Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotDawg

VIP Member
It’s not the song per se, but the reaction she’s trying to invoke from it. There’s a reason it’s coming out now, and that’s to send the hate Joes way instead of Mattys
I listened to the song many times and I can see why people are blaming Joe but I read it so differently. I see her as describing the drift people in long term relationships often experience. She is clear she is communicating with her body language but not actually communicating her words and this is why he doesn’t understand.
Many of Taylor’s fans are young and/or immature and don’t really understand that relationships can fall apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

kyaraslife

Can’t wait for the midnight versions to wrap up. It’s exhausting. Come up with a new album or stay put Taylor.

emerald

VIP Member
Just… don’t buy them? I’m confused by fans who buy multiples. My adult sister owns everything ever licensed with BTS on it and I’m like, why?

No shade intended! I just don’t get the attraction.
It's less about being a completionist and having every new version, but many people pre-order albums or buy them on release day and that should be it. There shouldn't be new bonus songs released on the same album. You should be able to receive a complete album the first and only time you buy it.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I looooved You're Losing Me. I don't like the whole thing surrounding it and how it's still a petty thing of her to do but holy shit it's good.

I adored the reference to soldiers and war, since it's kind of like, yeah no, we actually didn't survive The Great War.

Mentioning his indecision also cements for me that they were on a break and he made it a breakup by having his people leak they were broken up. It really does seem like he took the coward's way out.
---
100%! But is that something that everyone would unfollow him over? I know making a point over them unfollowing can sound like I'm grasping at something petty but in such a public breakup where her fans are like FBI level for clues :ROFLMAO: it is a pretty big deal. I guess I was kinda expecting the song to be a bit harsher based on that, whereas I found it more sad and fed up/tired of it all than angry.

Why do I know so much yet so little about this breakup 😂
I honestly feel like people unfollowed her because Taylor told them to. Not necessarily because of something Joe actually did.

The way Taylor appears to be, she can take anything as a mortal wound. He might have said that he was tired of her just wanting to please everyone (pathological people pleaser) and she took that as an attack against her character. And she has indeed been that way.

It'd also explain the Matty Healy of it all. "Oh, I'm a pathological people pleaser? Watch me date a human petri dish and NOT CARE AT ALL that everyone hates him."

newtoyou

VIP Member
Not a fan of the new lover costume. It’s like they made it then were like “let’s add tassels and giant sequins!” Looks so odd and cheaper now 😅 the new evermore dress is horrible too.

newtoyou

VIP Member
This is classic Taylor, she always takes the most drastic option when something bad has happened. Writing SN alone when people doubted her, stopping dating after she was slut shamed, disappearing after her cancellation etc etc.

This time it’s “oh I had a private 6 year relationship where I never revealed anything bad about this man? Now watch me!” 😂

• Haha

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
Would’ve could’ve should’ve was written after the Grammys. Most of the album was written with Jack Antonoff when Joe was filming in Panama in November 2021.

In other news, Joe alwyn is effortlessly winning this break up. He’s mastered the rise above and look unbothered vibe
I love him! I don’t believe for one second he cheated!!
#TeamJoe

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
It's weird and I wouldn't do it but it's also understandable that people are upset about her dating someone that's been openly racist (doesn't matter if he was "joking" or being controversial on purpose.) We fans support Taylor with our money, our time. She's where she is in large part because of fan support, because we know critics haven't always been in her corner. So I get feeling like you're supporting someone you no longer know.

And that's the thing with her relationship to fame, her whole brand is based on herself as a person, not just an artist. And she built it herself. In a way no one else has done, not even someone like Adele who also writes autobiographical breakup songs. So I don't understand why people are surprised when some fans are now going "wait a second..." It's happened before. When she was apolitical, for example. Fans feel like they have a right to know everything, to have all access because she's given that -or what looked like that- in the past.

That's why I thought the approach she took in the Joe years was good. It was more "normal", not that she can ever be normal, but you know what I mean. But now it's back to the old days. Bring on more chaos!

If nothing else, my list of things she wears that I'd like to buy is growing massively. And from all this exposure to her, I might cut my bangs 🤣

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I would be really surprised if anyone actually believed it was a “vault” track and not written recently, it seems very obvious to me.

I feel conflicted about it - as a song and for lyrics I really actually like it but I can understand why it might be difficult to be in a relationship with her when she’s made it her life’s work to write about you, good or bad.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I’m back and too hyper to sleep 😅

I can’t imagine what it must be like seeing Taylor live because just tonight in itself was magical. Scream-singing her songs with a room full of other people felt so powerful and magical. Songs I usually skip were suddenly such brilliant ones to dance to. Absolutely amazing and everyone was just singing with everything they had. I felt every word.

