Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'm the only person who prefers Lover over Reputation. It reminds me of her older writing. I saw the Reputation tour and she was incredible.
I prefer it too! Though I don’t think it has the “sonic cohesion” as the masterpiece that is 1989. I think that’s what’s missing for me, and dare I say it I think it’s too long. Can’t remember the last time I listened to any song from rep.

Wonder if this is true

Reactions: 1
I prefer it too! Though I don’t think it has the “sonic cohesion” as the masterpiece that is 1989. I think that’s what’s missing for me, and dare I say it I think it’s too long. Can’t remember the last time I listened to any song from rep.

Wonder if this is true

1989 is her magnum opus and she won't ever top it. I have been listening to Rep recently. I do think Lover is too long. I have to say, when she was singing "Me" on the piano in her documentary, it sounded way better than the album version, more meaningful.

From Lover, I would have cut out Soon You'll Get Better, Me and You need To Calm Down...and maybe False God.

Daylight is such a beautiful song and I love the production, as well as Afterglow.

Cruel Summer should have been the first single, it would have been a summer hit. She needs to stop releasing teeny-bop songs as singles.

1989 is her magnum opus and she won't ever top it. I have been listening to Rep recently. I do think Lover is too long. I have to say, when she was singing "Me" on the piano in her documentary, it sounded way better than the album version, more meaningful.

From Lover, I would have cut out Soon You'll Get Better, Me and You need To Calm Down...and maybe False God.

Daylight is such a beautiful song and I love the production, as well as Afterglow.

Cruel Summer should have been the first single, it would have been a summer hit. She needs to stop releasing teeny-bop songs as singles.
I would cut IFYE (I do forget it exists), Afterglow, Me, False God.

I might try listening in a different order and see if it makes it more cohesive.

I agree about the teeny bopper songs. Cornelia St is just perfect and I hope she goes in that direction or just more guitar based.

Sorry for double post but @bubbletea123 have you listened to Dua Lipa’s new album. It’s a great pop album, would recommend it.

Last edited:

I might try listening in a different order and see if it makes it more cohesive.

I agree about the teeny bopper songs. Cornelia St is just perfect and I hope she goes in that direction or just more guitar based.

Sorry for double post but @bubbletea123 have you listened to Dua Lipa’s new album. It’s a great pop album, would recommend it.
Cornelia Street is so so gorgeous and is the perfect representation of her classic storytelling writing where you can picture it in your head. It reminds me of the songwriting from Red.

I also love Death By a Thousand Cuts.

No I haven't listened to it but will check it out.

Cornelia Street is so so gorgeous and is the perfect representation of her classic storytelling writing where you can picture it in your head. It reminds me of the songwriting from Red.

I also love Death By a Thousand Cuts.

No I haven't listened to it but will check it out.
Her voice in DBATC is so great.

I have to say the one thingwrong with 1989 is that New Romantics wasn’t track one 🙃

Reactions: 2
Her voice in DBATC is so great.

I have to say the one thingwrong with 1989 is that New Romantics wasn’t track one 🙃
New Romantics and Wonderland should NOT have been bonus tracks, or You are in Love.

The bonus tracks should have been Welcome To New York, Bad Blood and How You Get The Girl.

• Heart
New Romantics and Wonderland should NOT have been bonus tracks, or You are in Love.

The bonus tracks should have been Welcome To New York, Bad Blood and How You Get The Girl.
!!! Perfect 👌 Bad Blood makes me cringe a bit cos of the Katy thing but I still jam to it anyway

I really didn't like welcome to new york but other than that, 1989 was ❤

Oh my god I can't believe nobody has mentioned cutting It's Nice To Have A Friend?!? I would cut that instantly.

You Are In Love is one of her best
"And you understand now, why they lost their minds and fought the wars. And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words" - pure magic!

I Wish You Would is is so underrated.
I can't even recall the amount of times I've listened to I Know Places. BANGER.

Reactions: 3
Ahaha, tbh I totally forgot about it! I do quite like it as a filler

My sister knows this song only because of how entusiastically I sing "You always know how to PUSH MY BUTTONS!"
YOU GAVE ME EVERYTHING AND NOTHING.

Same with LET ME REMIND YOU, THIS WAS WHAT YOU WANTED, YOU ENDED IT, YOU WERE ALL I WANTED. From All You Had To Do Was Stay.

Also, I love how she sings "you-ooh" know-ohhh" in the bridge of How You Get The Girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I Know Places is perfection!

I listened to All Too Well earlier, forgot how brilliant it was.

Sadly I haven't got into Reputation or Lover anywhere near as much. I would love to see her live though.

Reactions: 4
I Know Places is perfection!

I listened to All Too Well earlier, forgot how brilliant it was.

Sadly I haven't got into Reputation or Lover anywhere near as much. I would love to see her live though.
I love I Know Places. I am gutted I never saw the 1989 tour. I was moving overseas so it wasn't a priority.

She is such a fantastic entertainer and songwriter though. I like that in the documentary she admits if it wasn't for her songwriting she would be no where near as successful as she doesn't have the strongest singing voice, although she has improved massively over the years.

I love I Know Places. I am gutted I never saw the 1989 tour. I was moving overseas so it wasn't a priority.

She is such a fantastic entertainer and songwriter though. I like that in the documentary she admits if it wasn't for her songwriting she would be no where near as successful as she doesn't have the strongest singing voice, although she has improved massively over the years.
Me too I watch the 1989 tour all the time, the songs are just brilliant.

I'm also so glad I went to the Rep Tour - the Love Story and You Belong With Me mashup was everrrrrrrrrrrrrrything.

And longliveXnewyearsday

Taylor just posted this on IG. Good for her standing up for herself. Scooter is a dick. I read that Taylor said since he bought her music, she has blocked it from being used in adverts, movies, etc. At least she still has that power over her own work.

Listening to Red right now and State of Grace is such a timeless classic.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Taylor just posted this on IG. Good for her standing up for herself. Scooter is a dick. I read that Taylor said since he bought her music, she has blocked it from being used in adverts, movies, etc. At least she still has that power over her own work.

Listening to Red right now and State of Grace is such a timeless classic.
Ha! It'll be interesting to see how well this live album does. I reckon only her core fan base would want to listen to something like that anyway (cos I'd say she's known for her music not her live performance skills). But sadly for Scooty that core fan base are exactly the kind to boycott it.

I think Taylor is great, as an artist and a person. You don’t see many artists as popular as her going above and beyond for their fans like she does and I think that says a lot about her.

She’s an excellent songwriter but Ronan is just something else. Beautifully and sensitively written and the whole story behind it is just heartbreaking. She’s done so much good there.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.