Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's forgettable melody wise in my opinion but I can see it being used as a soothing background track.

First listen to lover.
Really like it. Definitely my favourite from the album so far!!! I really wasn’t feeling any of them before now.

I don't hate it, but I don't want to listen again.

The Archer is the only semi decent song this era for me. If the album was leaked today I'd probably not bother even trying to play it.

At this point she should just take a hiatus, get married and have kids then come back.

Reactions: 1
First listen to lover.
Really like it. Definitely my favourite from the album so far!!! I really wasn’t feeling any of them before now.
Mine too - it's classic Taylor with the lyrics, bits of humour, catchy repetition. Feeling more positive about the album now

First listen to lover.
Same I just listened to it. It reminded me of the old Taylor back when she did country.

I don't hate it, but I don't want to listen again.

The Archer is the only semi decent song this era for me. If the album was leaked today I'd probably not bother even trying to play it.

At this point she should just take a hiatus, get married and have kids then come back.
I’m more invested in this album since the scooter drama.
The theory that she kept her better tracks until she was out of her contract has me interested!
I should have left Taylor in my teenage years but I still love her songs, i want her to release a good album before taking time off.

Jesus 🤣 What would Taylor Swifts kids be like.
I fear for the future generation of kids who end up in school with them, if they’re a mini version of her that’s the child that’s gonna rob your (Boyfriend) pencil case and say they were looking after it for you

First listen to lover.
It is the Taylor that I love. So beautiful. The drum melody reminds me of Last Kiss and in the bridge some of her vocals remind me of Zooey Deschanel.

The theory that she kept her better tracks until she was out of her contract has me interested!
I should have left Taylor in my teenage years but I still love her songs, i want her to release a good album before taking time off.

Jesus 🤣 What would Taylor Swifts kids be like.
I fear for the future generation of kids who end up in school with them, if they’re a mini version of her that’s the child that’s gonna rob your (Boyfriend) pencil case and say they were looking after it for you
She said she isn't sure if she wants kids which is interesting.

Well if you need to calm down is #14 and me is #16 it might be a good 13 track album.

She hasn't ever released a stinker of an album, but this could be it. Used to be so much better than this. But at least she owns the master to ME! 😗

I haven’t been interested in any of her new songs. My favourite is You Need To Calm Down, but I don’t necessarily enjoy that song.

How have I only just discovered this amazing version of ME!

Still hasn't leaked, maybe she's employed thousands of body guards to stop an Asda employee accidentally putting on sale today

It's leaked 🙊

Pleasantly surprised so far, on track 2..

I just listened to the album and my verdict is meh. I found it goes from country to pop and somewhere between. With 18 tracks I found I only liked 5.

I’m still not over the “tour merch” drop....
Sorry Stella McCartney collaboration.
I’m yet to see one positive comment on twitter about it.
Real tweets, not Taylor Stan tweets.
I’m excited to hear the album but I haven’t had a chance yet 😆

Reactions: 2
Had a listen through on the way to work so its yet to really sink in. The ones that stuck out:

Edit: Added my favourite lyric in bold

The Man - I really like the lyrics on that one, they do sound a bit like shes victimising herself, but being upfront about being an "Alpha Type" it did get me pumped for work. "I'd be like Leo in St Tropez" ooooohhhhh boi the shade. Especially since Blake Lively dated him and they went to St Tropez (I know I'm getting very gossipy).

I like London Boy - its cheesy but has cute references. "But God, I love the Engliiiiisssh"

I forgot that you existed - it's nice it felt relatable. "In my feelings more than Drake, so yeah"

Soon you'll get better - It reminds me of Ronan but it didn't make me tear up like Ronan did, disappointed that the Dixie Chicks didn't have their own part of the song like Brendon Urie (unless I missed simething). " Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too"

Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince - I knew this was going to be my favourite when I saw the track list for Lover, since King of my Heart was my fav on Rep. Its reminiscent of her older stuff. "You play stupid games, You win stupid prizes"

Last edited:
they do sound a bit like shes victimising herself
Taylor!!! Nooooooooo 🤣😆
I’ve just downloaded it but il have to wait until I’m heading home to listen,
I’m not having people judge me for listening to Taylor Swift, it really doesn’t go with my personality 🤣

Edit: I’m probably more similar to the shady ass witch Taylor than I’d like to admit at times .. but still 🤣

Also someone on her team needs to tidy up the lyrics in these descriptions it really annoyed me.

Screenshot_20190823-105603_YouTube.jpg

I just listened to the album and my verdict is meh. I found it goes from country to pop and somewhere between. With 18 tracks I found I only liked 5.
There's a good ep in there! With how bad MEH! and calm down are it's still far better than I thought it would be.

London boy is cringy, but I've spent most of my adult life living there so do like the name checks even if I don't buy she's going out in Brixton or watching ruby in the pub.

First listen...
I’m not impressed 🙈 give me time I might change my mind but for now. I agree with the Meh.
All the meh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.