Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I think she says that she did give everything but I hear some self reflection in that song. She repeats that she was trying to tell him in her body language and actions and references that she did everything but actually say the words about how she feels.

There are other songs where she details her short comings in her relationship (The Archer and Afterglow).

That said, I do agree with others that she is not mature at all. She very much is frozen in time from when she became famous and that must be hard to live with in terms of being in a relationship with her.
See, that's the thing. She could definitely be accused of playing the victim in YLM but it's the first definitely-about-Joe song where she's really been critical of him at all (false god maybe, but even then not even). She's self-critical in a lot of other songs about him (those you mentioned plus daylight, me!, Lover, peace, the great war, end game etc). It's maybe a case of the analogy in Tolerate It - use my best colours for your portrait.

I get that she does 'play the victim' in a lot of other other break up songs, but we don't know how much of that is true. She could well have been the victim 100%. There are a lot of shitty men out there.

Reactions: 3

Luce0331

VIP Member
Yes! I liked Lover okay when it came out, I really liked a couple songs, didn't love any, didn't like Me! Or Lover themselves. But upon relistening or through things going viral on TikTok, I've rediscovered some and now love Cruel Summer (ofc), Death by a Thousand, Daylight.
---

Only because her PR team wouldn't let her, cause the way she's acting isn't exactly displaying 15 years of growth in maturity.
Yup exactly. So I don’t know why someone complained about her ‘silence’, what do you expect 🤷‍♀️

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Yes! And sure, we won't ever get the full on readout of what happened, but she continues to give hints, clues which will only get worse when she releases the next og record, whereas she knows full well Joe won't give his version of events cause he actually does value his privacy, and isn't just pretending like apparently she was. So we'll always only have her version of events and she knows this but continues to act like she's a teen with a brain that isn't fully developed yet.

I love her songwriting and think she's a great artist and force to be reckoned with, but this is all very weird to witness. Real-time age regression.
We might hear more from Joe I think. That "source close him" who commented on him being slighted and distraught... And also it was his side who leaked the split to deux moi.

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
Saw someone say that Sweet Nothing was written about Taylor's Mom. Gaylors are like ostriches, head buried in the sand.
I’ve seen this before and while I don’t think it’s true, it’s a really beautiful way to reimagine (most of) the lyrics for that song, and (mostly) works as a reinterpretation :)

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Yes, that’s a very interesting take that I hadn’t considered. It is the first time she has been (openly) critical of him; she had him on a pedestal throughout their relationship. That wasn’t healthy.

I see the song detailing a relationship falling apart and poor communication but I’m aware I could be projecting my own experience of relationships.
I forgot the parts where she's called him poor and depressed, in fairness. But that's not criticism. It's sympathy.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
Regardless of what happened, she’s come across as chaotic at the moment. Girl needs therapy yesterday
Seems chaotic when you don’t know the whole story. We don’t know the whole story. There could have been cross over in the way that she could have been speaking to matty but nothing started until the break up. They could have broken up longer ago than we realise. Joe could have been a bad person or maybe Taylor is just a bad person and she was cheating. We don’t know.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Update: bestie has still only played one extra song from Reputation 😭
So… on clock from ‘the man’ video, rep is next. Maybe this is why? Maybe that’s the next re record she is announcing and will be doing so on the tour so is saving surprise songs for that?

tellmewhy

VIP Member
What songs did he collab on??
They’re unreleased
---
The surprise songs for tonight were Should’ve Said No followed by Better Man, if that isn’t an attempt to put a narrative out there idk what it is lol.
If he has cheated and she’s staying silent while her fans say ‘we miss joe’ then she is a better woman than me. I’m glad she gets to at least hint through songs.

Lilykins

VIP Member
THE funniest tweet you will ever read about the Taylor/Matty thing. What a total performative tw*t. 🤣 (Beware, it's a long thread).
I can’t believe the time and effort this woman has put into something like Taylor’s personal life, who even is this Holly?!

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I’m going next Saturday!! Mine is 9pm - 1am 🤣 this is going to be a huge shock to the system haha. But I also can’t wait, one of my first / only proper nights out since I had my son, and not even my husband is coming so I can just be my own crazy self 😂

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
A friend that works with one of Mexico's big concert venues claims Taylor is going to Mexico City in August but I feel like tickets should be out by now in that case?
I read online that artists are taking longer to announce dates in areas like Mexico because the exchange rate is so bad that they could end up losing money/incurring more costs if they announced it too far in advance? Not sure how true!

I am still standing by her doing South America and Australia before she comes to the UK/Europe