Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I wasn’t going to comment on the Popbase tweet for fear of coming over as the Matty apologist of the thread- but I have to say they have 100% taken a really well put together piece of journalism and pulled out something for click bait / to stir the TS fans into further rage.

The whole point of the article is to articulate- and put Matty’s voice more prominently into - the conversations about his persona and the things he says and does. I think it’s fascinating that dating Taylor has pulled him into such focus with those who aren’t fans and I don’t ever think there will be a point reached where it isn't divisive. I think what I find strange in particular is he is not known in general in the UK for who he is or what he says, he's known as a frontman and songwriter in his band (and is loved and respected for it).

I've said before that I'll never sit on here and ask people to like Matty or defend what he has said. he is wrong for a lot of it and his choices on his persona/how he reps himself is problematic at best. However the article is a really good deep dive and Popbase is looking to get buzz/shares/click bait (successfully) which I think is a shame for the author. Matty is obviously deeply complex and a big thinker - as is Taylor, which is why I think they make sense together. He doesnt want to be understood by the general public as far as I can see and the article more or less states this is why he is how he is, publically. (that doesn't mean he doesnt cause hurt to others by doing so)

The thing I find odd is that Taylor could have dated him privately and quietly, and had her PR reposition him before sharing it. Which leads us back to- why is she choosing to be so bold about it? What does she want the fans to do? Or has she grown so arrogant that she thought everyone would just accept it?? I wonder what she thinks of it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

disneys

VIP Member
False God and Holy Ground as secret songs tonight. Holy Ground if my favorite off Red (I said what I said) 🥲
Oh my GOD MetLife are getting the best surprise songs what the heck !!!!!

I’m surprised she hasn’t done Welcome To New York though I have to say , maybe she saw all the TikToks of people predicting it and was like “you know what , I have a million songs with New York references in them” … doubt she’ll do Cornelia St though
---
I've always been a big fan of hers but I feel a bit silly now for defending her when people were talking years ago about how many relationships she has. To me it looked like a normal girl in her 20's going on dates and that people would never pass a remark on a normal person who had as many boyfriends as she did during that time of her life.

But jumping into this relationship with Matt Healy so soon after ending a 6 year relationship with Joe Alwyn is making me think that she doesn't know how to be single. I have a friend like this, shes always got someone else lined up when a relationship is ending (always claimed there was no crossover), thought she had changed her ways when she got married but during the pandemic she left him and straight away took up with someone else.

She obviously wants to get married and it seems like her only criteria is that they be British given her last few relationships.

I never would have thought that Joe would win this break up but.....
hmmm , I don’t think it was silly to defend her . The way her dating life was portrayed in the media from 2011-2016 was sexist and wrong . You don’t see the love lives of men being portrayed in such a way and it was a cheap shot people made at Taylor which was very infuriating ! I mean for Christ sake Nick Cannon has 12 kids with 12 different women and the media don’t come for him in the way they came for Taylor who had a normal dating life for someone in their twenties .

I think It is clear taylor likes being in a relationship and that’s why she has jumped so quickly into another relationship but I don’t think it’s fair to judge her on the speed of which she’s done this because we don’t know the circumstances surrounding the Joe break up . From “You’re Losing Me” , it sounds like Taylor likely mentally checked out of the relationship before it actually ended and maybe that’s why she was able to move on so quickly , maybe her and Matty are purely in a physical relationship and if so girl get it I guess ! I dont think it will be fair if the slut Shaming rhetoric of 2012 onwards returns !

though , we all know my thoughts on Ratty and even though I don’t blame her for seemingly moving on so quickly , I do wish she’d literally done it with anyone else on this planet . Even Nick Cannon would be preferable at this point , Tay - come on !

Last edited:

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Sorry I love Taylor but the marriage line in You’re Losing Me gives me mad “nice guys” vibes when you reject them and they’re all like “of course you don’t want to be with me, I’m so disgusting you deserve so much better” and then later call you the most grotesque thing you’ve ever heard because you rejected them 🤣 🤣

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230516-190157~2.png

Photo of Matty outside Taylor's apartment...