Singing ATW10 in unison was like a religious experience, I actually cried haha.

Just so good. But really hot and I ended up taking my sparkly jacket thing off very quick as I ended up a sweaty mess 😅

• Heart

jedwad87

I think you’re losing me is a 6 year relationship getting boring for Taylor, having been in largely toxic relationships before, not really knowing how to handle stability that isn’t shared at top volume to the public. Expecting sign reading, exciting ‘heart starting’ of a new relationship 6 years in, plus asking for more publicity and marriage when the other person is both younger than you and super private is absurd. Their relationship hasn’t been denied at all by Alwyn, and as someone who’s super private, they’ve been pretty public so far, and I wonder if she wanted more. I wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor insisting that ‘their relationship and love is best when it’s private’ rhetoric was Joe’s all along and she was going with it, insisting she was fine with that when she’s not at all. I feel bad for them both tbh.

I sort of suspect that love aka any romantic relationship doesn’t feel real to Taylor unless it’s super PDA, public, discussed by the other person in open/gushing terms, and flaunted, so theirs felt boring in comparison and like it was just dying off slowly (see Calvin Harris, Harry Styles the first time round, Hiddles).

Attachments

JLXRD

VIP Member
Yes he’s an actor but let’s be honest, were he not dating Taylor the majority of us wouldn’t know who Joe was…. I certainly didn’t before they got together.

Also, maybe harsh but I don’t think he would’ve landed Conversation with Friends were it not for being with Taylor… the Sally Rooney/TaylorSwift crossover fans are probs a high number.

CWF was a flop compared to normal people anyway (even though I’m in the minority who prefer the book of CWF to NP). It wasn’t his golden ticket to being the next Paul Mescal.

I feel like he would still have his anonymity without Taylor as he’s not likely to make it super big now… maybe he thinks the same. I’m more inclined to think it’s not just the fame issue though and that things just weren’t working generally.

Proseccofiend2022

A little in 2016, after Kim K posted the audio of the conversation with Kanye, and people were calling her snake. She was overexposed with the whole Hiddlestone circus show and popular opinion was turning against her, and then she disappeared until Reputation.

ETA: obviously the hardcore Swifties never wavered but people who like her more superficially were over her.
I find it genuinely bizarre that people are actually THAT invested in someone's life. I don't know how celebrities handle it day in day out. I don't feel they should have a 'responsibility' to calm fans down, people genuinely shouldn't be that bat shit crazy that they start attacking someone based on a break up/who you're dating. Like, would anyone do that in real life? You'd probably have a bitch about it to your friends and maybe a few snide glares here and there but to actually attack someone to the extreme that these fans do? Like who actually cares what happened with her and Joe? Who cares who she is dating? Why do people think its OK to have such an opinion. Taylor is doing no different to what any human would do after a break up (who hasn't jumped on someone else straight away after a heartbreak?). I'm a huge taylor fan, have been since I was younger and her country singer days but I don't care 😂😂

Ps I didn't mean to add this to your comment, I know you're not saying anything that I've said. I'm just genuinely flabbergasted by the whole situ

Lilykins

VIP Member
I love Taylor but I think she likes the attention of fame and being on top too much to take a long break any time soon.
I think for her, the pandemic was kind of a break even though she still released music, and her actions recently have shown how much she wanted to be back in the spotlight
Totally agree with this - I think as much as taylor loves making and performing music, I also think she loves being famous and being on top.

Yel

Chatty Member
Taylor is going to absolutely hate being painted in this light (even if it’s true) and that Joe is getting to be the victim in the sitch. I’m wondering what unhinged passive aggressive response we’re gonna get?

Also stopped myself from pre ordering the other SN TV variant bc I just know signed ones will drop soon but as SN is my fave album I am struggglinggg.

Please can you all convince me I definitely don’t need the same album in 2 colours 😅😅😅
Save your money for a hat for the wedding!

Denise Welsh is already busy getting her outfit ready.

• Haha
  • Sick

smudge126

VIP Member
It’s not even about “being hurt by what Matty Healy said” or however he’s choosing to twist this, it’s about being angry and upset that someone who’s in the public eye, and for some god forsaken reason is absolutely adored by so many young people, is being so openly racist and misogynistic and perpetuating stereotypes and hatred of marginalised groups. Nobody should be saying this stuff, and they certainly shouldn’t be so fucking comfortable saying it.

• Heart