Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So her Paris City of Lover concert was on tv tonight. Her vocals are an absolute dream, I love acoustic Taylor. It seems she had to cut her old songs because scooter won't allow them to be used on tv. The songs from it have also been uploaded to Spotify. Her vocals on Cornelia Street are amazing. Her voice has improved so so much.

Reactions: 4
Amazing how her PR push went from solely being about who she was dating to trying to make political statements. I can’t think of any other singer who had such a revolution in their image after already being well established. Imagine Justin Timberlake out of nowhere on the Trolls PR tour suddenly talking non stop about French literature - few could manage what Swift has done 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Amazing how her PR push went from solely being about who she was dating to trying to make political statements. I can’t think of any other singer who had such a revolution in their image after already being well established. Imagine Justin Timberlake out of nowhere on the Trolls PR tour suddenly talking non stop about French literature - few could manage what Swift has done 😂
She has sure been lucky, especially her transition from country to pop. Few could do that.

I think she's just grown up and got more confident. I'm sure there will be plenty behind the scenes who are infuriated at her for speaking her mind. Good for her, I love Tay. Gutted I won't be seeing her this summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Saw an amazing investigation into her relationship with Harry Styles ages ago. Someone traced from social media where each one of them was in the world for the entire time they were dating. Turned out they were only in the same city twice during the whole thing, and spent about nine days together. So glad she’s found another way to get stories in the news that doesn’t rely on making relationships up, hopefully she will be confident enough to tell her story sometime

Reactions: 1
Saw an amazing investigation into her relationship with Harry Styles ages ago. Someone traced from social media where each one of them was in the world for the entire time they were dating. Turned out they were only in the same city twice during the whole thing, and spent about nine days together. So glad she’s found another way to get stories in the news that doesn’t rely on making relationships up
Few people believe their relationship was real. It was PR to boost her career in the UK and his in the USA.

Reactions: 3
Few people believe their relationship was real. It was PR to boost her career in the UK and his in the USA.
I think Rhianna said it best when she was at her peak - something about maintaining a career in music being work, work, work 360 days a year and no time to date anyone without taking a career break so she could be in one place for a few months

It’s very backwards that selling a female pop star could ever be a case of focusing just on who she might be linked to

Reactions: 2
I think Rhianna said it best when she was at her peak - something about maintaining a career in music being work, work, work 360 days a year and no time to date anyone without taking a career break so she could be in one place for a few months
I don't even believe that Taylor's relationship with Joe is real. He is a nobody that needs a career boost and she needs the man eater image to disappear/or a beard depending on if you believe the rumours she is gay.

I don't even believe that Taylor's relationship with Joe is real. He is a nobody that needs a career boost and she needs the man eater image to disappear/or a beard depending on if you believe the rumours she is gay.
I still wonder what she sees in him. He's not all that is he?

I still wonder what she sees in him. He's not all that is he?
I think he looks like he was hit on the face with a spade and he is so boring in interviews. He sends my gaydor off. He has apparently been on dates with men on Grindr and there are questionable photos of him on his old FB page.

• Wow
Woah hold your horses! He seems like a really nice, down to earth man who is that specific type of classic British actor who almost certainly could get a Marvel role tomorrow, but is happier doing quality work and not fixated on fame or money. If they are really dating I’d bet the attraction is that he takes her round his parents and they treat her the same as if she worked in an office. Which at her level of fame would probably be something she loved.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So her Paris City of Lover concert was on tv tonight. Her vocals are an absolute dream, I love acoustic Taylor. It seems she had to cut her old songs because scooter won't allow them to be used on tv. The songs from it have also been uploaded to Spotify. Her vocals on Cornelia Street are amazing. Her voice has improved so so much.
Ooh I need to watch this.

I've become a big Taylor fan in the last couple of years, even though I'm probably not the target audience for her material. I watched Miss Americana when that came out and felt so bad for her because while I used to get irritated by her overexposre, the "sqaud" nonsense and the absurdity that was Hiddleswift she has calmed down a lot and is one of the most talented lyricists working today that I can think of. I'd love to see her live one day.

I fee like her sexual assault trial changed her for the better. Obviously it's revolting and shameful she had to go through that experience but it's amazing how she has matured since then. She's becoming a great role model.

I’m late to the party but a huge Taylor Swift fan here!

Cruel Summer should 100% have been the lead single from Lover, it’s just one of those songs that has you singing - even now in the car I have it on repeat. If you don’t scream ‘he looks up grinning like a devil’ are you even a real fan?!
When Lover was released I was going through a breakup so all of the songs were so melodramatic to me, Afterglow, Lover and The Archer are the three even to this day I don’t really listen to because of it even though they’re beautiful songs.
Me-ee-ee! was a brilliant song, definitely a great lead into the album, YNTCD also good, but nowhere near the levels of Cruel Summer.

