Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really made me cringe around the time of her 1989 tour when she was constantly bringing celebs on stage like hey look at all my cool famous friends!

She did acknowledge this in her interview about 30 things she learnt before 30 tho tbf (in Vogue I think?). I think she said something like she realises she was doing that out of insecurity as in the past she didn't feel she had friends or something along those lines.

Who do you think My Tears richochet is about? In the Disney+ doc I got the impression it was about a friend but with the folklore theme could be fictional and not actually about her?
Karlie Kloss if about a best friend, same as I Forgot That You Existed. Karlie is managed or was by Scooter and I think that caused a breakdown of their friendship. People think IFTYE is about Kanye but i don't think she cared about him that much. The lyric: "would have been there front row, even if nobody came to your show"is about the Victorias Secret show, I think, which got cancelled.

Maybe also Scott Borchetta. Or a mix of both.

I feel like" I can go anywhere I want just not home" refers to Big Machine Records which was her musical home since she was a teenager.

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace." - she was loud about the Scooter masters situation.

"You wear the same jewels that I gave you as you bury me." - the jewels is her music.

"we gather here, we line up, weeping in a sunlit room." - a meeting with Scott and management about her masters?

"cursing my name, wishing I stayed, look at how my tears ricochet." - borchetta was hoping Taylor would stay at Big Machine - she WAS the big machine. Taylor mentioned how whenever Scott Borchetta mentioned Scooter she would cry - hence her tears ricochet when her masters were sold to him.

" and when you can't sleep at night, you hear my stolen lullabies." - her songs will haunt him. A year or so ago, Taylor dressed up as Ariel from The Little Mermaid. In The Little Mermaid Ariel's voice is stolen. Notice how when she sings "my stolen lullabies" her voice fades out like it is being stolen, like how she feels her masters (her voice) was stolen. She is really clever.

"tossing out the good years" - her and Scott shared a lot of good times together throughout her career.

So I guess I think it's more about Borchetta than Karlie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She really made me cringe around the time of her 1989 tour when she was constantly bringing celebs on stage like hey look at all my cool famous friends!

She did acknowledge this in her interview about 30 things she learnt before 30 tho tbf (in Vogue I think?). I think she said something like she realises she was doing that out of insecurity as in the past she didn't feel she had friends or something along those lines.

Who do you think My Tears richochet is about? In the Disney+ doc I got the impression it was about a friend but with the folklore theme could be fictional and not actually about her?
Personally, I think MTR is about Scott Borchetta. There’s the line about burying her wearing the jewels she bought him. I.e. the whole success of his record company was built on her.

There’s also the “stolen lullabies” line relating to her masters that he sold.

And “when I’d fight you used to tell me I was brave”. This could relate to her various moments like speaking up against Apple and him supporting her.

I read that she’s referred to him as being like a father to her and part of the family and in the Disney doc she talks about losing someone she thought was family.

Reactions: 7
Really interesting insights thanks! She really is clever.

Also interesting that IFTYE could be about Karlie, I read it could be about Calvin Harris too. Seems like forever ago that they were a thing.

Reactions: 4
I’ve always thought My Tears Ricochet was about Scott.

Never thought of Karlie for IFTYE - that would be a different twist on it!

On the Long Pond doc she did talk about friends becoming your worst enemies and I always assumed she was talking about Scott, but maybe there was a bit of Karlie in there too!

Reactions: 3
I never actually thought IFTYE was about anyone in particular. But maybe the people who sucked up to her during 1989 then dropped her when 2016 happened.

I can’t remember if any explanation was leaked from the secret sessions?

I never actually thought IFTYE was about anyone in particular. But maybe the people who sucked up to her during 1989 then dropped her when 2016 happened.

I can’t remember if any explanation was leaked from the secret sessions?
its pretty much accepted in the Taylor Swift fandom that IFTYE is about Calvin.

“got out some popcorn as soon as my rep started going down” - he very much jumped on the bandwagon when everyone was hating Taylor in 2016, he was quite vocal in his tweets about it.

“sent me a clear message” - again, it’s thought this is about his tweets.

I always thought IFTYE was about Kayne but interesting to hear a different tale on it and yeah when you read the lyrics could very well be about Calvin. I do think it could apply though to those friends from 20134/2015 who don’t appear to be around her anymore.

Reactions: 1
About the 1989 era girl squad, who was using who?
A bit of both probably. Taylor admitted she was compensating for being the kid with no friends at school by having a squad. I don’t actually know which members of the squad turned on her though - I think there might have been snarky comments by zendaya and hailey steinfield?

Re the squad I think it was a bit of both. Taylor looked popular and some of them gained exposure. Zendaya and hailed definitely made snarky comments about it later. I think Taylor has also said she regrets it..

Who was it that said Taylor was Regina George? I forget, but that's exactly how it all came across during that era. I like the current, more chilled out low-key Taylor much more.

Who was it that said Taylor was Regina George? I forget, but that's exactly how it all came across during that era. I like the current, more chilled out low-key Taylor much more.
I think that was Katy Perry? “Look our for the regina george in sheep’s clothing”. They’ve made up now though. That whole feud was so annoying, as well as the Kanye one.

Reactions: 2
Didn't know there was a Taylor thread till now, but just popping on to say what a queen. The gift of 2020 that keeps on giving.

I can’t believe there is a new album!!!! I’m speechless, this is beyond anything! So excited!! Just when I asked my husband for folklore merch... now there will be more
🙈😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My bf literally just got me the folklore album and now she has another coming! folklore has been my favourite of her albums I think, so I'm super excited for this! man she has been productive this year haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.