Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that she keeps outing him in a respectful way.

what an hole of a man really, how other artists work with him knowing he has done this and will do the same to them is beyond me.

Reactions: 11
I love that she keeps outing him in a respectful way.

what an hole of a man really, how other artists work with him knowing he has done this and will do the same to them is beyond me.
Ariana Grande is likely one.

Reactions: 5
definitely her and Justin Bieber. They think he cares about them but at the end of the day he will think money first
Poor Justin has been unwell for a while so Scooter totally has him under his thumb. Scooter is scum.

Really pleased for Taylor winning at the American Music Awards. Folklore is a stunning album and it's really helped get me through the last few months.

I do feel bad for her about her masters though. Why wasn't she offered even a chance to buy them back? I don't get that.

Reactions: 10
Really pleased for Taylor winning at the American Music Awards. Folklore is a stunning album and it's really helped get me through the last few months.

I do feel bad for her about her masters though. Why wasn't she offered even a chance to buy them back? I don't get that.
she was offered to buy them back, but she would have had to sign a non disclosure agreement to never speak badly about scooter 🙄 she obviously declined.

Reactions: 2
she was offered to buy them back, but she would have had to sign a non disclosure agreement to never speak badly about scooter 🙄 she obviously declined.
No, originally before Scott Borchetta sold them to Scooter, Taylor asked to buy her masters back as she knew they were going to get sold and she was told no.

Reactions: 1
No, originally before Scott Borchetta sold them to Scooter, Taylor asked to buy her masters back as she knew they were going to get sold and she was told no.
No, that’s not true either.

Basically, Taylor Swift was the star of Borchetta’s label (Big Machine) and her Masters were the biggest asset the label had. When Taylor’s contract was up, she had a choice— re-sign with Borchetta/Big Machine or go elsewhere.

Now, there would be no real incentive to keep her at Big Machine without that asset they had... owning the master recordings. To say “oh sure take the recordings and off you go to make money for a new label” doesn’t make any real sense for the label. They’ve invested in Taylor for 10 years and the master recordings are the payoff of that investment. And if Taylor wanted to leave, they still wanted to asset so that without their biggest moneymaker, they had something to sell. They also want to make it difficult for an artist to simply purchase them because again, they want that bargaining chip.

So, she was offered a deal— sign with Big Machine for a number of years and for each new album you make, you will own another one of your albums. (So, having since put out two albums, she’d have earned back her first two). Taylor declined, and she wrote Borchetta and said she wanted to move forward, she understood that meant losing her masters, but she’d prefer to keep moving with another label. Borchetta promised things would stay amicable.

Things blew up when Borchetta sold the label which included Swift’s masters to Scooter Braun. Taylor’s claim here seems to only be that they were sold to Braun, because she hates him, and she counts this as a betrayal. More broadly, she also seems to argue that artists should have more opportunities to buy the masters, which is fair enough,

A note— Taylor still has legal ownership over her songs (she owns copyright, etc). Master recordings are another element of the way you can own a recording as an asset. She has also never owned her masters... just for all the people who claim they were stolen from her or whatever.

Reactions: 8
This looks good. I had a Disney+ account at the beginning of the pandemic but deleted it after it got hacked. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...lore-movie-long-pond-studio-sessions-1094615/
I was always going to sub to Disney + during the festive period as with Covid the more entertainment options at home the better (and also I am gagging watch WandaVision when that comes out) but I am very excited about this. Folklore is by far my favourite album of 2020 and one of my favourites of the last ten years in general so anything to do with it and I will be there.

Reactions: 4
Can’t wait to hear the stories behind the songs! I love it when she talks about the inspiration for lyrics etc.

Side note, who did scooter pay to get JB all those Grammy noms! Yummy as song of the year?!?

