Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AbnormalFrog

Chatty Member
She was happy to share how they met, how the relationship was...now her complete silence leaves me with Closure issues.

Yes. To me it matters what happens because I hear the songs differently now.

I'm actually upset about it all. I know that's ridiculous. She's only human. But she does monetize her love life....there are two key channels in the brand: the music and the personal life.

Being silent on what went on with Joe after selling the dream of finding the one is disruptive
I'm not trying to be a dick but this is honestly a bit much. 'Closure issues'? Girl what. Taylor Swift doesn't owe you an explanation over what ended a relationship. And certainly not one she barely ever acknowledged publically.
It's actually kind of concerning you see her 'being silent' as, well anything really.

If she doesn't want to address anything with Joe publically then she shouldn't.

Imagine anyone that doesn't know you complaining they don't know any details of your relationship breaking down.

Reactions: 26

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The amount of people on tiktok acting like Joe is an awful person because of this new song… surely they must realise it’s just one persons perspective? I don’t think he did anything particularly awful

Reactions: 26

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I personally think she wrote You’re Losing Me in the last six or so weeks since the breakup went public. It’s not a ‘vault’ track, it’s a knee jerk production written and I think it shows (sorry to everyone who loves it!!!). I’m sure it includes a lot of reflection she’s had over time, but I really doubt this has been written around the time of Midnights or workshopped with anybody.

Reactions: 25

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Oh please. 🤣 why is her happiness always connected to the romantic connections in her life.

What a kick in the teeth to Joe 🙄🤯

This is giving 16yo in new relationship vibes.
I honestly feel pretty bad for Joe for her sly digs.
I’m 30 and whilst I was immature about break ups when I was 19/20, I would never act like this now. It’s giving off high school vibes

disneys

VIP Member
Anyone else a happily married woman and screaming at the top of her lungs “I WOULDNT MARRY ME EITHER; A PATHOLOGICAL PEOPLE PLEASER” 🗣

• Haha
  • Heart

kyaraslife

All of this is so money grabbing. It’s bizarre that her *Swifties* have been conditioned to support her no matter what.

It’s seems so calculated that she is publicly acknowledging the artist who MH targeted the racial slurs at. Adding that she is ‘one to look for’😂

Joe is coming out on top by just being silent.

disneys

VIP Member
Being silent on what went on with Joe after selling the dream of finding the one is disruptive
I mean , if I’m honest I’m not sure what you want from her ? A statement ? She hasn’t publicly addressed a breakup in over a decade , the last time she did was with Joe Jonas when she was 18 years old . She was never going to release a statement - she’s not an influencer who was going to put a notes app screenshot on insta stories (pretty sure Tree has banned that kind of approach to addressing scandals since the Kayne stuff kicked off - LOL) .

I’m sure we will , as we have with previous relationships of hers , get snapshots of her feelings and what went on with Joe on TS11 . But she is never going to fully tell the world what happened . All we know from her relationship with Joe is what we’ve heard through songs . She’s never said “hey yeah so I met him at the Met Gala , I was with Calvin Harris , through you were gorgeous and instead went off with Tom Hiddleston … but then I dumped him , realised it wasn’t right and we made it official the following September” . This is all stuff we have worked out from song lyrics in songs like Delicate , Getaway Car , Cruel Summer , etc and from photos that were taken at the time . She rarely spoke publicly about Joe and when she did it was in reference to the songs they wrote in lockdown or vague inferences to her relationship . We don’t know what happened for certain . We have just painted a picture based on her song writing , which we must remember may not be the most reliable as she’s controlled the narrative , it’s her side of the story . We have never known what’s happened for certain .

Honestly the parasocial relationship some fans have with her is scary . She doesn’t owe anyone an explanation about what happened to end her 6 year relationship , or even confirmation that it has ended (which we’ve had by the way , just via her team and to the press) . She’s made a great brand for herself as being friends of her fans but this is the downside , people think she owes explanations or that we can influence her personal decisions and she doesn’t and we can’t .

Also , I understand the feeling of being sad that they’ve over , she wrote some lovely songs about him and I do think she loved him dearly . She didn’t “sell a dream” about him , she wrote honestly about how she was feeling in the relationship at that time . And yes it sounded dreamy because it probably was for a time , and they were likely very in love and thought they would end up together forever . But sometimes love isn’t enough sadly . Taylor doesn’t owe anyone an explanation just because the song Lover is about Joe . She encourages fans to adapt their own meanings to her songs and not to focus on how they relate to her life , so do that instead . I’ve been with my husband for 10 years and he saves his dirtiest jokes for me , and at every table I’ll always save him a seat . To me that song isn’t about Taylor and Joe , it’s about love in general and it still gives me hope , does that make sense ?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member

As if Ice Spice, an up and comer, is going to request A-List Taylor to scrap a collab - just doesn’t work like that. Ice Spice probably signed her life away with a contract for the remix.
Ice spice is making smart career decisions, it definitely doesn’t mean she doesn’t have any problems with the situation.

disneys

VIP Member
Oh my gosh the TikToks I’m seeing about this song !!!

