Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her lawyer's given a statement to deny Borchetta's claims that she was given every opportunity to have her masters. I dont trust either of the SBs

"Scott Borchetta never gave Taylor Swift an opportunity to purchase her masters, or the label, outright with a check in the way he is now apparently doing for others," Swift's attorney Donald Passman said.

I find it highly unlikely that her lawyer would lie. I believe Taylor. There's been stories coming out about how Borchetta is manipulative.

Reactions: 1
I find it highly unlikely that her lawyer would lie. I believe Taylor. There's been stories coming out about how Borchetta is manipulative.
I do too :) I don't know if that post sounded like I didnt(?). I meant I dont trust either SBs - Scott B and Scooter B

I do too :) I don't know if that post sounded like I didnt(?). I meant I dont trust either SBs - Scott B and Scooter B
No, not at all. But I think a few people are skeptical of her. I like to think she has learned from the whole Kimye debacle.

No, not at all. But I think a few people are skeptical of her. I like to think she has learned from the whole Kimye debacle.
I know I sit my ass up on the fence with Taylor 🤣 I do believe her on this but girl has proven many times she loves the drama. So I can understand why people would automatically think “here she goes again”
And I promise I am a fan 😂😆
I also wondered if it could have been set up by both sides for publicity before the others waded in, i trust people THAT little 😎
I wonder would it have been such a big issue to her if it hadn’t been Scooter Razor boy who bought it 😬
I don’t deny it’s her work,
she deserves to own her work 10000% (as in she deserves to have the opportunity to buy it back now)
I think all artists should have that opportunity to do that if/when they become successful.
It’s sad that hasn’t been an option

Reactions: 2
I know I sit my ass up on the fence with Taylor 🤣 I do believe her on this but girl has proven many times she loves the drama. So I can understand why people would automatically think “here she goes again”
And I promise I am a fan 😂😆
I also wondered if it could have been set up by both sides for publicity before the others waded in, i trust people THAT little 😎
I wonder would it have been such a big issue to her if it hadn’t been Scooter Razor boy who bought it 😬
I don’t deny it’s her work,
she deserves to own her work 10000% (as in she deserves to have the opportunity to buy it back now)
I think all artists should have that opportunity to do that if/when they become successful.
It’s sad that hasn’t been an option
didn't you hear her sing "I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me"? 😂

Well, she said in her statement that she had made peace with the fact someone else would own her masters. I think if it wasn't Scooter, she wouldn't have said a thing. He is a twit though. He shared a friend's story which he since deleted which said "when your friend buys Taylor Swift."

didn't you hear her sing "I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me"? 😂

Well, she said in her statement that she had made peace with the fact someone else would own her masters. I think if it wasn't Scooter, she wouldn't have said a thing. He is a twit though. He shared a friend's story which he since deleted which said "when your friend buys Taylor Swift."
If LWYMMD and reputation was honestly a clap back at everything that was happening at that time.
Girl has gone up in my estimations 10000000000%. 😳
I did see that message from his friend being discussed, so skateboard was clearly bragging from the get-go. 🤔
This friend (who made the comment) probably isn’t gonna be top of the Christmas card list this year. 😐

Reactions: 3
If LWYMMD and reputation was honestly a clap back at everything that was happening at that time.
Girl has gone up in my estimations 10000000000%. 😳
I did see that message from his friend being discussed, so skateboard was clearly bragging from the get-go. 🤔
This friend (who made the comment) probably isn’t gonna be top of the Christmas card list this year. 😐
Soooo many of the lyrics from Rep seem like they could be related to Borchetta. Taylor is smart so I wouldn't put it past her to use the Kanye situation as a shield but much of it to be about Scott too. She said there are still Easter eggs in the lwymmd video. The scene where she sings the second verse about kingdom keys, she is in a gold cage surrounded by men in suits... People think that could be about her old record label.

Yel

I do love the Taylor that stirs REAL tit up,
I do love all this pop world drama. But no one is going to come out of it well.

Taylor isn't being the most honest talking about something being taken that she never owned and was standard practice when she signed her deal. I'm still on her side and she should be able to buy the masters, as the going rate as she is very much into capitalism.

Don't for a second think she passed on the opportunity to buy them, scooters wife was probably talking about the do one album get one album master contract she was offered.

I guess just her saying she's pissed that someone she doesn't like owns her masters wouldn't get as much attention.

I'm confused over who's said what now. Has Lena spoken?

Last I heard Taylor said reputation was all about GoT :LOL:

I do love all this pop world drama. But no one is going to come out of it well.

Taylor isn't being the most honest talking about something being taken that she never owned and was standard practice when she signed her deal. I'm still on her side and she should be able to buy the masters, as the going rate as she is very much into capitalism.

Don't for a second think she passed on the opportunity to buy them, scooters wife was probably talking about the do one album get one album master contract she was offered.

I'm confused over who's said what now. Has Lena spoken?

Last I heard Taylor said reputation was all about GoT :LOL:

First she said it was about Joe - which is hysterical as the timeline doesn't at all fit, which is why I think some of the songs are about Karlie... I mean, have you heard Dress? And So It Goes "wear you like a necklace" and "come here, dressed in black now" are not about a man. Now she says it is inspired by GOT. HAHA.

"Come here dressed in black, now" - who would ever say that to a man? No one.

