Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
As for Snow with more Lana, sorry but if they believe the song was meant to be like that they should have released it like that the first time. I kind of hate the manipulation of fan disappointment here.

Reactions: 23

ls240898

VIP Member

As if Ice Spice, an up and comer, is going to request A-List Taylor to scrap a collab - just doesn’t work like that. Ice Spice probably signed her life away with a contract for the remix.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
The only song that is a little sad to listen to now is “dress”

“flash back when you met me your buzz cut and my hair bleached…”
I never listen to dress. Never play it in my house. Because my 11 year old boy swiftie LOVES listening to her songs and learning the lyrics. He has no need to know this song. 😂

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Seems chaotic when you don’t know the whole story. We don’t know the whole story. There could have been cross over in the way that she could have been speaking to matty but nothing started until the break up. They could have broken up longer ago than we realise. Joe could have been a bad person or maybe Taylor is just a bad person and she was cheating. We don’t know.
Regardless of what happened, her actions are those of an overdramatic teenager.
The surprise songs hinting at being wronged, all her friends unfollowing Joe, the comment on stage last night… she knows exactly what she’s doing, and what reaction it will invoke. It’s very calculated and very childish

QueenBW

VIP Member
Does anyone listen to Caroline O’Donoghue’s podcast Sentimental Garbage? Her new episode is an analysis of Midnights and they discuss the idea that Midnights is telling the story of Taylor and Joe‘s relationship coming to an end. They have some good points, would deffo recommend a listen if you’re interested

A fellow swiftie sent me this earlier today and like, their points are well taken, I just don't believe there was so much anticipation to the breakup.

First, because of how she's acting. That's not someone who knew for a long time the end was coming and even had time to do a breakup album pre-breakup.

Second, the first couple of weeks she was still singing Invisible String. And sure, there are tons of songs she wrote about other exes, but the fact that she swapped out Invisible String after the breakup thing came up means something. To me it shows she was still in the relationship.

Third, The Great War. She really thought they were over every hurdle and forever.

I just don't think she had that much time to process the breakup, honestly. She seems to process through writing post fact not before.

Anyways, it was a fun listen, just wish there had been a transcript 🤣

Reactions: 22

JLXRD

VIP Member
I don’t think the song even paints him as a bad guy though?

It paints a picture of a relationship gone stale, neither of them want to admit it and when she tries to bring it up, he won’t acknowledge that it’s changed and buried his head in the sand.

Like they both wanted it to work but he didn’t want to admit there were issues, and she couldn’t ignore the issues any longer. No villain just a very familiar story for many breakups. The only bit is the ‘I wouldn’t marry me either’ which is really like a knife to the heart and like I said, feels like her quoting an argument they had had.

I think it could work really well as a duet with a male counterpart doing the ‘Youre losing me’ echos.

veevee04

VIP Member
I'm actually a taylor fan but she's stuck as a 13 year old girl mentally relationship wise. She's 33 it's time to deal with breakups maturely she was with him 6 years. She should show some respect towards Joe , not straightaway releasing a private song and jumping into bed with someone else. Joe looks absolutely devastated, she needs to grow the fuck up.
She could have dated discreetly and waited to release the song she obviously wasn't that hurt.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
'Give you my wild, give you a child
Give you the silence that only comes when two people understand each other'

This to me says I dont really want to but I would. On the children front.

Also lol at the second part, when Youre losing me is you dont understand me.

I havent actually posted since listening to it. It made me feel a bit ick tbh. I gave you everything, and you were indifferent to me. As Ive said before she is deeply insecure. Her love language is definitely words of affirmation. Its clear it is when she is constantly striving for more awards and accolades.

It strikes me that she perceives the relationship was dying when maybe it was just out of the honeymoon phase?

I am all for if a relationship isnt giving you what you need then dont stay in it but I truly believe dating Tay Tay would be hard work. Thats not me being misogynistic but she is not easy going. She is highly strung.

• Heart

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
Yeah, they’re not vault tracks. They’re just songs she’s releasing for - fan speculation… revenge… more money… all of the above?!

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
It’s completely off topic but the way people are absolutely fangirling and turning it into memes and t-shirts what Taylor said to the security guard during Bad Blood just makes me realise how utterly bonkers the fan base can be. They’re scary at times!

smudge126

VIP Member
When this fling ends in a few months it’s going to be messy…
And if she thinks she’ll have the last word I definitely think she’s met her match with this one. He’s every bit as petty as she is, and a whole lot messier. I hope it doesn’t, but I can see it dragging on and getting pretty nasty.

kyaraslife

I honestly think she’s the worst popstar to ever achieve this level of success. She can’t sing, she can’t dance, how she acts on stage is embarrassing, her songwriting is like Ruby Granger’s poetry, she was dating a minor when she was 22, and she still can’t give up the immature publicity stunts. Just dreadful all round
I think it’s ironic that she slams John Mayer for dating her at 19 (she was an adult who chose to date him), while conveniently leaving out the fact she dated an underaged boy who wasn’t legally old enough to choose.

This is what’s insincere about her.

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
I’m going with Joe wanted to settle down and Taylor didn’t and he ended things.

The whole “I am the happiest I’ve ever been” comes across so weird… so she was happier now than she was writing all these love songs about Joe? Nah it seems weird to me…

When this fling ends in a few months it’s going to be messy…