Has he blanked out some letters on a Land Rover hat to spell Lover?? Wtaf?

• Haha
This feels so set up !!! A pap walk of them leaving the studio , so they obviously want people to speculate that they are collaborating now too
It's actually embarrassing at this point, it's so obviously staged. After hearing nothing from her the last 6 years I am now having total Taylor saturation.

• Sad

emerald

VIP Member
Oh please. 🤣 why is her happiness always connected to the romantic connections in her life.

What a kick in the teeth to Joe 🙄🤯

This is giving 16yo in new relationship vibes.
This really smacks of the fact she seems unable to learn. The honeymoon phase of anything always feels great. It doesn't last. It's the oxytocin Taylor!!

inyo

VIP Member
I honestly think she’s the worst popstar to ever achieve this level of success. She can’t sing, she can’t dance, how she acts on stage is embarrassing, her songwriting is like Ruby Granger’s poetry, she was dating a minor when she was 22, and she still can’t give up the immature publicity stunts. Just dreadful all round

• Haha
  • Wow

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I honestly feel pretty bad for Joe for her sly digs.
I’m 30 and whilst I was immature about break ups when I was 19/20, I would never act like this now. It’s giving off high school vibes
'I didnt have it in myself to go with grace....'

I think he wouldnt commit and thats been the downfall. Taylor strikes me as the type who is never content or happy with what she has, everything has to be bigger or better or more. Not to say its a fault but she said it herself love is golden its not red, but she seems determine to ignore red flags. 🤯

Get therapy, concentrate on you bestie. There will always be another man, believe me.
---
This really smacks of the fact she seems unable to learn. The honeymoon phase of anything always feels great. It doesn't last. It's the oxytocin Taylor!!
Ha feel like our posts are almost identical.

• Heart

grannypants

VIP Member
I think she definitely had the hooded eye surgery and it really opened up her face, in addition to a nose job and very subtle lip fillers.

688D72C6-60F1-44F8-B42D-DDB122311D42.jpeg

Reactions: 18

Periwinkleblue

YLM: sorry but I cannot get past "getting tired even for a phoenix rising from the ashes mending all her gashes".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lyrically one of the most bizarre songs she has done.

• Haha

disneys

VIP Member
Midnights (Til Dawn Edition) with a new track , a remix of Karma with Ice Spice and a new version of Snow on the Beach with more Lana is out at midnight ….. lmao what

Also wasn’t ice spice someone Matty made comments about ?!!!

Also I’m pleased we can now stream Hits Different but an exclusive track on a CD only for those attending the East Rutherford shows ???? I’m sorry Tay , but that’s not cool

slugella

VIP Member
Would’ve could’ve should’ve was written after the Grammys. Most of the album was written with Jack Antonoff when Joe was filming in Panama in November 2021.

In other news, Joe alwyn is effortlessly winning this break up. He’s mastered the rise above and look unbothered vibe
I think he's handled it well. I like that he is not fame hungry when he could have really milked dating Taylor to up his profile. He probably did benefit with some roles from being with her/his name became more known but I think he could have definitely used the relationship to get more, e.g. being papped and building a brand for himself and it comes across quite chilled that he wasn't bothered by that.

However I do think Taylor must feel a lot more pressure to look ok and appear a certain way to her fans as her fame is in another universe to Joe's.

kyaraslife

Just shut your mouth, have all that (literally) dirty sex with Matty and be quiet. 🥴
I didn’t want to go there but I agree fully. I genuinely think Joe ditched a massive bullet.

Wonder what they are smoking for her to believe she is in the best phase of her life.

Like I have said before, we don’t know why the relationship ended. But the way she is airing her non existent dirty laundry is definitely frowned upon by any self respected human/man/woman.

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
I feel for Joe…and I am sick of the really devoted swifties who are now slating Joe and hyping up matty. I don’t why Taylor stayed with Joe for 6yrs if she hated being so private

• Heart