Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em28_

Chatty Member
See tickets and ticketmaster are the same company here aren’t they? They definitely need competitors in the market because it’s not fair that they are able to control the market the way they do.
I had loverfest tickets so I’m hoping for a really strong presale, not just anyone who’s filled out a form on the website
Are they!? I didn’t know that if they are. I hope presale codes are given to LoverFest ticket holders then to people who pre-ordered Midnights before the people who filled out the online form 😬

Reactions: 3

julixx

Chatty Member
Ahh I'm sorry. 💕 Break ups are the worst! I broke up with someone after six years a few years ago and it was so hard, even though it was for the best and kinda mutual, I still struggled a lot. Really glad I didn't have to live that out in front of the world while on a global tour. :oops:
Thank you! 💖 It's truly one of the hardest things things no matter who did the breaking up or what the situation was. I can't imagine having to put on a happy face for the tour but I guess she gets such a hit of euphoria from performing and is a bit of a workaholic. Got any advice for me (and Taylor...) on what helped you heal the most?

• Heart

cowggirl

I’m pretty sure it was written in November 2021. Vinyl pressings are on a six month back order, so it would’ve been completed by March.
I think some of the 3am tracks might’ve been written later, which is why they weren’t available on vinyl
I might be remembering this wrong but didn't she say she started writing tracks for the album with Aaron like the day after the 2021 Grammys

Folkevermore

VIP Member
As an international fan I am starting to get a little peed off at the moment. We’ve had to wait ages for a good quality version of Hits Different, now this new exclusive song to NJ shows which we probs won’t get a decent version of until god knows when (I know most the US will be the same with that).

We’ve had to sit and watch endless coverage of the Eras tour with no international dates in sight (even though in the UK we all pre-ordered the original Midnights album on the promise of pre-sale for non-existent dates). On top of that, we’re getting an email from the UK store every 5 mins asking to purchase yet another vinyl/remix/merch.

Maybe I’m just being jealous and impatient but it really is TIRING always rooting for the anti-hero.
Hits different has always been available in the U.K., I bought the cd with hits different on release day from HMV

tellmewhy

VIP Member
Toe 💀 💀 💀 💀

I agree! We don’t know what’s gone on but we can see and comment on what we’re being given to us publicly. And since it’s a gossip forum it’s not exactly out of place.
It’s not out of place but people saying we shouldn’t slate Joe or feeling sorry for him and the whole thread feeling like it’s slaying Taylor, I was trying to restore some balance 😂
---
She’s at the height of her success and I think she believed she had already reached that point with 1989. It’s not a surprise she’s the happiest she’s ever been and if matty is a part of that then good on her!
Seemed to me like she was settling for the bare minimum with Joe and trying to convince herself that she wanted a calm life and didn’t want all the conventional things like marriage and children because it wasn’t happening for her.
The woman wrote getaway car, I think she would know if this relationship was exactly that. I honestly see this as being something that has been simmering for years and if that’s the case then I’m happy for her!

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Guys I have to admit something…..I feel I owe an apology to all the lover-stans out there. Since it came out ive only ever been lukewarm about it as an album, even quite disparaging at times. I blame my first born and the disgusting nausea I was experiencing in my first trimester when it came out. But of late I’ve started listening to it again…. And I feel my eyes are finally open - I see what people who love it have been saying and honestly it’s for the most part a banger of an album - some really solid and brilliant songs on there! I’ve decided though where it falls down is it’s too long and for me there are 3-5 songs that if you took away it would be near perfection. Think her label didn’t want to go against her and like a novel needing an editor, think lover would have benefited from pruning. But anyway I’m really enjoying listening to it! This is exactly what happened to me with reputation 😂.
Yup!! I agree, and I’d cut a couple of songs too but I listened to it basically on repeat for like 2 weeks recently 🤣 and it’s so good! But yes.. too long, and some weaker songs on there but so many good ones! I think it’s up there as one of my favourite albums.

I’ve tried with Rep and other than a couple of songs I still don’t get it, so maybe this is the next one due to be reinvigorated for me if I listen to it enough…

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Hits different is good but doesn’t add much, SOTB not a fan at all but I don’t like the original either, Karma is... fine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Azalea Banks of all people calling out Matty Healy over dating Taylor Swift was most definitely not on my 2023 bingo card. I forgot she even existed (lol), how was she not cancelled into oblivion.

Blondie needs to hurry up and release international tour dates, I had a dream last night that ticketmaster kept kicking me out when I was about to buy the most amazing seats 😭. Do we reckon she’ll still go along with TM after the USA palaver or if she figuring out a different way to sell and that’s why it’s taking so long?
I’m hoping they’ll be available on a variety of platforms, I’ve never had much luck with ticketmaster. I usually go with gigantic

newtoyou

VIP Member
I mean I never imagined her dating a raging racist and moving in with him less than two months after she announced the end of her six year relationship, but that happened 🤣
Minus the raging racist part, the moving on that quickly part didn’t surprise me 😂 I guess I don’t think she’d do anything unplanned that would change her career plans. Even in her oddest relationships, it never took her ambition off track 🙂

Btw has anyone seen this article on Matty, I didn’t read it but looks like jacks given a new quote to try and back him up

JLXRD

VIP Member
Hmmmmm the videos of SSN surprise song last night def make me think she’s trying to tell us something…

• Sad

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
‘And I wouldn’t marry me either, a pathological people pleaser’ almost sounded to me like she was quoting him. Like in an argument he had once called her a pathological people pleaser 😬

The more I’ve listened, the more I love the song. Wish it was on streaming already!
Yeah I think he has (or it has come in between them). But I don't think that's necessarily the reason for the unfollowings. It's not enough. Something else has happened imo (not necessarily infidelity and whatever it is will likely be revealed in another song, lol).

Reactions: 2

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I'm assuming by appearances you mean concerts cause she did have appearances at the CMAs, SNL, etc.

I always took the Miss Americana comment to be more about societal pressures and expectations. Because she says something like "I want to be here while I'm still allowed to". There haven't been many artists who have managed to stay super successful into their middle aged years.

I personally think Taylor could go the distance and even with a lower profile, because she is already THAT famous and she has the whole obsessive clue searching and the songwriting too. But I guess it's one of these things where we'll never know cause she'll always go back to courting the media.
She could and I hope she’s always releasing music but I’m just not sure if she will. She’s been doing this the majority of her life and I just wouldn’t be surprised if she decides to take a long break at some point. Maybe retirement was the wrong word because I do expect she will be releasing music for a long time and I can’t imagine her not doing anything.

Reactions: 2