Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

allthemyths

Long time lurker here 💗 Nothing to add for the moment, only that I'm very happy to have stumbled upon this thread. I'm currently healing from a knee injury and have waaay too much time on my hands so that I'm only too happy to bury myself in Taylor's love life – for whatever reason (probably because it's more exciting than mine, duh).

One important question, though: why do I suddenly find Joe attractive? Why did it take the breakup for that to happen???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Polkadot123

VIP Member
Well done @secretyoutubelover

And for any newbies, this is not strictly a rave thread. It is mainly Taylor fans, but we will call the bullshit out.

Taylor is currently on her ERAS tour in the states.
And she may or may not be dating Matty Healy, lead singer if the 1975.

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
I have followed Taylor since Fearless (original version) and have enjoyed her music throughout the last decade. Never has it been this way, where I have felt secondhand embarrassment and disgust towards her, when it comes to her actions.

I had blindly bought her narrative when it came to

1. Joe Jonas

The reality: The 27 second phone call breakup was publicised by her unnecessarily on public television. When it was later publicly revealed that the phone call was not supposed to be a breakup over the phone but an explanation, and she hung up on him! and that was the end of that relationship.

2. Jake G

The reality: She aired the dirty laundry again in royal fashion when the 10 minute video came about. A complete production from HER perspective about how it all went down, and what a poor little lamb she was. The Swift army attacked Jake after a decade, for a relationship that lasted for less than 3 months.

3. John M

The reality - I don’t support abuse. However she is controlling this narrative by implying that she wasn’t of age to be taken advantage by him. Last I checked she was an adult when this relationship happened. Her feelings are her feelings, she is allowed that. But the meanings between the lines are painting her as such a goody goody.

The Kanye scandals, Scooter, etc: I am very skeptical about the versions we hear from her. I am positive those things happened, and it caused her a great deal of pain. However I don’t buy her narrative.

Even if I disregard everything above, the way she is behaving towards Joe ( if the relationship ran it’s course as per her own song) is outright disrespectful and vindictive. A mature human being cannot take that stance about a relationship they cherished for 6 years and would not purposely try to hurt their ex publicly in this way. That says a lot about her as a person.

As fans her age has matured with time, she hasn’t. Younger fans will surely adore her and buy these narratives, but I can see straight through it and it’s disgusting.

That’s my rant for today. I like her music and believe that Forklore was her best work. It was mature and beautiful. It’s truly sad to experience 16 year old behaviour from the same woman.

She shouldn’t have made her personal life her job to THIS EXTENT
Nothing to say on the rest as yes it’s very much her narrative is the final word, but on the Kanye thing she was definitely telling the truth as the full 27 min phone call got leaked back in 2020

Merpedy

VIP Member
I've seen people point out that she's not a reliable narrator for a number of reasons, including that she wants to control the narrative and songs are her way of doing that when it comes to breakups

mendelsz

The surprise songs for tonight were Should’ve Said No followed by Better Man, if that isn’t an attempt to put a narrative out there idk what it is lol.

• Haha

disneys

VIP Member
This 100000x over. I really struggled to understand where people were coming from when they said certain songs were ruined/hard to listen to after the split. I assumed maybe that’s just the younger folk or less experienced in the love game folk, because I never hear any song and initially thing or feel who it’s about to the artist. Even the more specific songs like invisible string, that fits with how things went down with me and my partner so even if some of the lyrics don’t fit, it still reminds me of him. Heck even Last Kiss doesn’t make me think “ah, Joe Jonas.” It makes me think “lol remember that first bf I had that I thought was the end of the world when he broke up with me”. I thought everyone listened to music like this, but especially with the re-records and Midnights I noticed it seems the current generation of fans are obsessed with figuring out who the song is about instead of just enjoying it.

Exactly !!! What’s special to me about Taylor is her songwriting and how she was so relatable to me at every age and life stage I was at . Her songs to me aren’t about her and her long list of ex lovers (😆) but instead they mark chapters in my life . I can’t listen to Never Grow Up without thinking about my first day at university and my parents dropping me off . I can’t listen to You Belong With Me without thinking about the boy I pined for who worked in the local pub but had a girlfriend when I was in my early twenties . I can’t listen to happiness without thinking about my best friend driving to my house and sobbing on my sofa after her fiancé left her .

Now don’t get me wrong I absolutely love gossip hence why I love hanging out on this site and I love listening to gossip podcasts and reading blind items so of course I am interested in what happens in Taylor’s personal life and what glimpses get about her various antics through her songwriting . But I don’t assign deep meaning to the people who those songs are about . I think “interesting” , and then move on to how I can relate to the song myself . (Is that bad ??? 😆)

I think people forget Taylor isn’t a character in a story , she’s a person . Her job is to entertain audiences through her songwriting and performing , not her personal life . Feeling bereft because someone you don’t know ended their relationship with someone else you don’t know is the height of parasocial behaviour . And I know in some ways she has brought this on herself , but I think perhaps those who feel robbed by Taylor’s breakup need to look at the reasons why .

