Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ls240898

VIP Member
But it is wrong. If my 19yo child male or female came home and told me they were dating a 33yo I would really have to wonder what the hell is wrong with a grown ass adult who wants to date a teenager. Im 34 and I cannot even imagine looking at a 19yo and thinking oh theyre attractive 🤯 for me its definitely a power play and this is coming from someone who was preyed upon by older men from a young age. Its only looking back I can see it for what it was

TS dating Connor Kennedy is also icky so Im not here to defend on that part. You can be a victim but also a predator. Theyre not mutually exclusive.
All this! 💯

her dating Connor and also John Mayer being abusive/manipulative - both of these things can be true it doesn’t have to one or the other

• Heart
Reactions: 17

QueenBW

VIP Member
Can you imagine if YLM became a secret song? Getting to shout both CP's "what a shame she's fucked in the head" and YLM's "I wouldn't marry me either, a pathological people pleaser" in one night?

The "who only wanted you to see her" line cuts me to the bone. Yeah. He didn't want to marry me either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Merpedy

VIP Member
I feel like the whole “Ice Spice reached out to my team” thing is PR/more damage control. I’ve seen some stuff recently about Taylor not supporting smaller artists/other women in general and ruining someone’s career by being jealous, plus the whole ratty being racists thing and taking heat off that by giving a POC this great opportunity

people have also been saying that Ice Spice could never turn Taylor down so this showing they’re on good terms is false. But that obviously wouldn’t stand as an argument if Ice Spice reached out to her first

Grillita

Anyone else a happily married woman and screaming at the top of her lungs “I WOULDNT MARRY ME EITHER; A PATHOLOGICAL PEOPLE PLEASER” 🗣
I was singing it around and my husband goes: "You? A people pleaser?" Grounds for divorce, right? :p

• Haha

kyaraslife

I am new to these threads, so apologies if it's been discussed before, but the comments on here about Taylor acting like a teenager with her digs at Joe made me think....... Perhaps emotionally Taylor hasn't allowed herself to mature when it comes to love and relationships in case her song writing ability disappears, so she is 'stuck 'emotionally, as a teen. She still needs to feel the angst she did then to come up with the 'goods' ?
Dealing healthily with a breakup, going to therapy and learning to sit with your thoughts brings maturity.

Taking time for yourself after a breakup really allows you to adjust your mindset, reorganise your priorities and be intentional with your life choices. It can only happen if you truly sit with your pain and heartbreak long enough to learn the hard lessons.

Girl hasn’t been single for almost 10 years. Hopped from Calvin to Tom to Joe to Matty.

If she did indeed publically acknowledge that she has never been to therapy; that’s quite immature.

QueenBW

VIP Member
She probably enjoyed it for a while but I’m not sure she could have continued with this level of fame if she was never seen publicly or at events. I don’t even think Taylor expected to blow up like this again, I know she has always been famous but I really feel like with the life she was living, maybe she was steering herself towards retirement.
Retirement? She put out two of her strongest albums while on lockdown, when no one had seen her, or anyone, in months. Same with Reputation if you're more of a Rep girl, it came out after she scrubbed her socials, stopped the planned pap walks, literally says no one has heard from me for months, etc.

If anything, I think being less focused on fame makes her better at her art. The problem is that she always comes back to courting massive, in your face, saturated fame.

No one actually needs overexposure.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I doubt we'll ever hear much from Joe. It would certainly go against his behaviour and affirmed beliefs in privacy to do so.
Would low key love it if he pulled a reverse uno and dropped an album though… at least we’d find out if he really contributed that much to folklore 🤣

• Haha

Rfl2018

Are you me? 😂 crazy how it always seems to be around the 6/7 year mark. I’m happy for you being in a healthy marriage now ❤
It ain’t called the 6 or 7 year itch for nothing is it 🤣

ETA: this whole thing is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth, when the tour started I was saying to my husband that I HAVE to go, like not going wasn’t an option, but now it’s a bit hmmm do I?? A bit too coincidental and with all this ice spice stuff, do they think we’re stupid?!

QueenBW

VIP Member
I have always thought the ‘I wake up screaming from dreaming one day I’ll watch as you’re leaving cos you got tired of my scheming’ was to the fans, rather than Joe.
Interesting theory, I can see how that could fit. But I think she knows her fans will stand by her through everything, cause basically they already have. And then we also have "I'll never walk Cornelia street again" and"please don't ever become a stranger" and "help me hold on to you" and "I would die for you in secret" and "I would always be yours cause we survived the great war" and countless others that I'm pretty sure aren't about the fans.

If someone had written those lyrics about me and less than a month since our split became public went on to date basically the antithesis of me, I'd feel slighted too.

I really want the next record, not re record, to get some clues from her version of the story.
---
That's why he definitely did something bad to her first.

He may be distraught and slighted but it didn't mention heartbroken.
But it's Taylor. She admits to being preemptively hurt/hurting back. How much of a bad thing did he actually do?

It's funny cause if she had wanted to, the split could have been quiet and bloodless but clearly she didn't want to, which makes her look scorned. Hell hath no fury etc.

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
The amount of people on tiktok acting like Joe is an awful person because of this new song… surely they must realise it’s just one persons perspective? I don’t think he did anything particularly awful
That’s exactly what she wants everyone to think though

UsernameOfDreams

Chatty Member
I wish I could un-hear Karma ft Ice Spice. It's terrible. Also, you can barely hear Ice Spice, compared to Taylor's vocals. It's a big no-no for me and will forget it exists.

She must really be head over heels for this Matty guy to be doing all this damage control on his behalf.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Taylor wins best ex, definitely. That man is sleeping well at night with the knowledge there isn’t any shade coming his way.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Of course Taylor’s songs are going to be from her perspective. Nearly every break up people tend to go through a cycle of feeling sorry for themselves and then processing it through the different emotions until they eventually reach a semi-mature place. I don’t understand why she is being criticised for writing a song about her break up from her perspective - that’s the only perspective she has and YLM sounds to me like it was written during the relationship which would explain why she wouldn’t release it as they were together still (again?). Midnights/YLM gives the impression of a very on/off ending to their relationship.
It’s not the song per se, but the reaction she’s trying to invoke from it. There’s a reason it’s coming out now, and that’s to send the hate Joes way instead of Mattys