Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Since when has she ever spoken about how any of her relationships have ended though apart from in her songwriting? I’m sure we’ll hear all about it on the next album
I’m guessing you weren’t a fan in the Joe Jonas era; truly iconic

• Haha
Reactions: 17

grannypants

VIP Member
Hits Different - absolute banger, 10/10, should be a single. So happy to finally have a clear version to listen to 💓

Snow on the Beach - sounds good, nice to hear more Lana, her voice is like velvet. It’s hard when my ears are so adjusted to the old version though but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Why did they get rid of the ‘it’s coming down it’s coming down’ outro though??

Karma - awful. Ice Spice’s part doesn’t fit with the song imo, feels like it’s just been slotted in (which it has)

QueenBW

VIP Member
Would’ve could’ve should’ve was written after the Grammys. Most of the album was written with Jack Antonoff when Joe was filming in Panama in November 2021.

In other news, Joe alwyn is effortlessly winning this break up. He’s mastered the rise above and look unbothered vibe
Truly never got the appeal of him but now I'm like, "good for you, Joe, well done, cheers" every time I see anything about him 🤣

I still think his side leaked the breakup cause he was over it and that's cowardly but he's acting pretty mature now that it's done. He could be dragging her, taking easy pot shots at her, hinting at things, but he isn't. He's behaving the same as he did during the relationship, focused on his actual career.

Sorry if it's mean or not blindly loyal of me, but wish Taylor took a page out of his book.

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
Surely they spoke about marriage at some point and knew each others views on it? Do we reckon Joe was always had a “I don’t care about marriage” stance and Taylor thought she could change him and played down how important it is to her at first? Very interesting.
I think it’s totally possible Joe realised that Taylor’s behaviour hinted at in songs (jealousy, constant anxiety and fights based on that) wasn’t going to get any better with time and it doesn’t seem that she’s interested in seeking professional help for those issues

She always came off as an extremely tiring person to deal with in a relationship to me through her song writing though

QueenBW

VIP Member
Peoples parasocial relationships are scary. Yes, Matty sucks and Taylor is fully aware and still dating him, but were they really under the impression that she was a good person?
I love her music and have been a fan since ‘06. But you don’t get to her level of fame by being a good person.
Ultimately she’s never cared about issues unless they directly affect her.
I don’t think many A list celebs are truly decent people
She has indeed used both politics and charity to further her brand/image/career, so I understand why people hold her to a high standard.

If you're going to improve your image by finally being political and siding with LGBTQIA+ people and supporting Democrat candidates in races against Republicans, then it's going to be jarring for people to see you with someone that's made racist "jokes".

Taylor has donated to fans, funded medical treatments and stuff like that. Obviously it's all been a calculated move to appear a certain way, but it's made people believe her when she presents herself as a "good, girl next door" type. Even when logically she can't be a girl next door when she's Uber rich.

For me, that's the crux. She has financially and professionally benefitted from building her image a certain way. That's gotta come with strings and responsibilities. But she and the hardcore Swifties think she's above all that.

(Totally agree that parasocial relationships to celebs are strange as hell but when someone is so obviously crafting said parasocial relationships and also clearly benefitting from it, then I say, we have to hold them accountable at least).

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
Sorry I don't know the back story. . This guy on tik tok came up with the "shimmeeer" dance and then taylor adopted ut anc hasn't properly acknowledged or compensated him? Sorry kinda lousy
He did the shimmer thing and the song went viral bc of that. Taylor’s team contacted him and said can we use it on tour, in exchange we will give you tour tickets for any date of your choice - he said yes, Philly night 2. Months went by and they ignored/missed his messages about the tickets and he only received them yesterday when the video went viral.

I guess the issue now is a lot of people, including me, think he deserves more than just two tickets for one show - doesn’t have to be money but a bit more than something that is free for them to give away

• Sad

QueenBW

VIP Member
We might hear more from Joe I think. That "source close him" who commented on him being slighted and distraught... And also it was his side who leaked the split to deux moi.
Right but it'll continue to be rumors and unconfirmed and he has a lot less exposure. We all know there's been times when "a source close to the couple" or whatever has been wrong. Whereas she gets to say things to her audiences and write songs with Easter eggs on. Still nothing official but as direct as it can get without giving an interview.

I just can't see him tweeting or whatever the equivalent would be to telling a sold out stadium you're so mega happy, never ever happier, joe who?

It's funny, the more she does things like that the more I'm convinced she was dumped and with reason 😵💫
---
I’m on Joe’s side…Joe if ur reading this I’d make a great rebound AND I’d make you look so rich, you wouldn’t have to be the poor one any more!
I called Joe milquetoast the whole time they were together but this comment might be my favorite on this thread 🤣 manifesting it on your behalf, smudge126!

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
None of those relationships lasted 6+ years though. I'd have thought it would be different, too. Particularly considering she billed Joe as the forever love and wrote things like she wakes up screaming from dreaming one day she'd watch as he was leaving. I also would have expected a bit more reflection time before the train to Bang Greasy Band Leaders left the station. But did not factor in that Tay has to prove all she does is win, win, win no matter what 😜
I have always thought the ‘I wake up screaming from dreaming one day I’ll watch as you’re leaving cos you got tired of my scheming’ was to the fans, rather than Joe.

• Heart

kyaraslife

I know she has a lot of breakup songs in her back catalogue, but I think most of the surprise songs have hinted at betrayal at this stage, haven't they? Bar the obvious reason ones like best day, great war etc.
---

I don't disagree with you but I still think you're being a bit harsh. Taylor is more famous for it, definitely, but most song writers do write about current/past relationships and a lot of them are about other famous people. Miley Cyrus being a prime example, Ed Sheeran's Don't is about Ellie Goulding etc.

