and when I did I fell in love. I hope that’s the case with this one but I suspect not. I wish she’d stop working with Bon Iver, I can’t stand his voice!

I just listened to a song No body No Crime and it immediately made me think of The Handmaid's Tale especially from last season. In season 3 June killed a commander and the Marta covered up the crime and burnt the body. What do you think?

Made me think of gone girl or girl on the train.

She said it was inspired by listening to true crime podcasts.

Okay... Controversial but I find it hilarious that Joe is suddenly some genius songwriter on par with Taylor's talent now (William Bowery). I just don't find it believable, sorry. And I don't think she would let a man take credit for her work, especially a romantic partner, after what happened with Calvin and This is what you came for.

I have read a theory that it is an experiment by Taylor that she will later announce. She is really WB but she said Joe is to show how quick the media are to accept it and write glowing articles about him. Her last single from Lover was The Man, which goes on about how quickly men are praised and applauded for things and is to prove that theory.

She said it was inspired by listening to true crime podcasts.

Okay... Controversial but I find it hilarious that Joe is suddenly some genius songwriter on par with Taylor's talent now (William Bowery). I just don't find it believable, sorry. And I don't think she would let a man take credit for her work, especially a romantic partner, after what happened with Calvin and This is what you came for.

I have read a theory that it is an experiment by Taylor that she will later announce. She is really WB but she said Joe is to show how quick the media are to accept it and write glowing articles about him. Her last single from Lover was The Man, which goes on about how quickly men are praised and applauded for things and is to prove that theory.
I can't see her doing that, because her fans wouldn't like being lied to. It was the fans that picked up on it. Then she announced it in the pond sessions and it sounded believable.
But I get where you are coming from!

Just listened to Evermore. It’s okay, probably need to relisten as none of them stand out as special but they are really relaxing to listen to and I’ve just spent a bit of this afternoon doing emails whilst chilling out to the album.

Just listened to Evermore. It’s okay, probably need to relisten as none of them stand out as special but they are really relaxing to listen to and I’ve just spent a bit of this afternoon doing emails whilst chilling out to the album.
I like Champagne Problems. Am still yet to give it another listen though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.