People saying “when you’re in a 6 year relationship you shouldn’t have to communicate !! They should KNOW why you’re upset” 🥲

My husband isn’t Psychic Sally ffs - of course I have to tell him if something’s on my mind ! He might pick up on a vibe that I’m upset or angry but he likely won’t know why unless I’ve said ! Taylor is teaching these young Swifties that communication in relationships is not necessary and they’re eating it up 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24

kyaraslife

She’s again trying so hard to control the narrative it’s painful to watch. Ice Spice’s part in the song sounded so out of place. It didn’t belong there.

I have said this from the beginning of time. She isn’t someone who writes about her personal life. Her personal life and it’s events have always been her JOB.

I hope Joe stays quiet. Someone’s personal life shouldn’t be broadcasted like this: Especially when she dated that person for that long and knows he hates the limelight.

What a lousy human being.

• Sad

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I think Joe is a nice guy and I was happy they were together. But I personally find him so boring 😂 I know I don’t know him, but I look at him or watch an interview and there’s nothing I find exciting about him. My comment isn’t interesting or needed but I wanted to just mention that 😅
Boring men are so much better than problematic men though, plus he looks like he showers

• Haha
  • Heart

velvetn0mates

VIP Member
the kids talk is so outdated!! im sure she may have frozen her eggs already, she's almost a billionaire!! jennifer aniston is 54 with no kids. stevie nicks is 75 with no kids. and so many more incredible women live a happy and fulfilling life without having kids. even if you look at the women who Taylor grew up around with a similar fame situation. miley is 30 with no kids. selena is 30 with no kids. even at 29 in Miss Americana she stated she wont be having kids soon.

buttheyneverblindme8

The Karma remix is the worst thing she's released in a long time.

And it does seem a little performative that Ice Spice is on there given what Matty's said about her, either that or the sickest coincidence. It's the sort of thing that Taylor would do, tbh.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I'm a bit baffled by the defence tbh. I saw you said it was gross and not funny, however following that with the "but its the format of the podcast" sounds like an excuse for what he said. He has said very hurtful things and letting people hide behind the satire excuse is just pretty grim tbh.

And yeah Taylor knows him but plenty of racist and awful people still have relationships, so her dating him doesn't necessarily mean the accusations are unfounded. I would be put right off someone if they made the comments he has.

A lot of people seem to be saying they're so shocked she's with him when she is so passionate about equality etc. I wouldn't say Taylor is really that vocal about feminism/equality issues etc, it all seems quite calculated on how it will help her brand rather than her actually wanting to raise awareness. Which is fine, not every celeb has to be an activist. I'm not saying I necessarily think she's racist or anything but just a bit surprised that people see her as someone who is outspoken about racism etc.
I think the fact that he would even try to make “jokes” about such things speaks huge volumes of who he is as a person.

emerald

VIP Member
The more I think about it, the more concept of Vault tracks for an album that isn't even a year old yet annoys me. Even the 3am version was a bit much IMO. I don't know why you (as an artist) wouldn't just release the final album as a complete product and be done with it. If that makes it a 22 track album, so be it.

I know the answer is just "money" but still.

Reactions: 23

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Ultimately if you’re a very famous person you have to accept that people will have comments if you choose to date a racist.
Idk why shes expecting a free pass on that one. Are POC supposed to just accept being insulted and degraded as a ‘satirical joke’? Let’s be real Tay.
And as far as I’m aware he’s never apologised to the people he’s offended

disneys

VIP Member
At least there won’t be a song this time about how another man stole her girlhood/womanhood.
I feel like this comment is extremely flippant and invalidates her experience a bit . WCS is a very emotional song about an abusive relationship , it’s not like it’s a whiny breakup anthem . Making comments like this implies you think her girlhood wasn’t stolen by a much older man who took advantage of her when she was 19 … not a great look 😬 other users on this thread may relate to these songs and have suffered similar abuse , so making jokes about the lyrics is in poor taste imo

• Heart
  • Sick

emerald

VIP Member
I agree it’s a newly written and recorded song and it will create further speculation. Taylor needs to know when to take a break…

I’m also a little worried the vault tracks has now become a problematic response to the original hype. It was so smart for Fearless TV and of course Red TV, because it gave us ATW10MVTV (still makes me laughhhhh) but I think the huge and uncontrollable hype around ATW10MVTV (just let me have one more turn with the acronym) has inflated Taylor’s head massively and turned the vault tracks into an imagined necessity for each album… even if that means there were never vault tracks to resurrect !
Vault tracks make perfect sense for decade old albums. On a new album it's less "vault" and more "gym locker".

• Haha