For those who haven't heard:
So It Goes + lyrics
Dress + lyrics - also all that talk about "secrecy" in Dress and Dancing with our Hands Tied and big reputations in "End Game" yet no one knew who Joe was before Taylor... but who was seen in public... her and Karlie. The lyrics "I don't want you like a best friend" and "everyone thinks that they know us but they know nothing about..." stand out. Again, no one knew who Joe was.
Dancing with Our Hands Tied + lyrics - The bridge in particular links to the video of them caught "kissing" at that concert a few years back.

I fell down the rabbit hole of this masterpost a while back. I must add, I'm not one to get invested in or believe conspiracies but this is one I do. Haha. I don't think they're together anymore though like some believe.

I haven't seen anything about Lena talking out.

Last edited:
Soooo many of the lyrics from Rep seem like they could be related to Borchetta. Taylor is smart so I wouldn't put it past her to use the Kanye situation as a shield but much of it to be about Scott too. She said there are still Easter eggs in the lwymmd video. The scene where she sings the second verse about kingdom keys, she is in a gold cage surrounded by men in suits... People think that could be about her old record label.
I think the cage one is very interesting (trapped song bird!). I’ve also never understood the bit where she picks up the motorcycles.
IMO most of her dramas are real, which she then uses to her advantage after (not a criticism).

The one I’ve always been suspicious of is the Apple Music partnership right after she wrote a letter criticise them then they announce a change in the way artists get paid and had multiple adverts with her afterwards. I know she was the biggest pop star in the world at the time but I don’t think she’s THAT powerful

You will always be seen as “playing the victim” when you call out people on their tit because to do something publicly means you must be doing it for personal attention when matter of fact is it’s not about stroking egos it is about (and rightly so) bringing attention to things that should be spoken about.

Mentioning Kim again I can see how people would sit and saying “really Taylor again?!” but unfortunately that plays a big part in her problem with Scooter. It has to be mentioned to put a background on her issue.

Regardless of all of the drama in this there is a massive issue she is bringing to the forefront. SHE does not own her masters that SHE wrote on her own bedroom floor. Just because someone is now privileged doesn’t mean her “worst case scenario” isn’t heartbreaking for HER. People can feel how the duck they want to with a tenner in their pocket or 10 million.

This has truly rubbed me up the wrong way, this happens on a daily basis to smaller artists not just in music were their hard work is taken from them through “ownership” and power - if she has to be a mouthpiece sitting on her million pound throne then so be it. I suppose this is what she meant when people tell her to calm down.
This is exactly how I feel and I may be due on any moment but this actually made me cry. ❤

• Heart
Please don’t judge me for sharing this dude......😬
I judge myself. Full disclosure. I watched it. 😐

@bubbletea123
Why has Perez Hilton got broccoli on his chin?
Why did I watch that?
Why is he still a thing?
Omg he begged to go on I’m a celebrity and they turned him down 🤣🤣 they basically “headhunted” one of the buttercreams and rejected Hilton 🤣🤣 dying 🤣🤣

This would be so lame if she's just announcing some rip off target exclusive versions to milk the fans that'll buy the same thing multiple times

This would be so lame if she's just announcing some rip off target exclusive versions to milk the fans that'll buy the same thing multiple times

Looks like its a new song! Track 5 on Itunes now listed as 'The Archer'

Looks like its a new song! Track 5 on Itunes now listed as 'The Archer'
Well that's something. It's a Jack Antonoff track apparently.

She'll be practising her IG live now, pretending she's all at home alone when in the room next door there'll be a team the size of a Nasa mission in a war room, I imagine.

Would be strange for her if this wasn't something to do with target.

New song The Archer is out. It isn't a single though. She filmed the live from a trailer, she is filming a music video.

I like the song. It is really reflective. It seems people were correct saying it is called The Archer since she is a Sagittarius. Love the 80s synths (reminds me of Stranger Things) and rawness of it. I feel like the outro could do with some drums but overall it is pretty relaxing. I wonder if the song will flow into track 6 on the album, given the abrupt ending? I wish she had released another song like this instead of Me. It gives me Stevie Nicks vibes. Also, for those who don't know, this is track 5 on the album. Track fives are often really personal songs. It looks like it was only her that wrote it.

• Heart
It's the best song from this era so far, not that it says much. The only one from lover that after one play I want to hear again.

Not sure if it's amazing like many are saying. I think it's missing something - give Robyn half an hour and we'd have a smash. But this is just a buzz track. I think she should ditch the 18 tracks and just include the 10-12 jack produced ones if this is anything to go by.

"They see right through me" yes so many do ;)

Still shameless the selling of blank pages to write a journal, that's the kind of thing a gleamer would do. 30 whole pages from her diary, gee thanks.

It's the best song from this era so far, not that it says much. The only one from lover that after one play I want to hear again.

Not sure if it's amazing like many are saying. I think it's missing something - give Robyn half an hour and we'd have a smash. But this is just a buzz track. I think she should ditch the 18 tracks and just include the 10-12 jack produced ones if this is anything to go by.

"They see right through me" yes so many do ;)

Still shameless the selling of blank pages to write a journal, that's the kind of thing a gleamer would do. 30 whole pages from her diary, gee thanks.
Anyone wise won't buy them and will just read them when a fan types them up or scans them on to tumblr.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.