• Heart

Periwinkleblue

Its not the collab I'm calling out but the completely over the top speech where she claims she has never met anyone like Ice Spice, that throughout her tour preparations she listened almost exclusively to Ice Spice songs, that it was her dream when Ice Spice asked to collaborate (when its not really a collab at all). That's fake as he'll.

It strikes me that she perceives the relationship was dying when maybe it was just out of the honeymoon phase?

I am all for if a relationship isnt giving you what you need then dont stay in it but I truly believe dating Tay Tay would be hard work. Thats not me being misogynistic but she is not easy going. She is highly strung.
I think you are so spot on here.

All relationships become ordinary at some point but there is a beauty in that too. I think she is constantly chasing something and I'm not sure she knows what. I can imagine her becoming bored and seeking reassurance from Joe via flirtations with others that he eventually just got tired of.

The lyrics from Bejeweled always stuck out to me and I know they weren’t necessarily about Joe (although I do feel in at least part they were) "And when I meet the band
They ask, "Do you have a man?"
I can still say, "I don't remember"". They stuck me as kinda manipulative, threatening and immature even on my first listen months ago before this break up. I love the song but I distinctly did not like those lines!!

She would no doubt benefit from therapy (like every single person on the planet) to understand herself more.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
This is classic Taylor, she always takes the most drastic option when something bad has happened. Writing SN alone when people doubted her, stopping dating after she was slut shamed, disappearing after her cancellation etc etc.

This time it’s “oh I had a private 6 year relationship where I never revealed anything bad about this man? Now watch me!” 😂
To be honest I don’t think this song reveals anything bad about him. They just weren’t right for each other.
I can imagine being in a relationship with Taylor would be exhausting.

grannypants

VIP Member
Yeah, they’re not vault tracks. They’re just songs she’s releasing for - fan speculation… revenge… more money… all of the above?!
Yep 100% and the fact that the vault track is called ‘You’re Losing Me’… she knows exactly what she’s doing. There is no way this song was written for Midnights, it’s just an old song that never made it to a past album so she’s pulled it out of her arse for the ‘vault’.

why am I so angry lol I just want international dates Taylor

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I mean when it's your sell out show you can say what you want. Weird people would try and monitor what she can say at her own shows.

Matty was dating 3 women November to Feb non exclusively and was pictured on deux moi. Gurl in interview quoted above wasn't his exclusive girlfriend. He frequently since November at shows referred to being single...suspect the temptation to get her name in the paper on the back of publicity overcame her accuracy.

Question? Could well be about Matty and could have been planned as a duet (pretty obviously when you listen to it).

I think it was a duet but as things developed she realised it couldn't go on the album as one.....hence her reference to the "happy memories" she associates with a song that's only been out 6 months and hasn't been performed live before or had a video shoot.
I don’t think anyone is trying to control her speech, we’re just allowed to have opinions on it.
She said it because she knows people will talk, she’s full on stirring that pot

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The more I see the reactions the more I feel like she has carefully controlled this narrative to play the victim.
Ultimately she’s the one who’s moved on very quickly, and she knows that looks shitty on her end. On top of that she’s dating a highly controversial person so she’s trying to direct the backlash at Joe again.
Ultimately he’ll be the one to win, as Taylor swift is the Peter losing Wendy in this scenario. She seems incapable of growing up.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I think no matter what happened and lets face it we will never know. If Joe cheated, if Taylor cheated, if the relationship just broke down there is no good reason for the public 'im the happiest Ive ever been'

If he cheated its giving Ross Im fine vibes. If she cheated/overlap its giving, what I did was justified because Im happy.

Just shut your mouth, have all that (literally) dirty sex with Matty and be quiet. 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick

Clojo92

Long time lurker first time poster - Hi!

I think this is a rebound relationship and she or her team are calling the paps - probably in ‘revenge’ to Joe. You can’t go anywhere online without seeing her. I’m a firm believer that Joe split up with her.

QueenBW

VIP Member
The way I nearly spat out my drink when I saw this 🤣
I laughed, but like, she's not wrong? Why risk upsetting your fanbase, which admittedly is the reason why you're still making music, and your image for some probably very mediocre D sprinkled with controversial, racist shit?

Whenever I see him and think of how they're dating, I think of this line from Gilmore Girls that Lorelai says: "Ok, 'cause if you decided that you really did want to date Jess, I would help you … get vaccinated."

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’m not sure whether it’s been discussed as these threads move semi quick but for a possible timeline of when the two started seeing eac
IMG_3912.jpeg

I wonder how her PR team is going to live this whole mess down given Marty’s racism and everything else

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19