1989 always has and will be my favourite album - some of the tracks on there are very basic but they tell a story. You Are In Love is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard.

I’m with everyone else on Reputation, it promised so much and there were only a few songs I could really say I like such as So It Goes, Getaway Car and Dress. Everything else I wasn’t too bothered about. I always wondered too in the reputation world tour why she sings every song except So It Goes?

• Heart
I’m late to the party but a huge Taylor Swift fan here!

Cruel Summer should 100% have been the lead single from Lover, it’s just one of those songs that has you singing - even now in the car I have it on repeat. If you don’t scream ‘he looks up grinning like a devil’ are you even a real fan?!
When Lover was released I was going through a breakup so all of the songs were so melodramatic to me, Afterglow, Lover and The Archer are the three even to this day I don’t really listen to because of it even though they’re beautiful songs.
Me-ee-ee! was a brilliant song, definitely a great lead into the album, YNTCD also good, but nowhere near the levels of Cruel Summer.

1989 always has and will be my favourite album - some of the tracks on there are very basic but they tell a story. You Are In Love is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard.

I’m with everyone else on Reputation, it promised so much and there were only a few songs I could really say I like such as So It Goes, Getaway Car and Dress. Everything else I wasn’t too bothered about. I always wondered too in the reputation world tour why she sings every song except So It Goes?
Cruel Summer was robbed of being the lead single, I’m with you there! I know there were some rumours about it being released as a single this year, but it seems like it’d be a bit late.

Cornelia Street, Death by a Thousand Cuts and It’s Nice To Have a Friend are my jam on Lover. Plus, my guilty pleasure... London Boy will always put me in a good mood!

Agree with You Are In Love as well, such a beaut of a song.

Going back to her tweet from last night, I’m fully on board with this new politically savvy TS. Did anyone clock that bit in her documentary where she was wanting to post on Instagram about the US mid-term elections and there was a gaggle of old white men (including her dad!) essentially telling her to stay out of it? Mental.

Cruel Summer was robbed of being the lead single, I’m with you there! I know there were some rumours about it being released as a single this year, but it seems like it’d be a bit late.

Cornelia Street, Death by a Thousand Cuts and It’s Nice To Have a Friend are my jam on Lover. Plus, my guilty pleasure... London Boy will always put me in a good mood!

Agree with You Are In Love as well, such a beaut of a song.

Going back to her tweet from last night, I’m fully on board with this new politically savvy TS. Did anyone clock that bit in her documentary where she was wanting to post on Instagram about the US mid-term elections and there was a gaggle of old white men (including her dad!) essentially telling her to stay out of it? Mental.
Yes - it was infuriating. Especially as she has been the victim of stalking! But what was more infuriating is that she will have made those men in suits millions upon millions and they were basically telling her to keep her mouth shut and keep making them rich. Very proud fan right now!

• Heart
Yep, I agree. I’m not a fan by any means but I remember watching Miss Americana and finding it so sad that she’s been conditioned that the most important thing in life was to be was to be liked, and that was more of a priority than being true to herself. I’m really glad she’s spoken on this and is using her voice.

I kind of see parallels between the old TS and Britney with old men controlling young female stars, at least TS seems to have a happy ending.

Reactions: 6
Yep, I agree. I’m not a fan by any means but I remember watching Miss Americana and finding it so sad that she’s been conditioned that the most important thing in life was to be was to be liked, and that was more of a priority than being true to herself. I’m really glad she’s spoken on this and is using her voice.

I kind of see parallels between the old TS and Britney with old men controlling young female stars, at least TS seems to have a happy ending.
I often think that Taylor has really benefited/learnt from people like Britney. She would’ve grown up watching female stars like Brit, Mariah, Whitney being taken down/harassed/addicted etc.

Obviously Taylor hasn’t avoided public scandals etc but we’ve never seen her have a public breakdown, or rebel against her teenage image like how Miley did for eg. I find it interesting that she’s managed to grow up without having a huge image change. I think that’s what LWYMMD is about - that people wanted to see her go “crazy” and have a new dark image, so she played it temporarily.

I often think that Taylor has really benefited/learnt from people like Britney. She would’ve grown up watching female stars like Brit, Mariah, Whitney being taken down/harassed/addicted etc.

Obviously Taylor hasn’t avoided public scandals etc but we’ve never seen her have a public breakdown, or rebel against her teenage image like how Miley did for eg. I find it interesting that she’s managed to grow up without having a huge image change.
Her song The Lucky One shows how hyperaware she is of fame and what can happen. I LOVE it. It is one of my fav underrated Taylor songs.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.