I think most people can appreciate that there are 2 sides to every story and 2 versions of the truth. Whether you think it's tacky or not, people should be allowed to share information on their own lives if they wish, for money or not. Is song writing worse than putting out a tell all autobiography? Or a blast type post on social media? Or the princess di interview? It happens all the time.

Last week it was big news locally when a woman put a post on Facebook saying that her well known estranged husband had been beating her up for years. Massive back story etc, and numerous opinions on whether she should have done it, but it worked (for her).

People are allowed to share stories about their breakups. They are allowed to make music and make money off it. Never said it was a problem.
With her, and her marketing team, the narrative is always portrayed to show her as the victim. Every. Single. Time. That’s what I have an issue with.

Before anyone comes for me about the handful of times she has taken the blame; I want to reiterate that this victim narrative and hypocrisy when it comes to her is what she has been riding on since her first public breakup.

We don’t know the real facts when it comes to any of her breakups. No matter what she says her fans will believe whatever she sings about and hints about. All of a sudden, the moment she breaks up with a guy/someone dare hurt a toenail of hers, she is able to influence her manic army (without saying a single word) to send hate/attack towards that person/party. Her subtle hints about her recent breakup is a prime example.

It’s manipulative and teenagery. Let’s not say that she is a saint and should not be held responsible for the way her ‘swifties’ operate. Let’s not say that she is not influencing anyone. This is the kind of fandom she and her team has created. Nothing of that sort is a coincidence. She is not just a songstress. People buy into the world she has created through her music and her personal life is what people are most interested in.

That’s what differentiates her from other artists who write about their personal lives.

The kind of influence, power and direction she has when it comes to tearing someone down publicly, shouldn’t be taken at face value. Its manipulated by her team to portray her as America’s sweetheart who can almost do no wrong.

• Heart

narcisxa

Matty and Taylor are interesting.

As we saw in Miss Americana Taylor felt she'd been prevented on speaking out on issues to protect her reputation. She felt she didn't own her own voice. And had been misunderstood.

Matty has been a PR nightmare and definitely feels misunderstood.

They have both started musical careers in their teens and created fictional versions of themselves to power song writing.

She's almost exclusively dated musicians. He's dated a lot of songwriters and performers too.

I can see them bonding over a lot of things. I can see how each of them feel "this person is like me and only this person gets what it's like".
100% this.

They’re both in unique positions and it is probably quite difficult to find someone who actually understands. If they make each other happy and help each other do/be better than who are we to judge.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Periwinkleblue

That whole Ice Spice speech is lies. I don't believe a word of it.

She's done this for one very obvious reason.

She thinks her fans are stupid. This is a real low and I think really shows the sort of person she is.

Also Joe looked amazing at that private dinner thing on Thursday....

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
She would have been aware of everything. It would have all been laid out on a table as a discussion point with Tree as soon as they got together. She must have just decided she loved him enough to deal with the backlash.
I refuse to believe she is that well advised (or that she listens to advice).

Examples:
Not releasing getaway car as a single
Me!
Bad blood video
Not releasing international tour dates
Amsterdam
Me!
---
They’ve known each other years and collaborated for midnights, so it’s not like they met 2 months ago and only just started talking.
Maybe. But it's not like they are coworkers who work in the same office and fell in love over the photocopier. It's not even like they produced a whole album together. We know her song writing process is fast and most of the collabs were pretty much fully formed before she approached the other artists.

• Haha

julixx

Chatty Member
More Joe photos...
(Lurker here, longtime TS fan, all I can say is after breaking up with my bf of 5 years in October, this is making me feel a lot better about how I'm handling it)

cannesjoe (1).jpg
cannesjoe2.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

disneys

VIP Member
I don't think he ended it now. I think his behaviour or lack of actual commitment pushed her to do it and then he possibly tried to get her back, or regretted it somehow. The line about running down the hall followed by pulse and you're losing me bit sounds a bit like realising someone was in danger or going to harm themselves and you running down the hall to save them but being too late.
I agree I think the lyrics of You’re Losing Me indicate she ended it . She’s wondering if it’s time , he says he doesn’t understand and she says “I know you don’t” , “do I throw everything out ?”

It honestly sounds like Joe wanted to stay in a relationship with her despite the fact they may have had issues and things may have been getting a bit stale , she felt like she was bringing the energy , he wouldn’t marry her , and so she called it in the end .

Quite honestly , it sounds like poor communication on Taylor’s part - assuming he’ll pick up on signs rather than actually having a conversation with him which you’d think by 33 she’d realise is not a great way to work in a relationship especially with a man who are notorious as a species for not getting hints and as another user said , rather than fighting for it she took the most extreme option as she always does and decided to run for it .

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Complete switch up from the Joe/Matty talk, do we reckon Taylor has had any work done?
I know a lot of people say she’s had her eyelids done but I can’t tell if she has or if makeup techniques are just better these days!
she’s definitely had her boobs done

ls240898

VIP Member
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I can see Taylor getting completely pissed off about this though 🤣
Definitely agree he was right here. I can see Taylor looking past the backlash but not being able to forgive the comments about her fake activism 😂

• Haha

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Her work ethic is madness. It’s only Tuesday and I’m knackered ready to quit my 9-5 and she’s touring America and recording inbetween🤪

• Haha
  • Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Why is no one talking about the miscarriage possibly referenced to in "Bigger Than The Whole Sky?"

Also, many relationships fall apart after a miscarriage.
I think it’s out of respect of not speculating on such a thing. A friend of hers who is quite open about the miscarriage she had has also referenced the song, suggesting it may be have been written for her