Reactions: 4
Can’t wait to watch the folklore doc/ performance!! Always knew getting Disney+ was a good idea 😂

Reactions: 3
I have liked her more in recent years. Love Story is still one of her very best songs but the person she was for years I didn't like even though her songs are usually good. She was this lass going from one high profile man to another and then writing a break up song every time like they were in the wrong when the only constant was her.

But now she's settled with by her standards a low profile normal lad, way more private than she used to be about her personal life and I like her charity work too such as being involved with Children In Need in 2019 because she's not from the UK so doesn't have to get involved in our charity events.

I have liked her more in recent years. Love Story is still one of her very best songs but the person she was for years I didn't like even though her songs are usually good. She was this lass going from one high profile man to another and then writing a break up song every time like they were in the wrong when the only constant was her.

But now she's settled with by her standards a low profile normal lad, way more private than she used to be about her personal life and I like her charity work too such as being involved with Children In Need in 2019 because she's not from the UK so doesn't have to get involved in our charity events.
I definitely think she has grown in that she takes responsibility for when she fucks up a relationship, such as in Getaway Car, Afterglow, The Archer. She seems terribly insecure which she acknowledges both in her documentary and music, and also paranoid. I do think she is still overdramatic as she wrote in one of her journals that she and Joe hid in London in 2017 (?) as she was scared the "nasty world" would end them or something. And in Dancing with Our Hands Tied, that paranoia seeps through. She does need to stop the narrative of the paparazzi stalking her and Joe, as the photos are always with Backgrid which is a company that celebs or their PR call to tip-off where the celeb will be to get photos taken... lol. They are not just randomly showing up at the Santa Monica Hills as she claims in the Long Pond documentary - it is staged. I do think she probably struggles with knowing what is normal and not - who wouldn't with her fame and fortune.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone heard the new love story snippet? (It’s on her Twitter). I love that it sounds so similar to the original so that the GP can’t tell the difference. But fans will be able to notice the new vocals etc.

Has anyone heard the new love story snippet? (It’s on her Twitter). I love that it sounds so similar to the original so that the GP can’t tell the difference. But fans will be able to notice the new vocals etc.
Yes! Shows that she put the twang on earlier in her career to appeal to the country folk lol. As in, from 1989-Foklore the twang is gone but it's back for the re-recording of Love Story. I am really excited to hear the music...especially her debut. There are so many gems on it such as Cold as You, Mary's Song, A Place In This World. Also can't wait to hear Change with her better vocals...the original recording sounds like a terrible demo.

Yes! Shows that she put the twang on earlier in her career to appeal to the country folk lol. As in, from 1989-Foklore the twang is gone but it's back for the re-recording of Love Story. I am really excited to hear the music...especially her debut. There are so many gems on it such as Cold as You, Mary's Song, A Place In This World. Also can't wait to hear Change with her better vocals...the original recording sounds like a terrible demo.
Haha yeh the twang is so funny especially when you watch old interviews and she’s speaking with it too. Totally agree on change, there are certain songs from early albums where her vocals are really nasally or something. Even in 1989 songs like welcome to New York are quite screechy.

Her post 1989 vocal improvement was really impressive to me

She was at her worst before/during/after the Hiddleswift nonsense imho. She was trying way too hard and it was embarrassing and annoying. I'm really glad she appears to have learned from that era and is mostly much more low-key now. There is still a bit of a victim complex there, as others have said, but the level of fame she knows will undoubtly mess with the heads of most people if we experienced it.

I love that she's re-recording her masters. Scooter is a scumbag.

She really made me cringe around the time of her 1989 tour when she was constantly bringing celebs on stage like hey look at all my cool famous friends!

She did acknowledge this in her interview about 30 things she learnt before 30 tho tbf (in Vogue I think?). I think she said something like she realises she was doing that out of insecurity as in the past she didn't feel she had friends or something along those lines.

Who do you think My Tears richochet is about? In the Disney+ doc I got the impression it was about a friend but with the folklore theme could be fictional and not actually about her?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.