Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Regarding her not saying anything bad about him per se, there is that final blow line. I know people assume infidelity as the main bad thing something can do, but it could just be that he was said something awful to her (maybe he called her a pathological people pleaser).
In Taylor Swifts own words:
“You know there's many different ways that you can kill the one you love. The slowest way is never loving them enough”

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Great thread title.

To be honest, the end of Tay and Joe has reminded me what I used to dislike about Swifties and the press’ relationship and speculation with Taylor (and how she manipulates it). It’s all so dramatic and yet somehow manages to be so boring.
I already miss the days where we (meaning fans, not Tattle) basically took invisible Joe for granted and picked apart Easter Eggs.

disneys

VIP Member
Imo it was just them saying they’re sick of those kind of songs. People are allowed to not like them just as much as people who like and relate (I like WCS but I can understand people not liking it, especially following on from the conversation a few pages back about it all)
There is a big difference between not liking a song and attempting to make light someone’s abusive experience in my opinion . If the user had said “I don’t like WCS , it’s not a song for me!” then I would have taken no issue as of course people are entitled to their own opinions and not everyone is going to like anything and that is down to a matter of taste and personal & preference .

But it was the mocking of the lyric “give me back my girlhood it was mine first” which I had an issue with . Many people who have experienced SA at a young age or felt like someone took their innocence from them find this a very impactful lyric . The flippant comment that we wouldn’t get “anymore songs about her girlhood being stolen” makes it seem like taking a pop at someone expressing themselves after experiencing an abusive relationship is fair game .

People on this thread reading this may be scared to report an incident or leave a terrible relationship and comments like these enforce the idea that women say this stuff for attention , that they shouldn’t be believed , and imo it’s a dangerous line to walk , whether it was meant innocently or not . I don’t imagine the user meant it to be construed like this , but I hope they can see how it might be taken as such and why people may feel they were invalidating abusive and coercive relationships . (Although they did “vomit” react to my previous post so this may be wishful thinking !)

I may just be sensitive as I experienced something when I was 15 which makes me relate to this song . I’d urge anyone to always be mindful of what others have gone through when making flippant and throw away comments about other people’s abuse .

Just because of what happened with Taylor and CK , doesn’t mean she was not abused at 19 by John Mayer (allegedly) . Those things are not mutually exclusive - abuse is abuse . Abusers can be abused too and her experiences and the experiences of others should not be invalidated .

Last edited:
  • Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
Listening to the song it sounds like he broke up with her and definitely didn’t want to marry her before that. All those songs about marrying with paper rings etc 💀 girl -

• Sad

Merpedy

VIP Member
apart from the ‘pathological people pleaser’
I've seen people call her self aware for this but to me it just feels like her playing the victim tbh

If it's something Joe said to her - she's simply including it in a song, but she has also recognised it in the past I think meaning that nothing has changed. It also plays into the whole "I did everything for you" narrative that I personally find iffy because the discussions around it would be very different if the roles were reversed imo, especially with the power dynamic at play

smudge126

VIP Member
YLM: sorry but I cannot get past "getting tired even for a phoenix rising from the ashes mending all her gashes".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lyrically one of the most bizarre songs she has done.
I’m so glad someone said this! It’s a lovely song but I could do without the word “gashes” in any piece of music, especially a poignant breakup song

kyaraslife

I’m unfamiliar with Matty but I will take your word for it and I will confidently say that he is vile. Before I was like “he looks messy, he looks like a bad boy and Taylor seems to really have missed a bad boy, so I get it. 🙃” But I don’t know how you tolerate and accept a racist, so I don’t want to understand Taylor here. When it comes to jaylor (or toe is now the proper name to use? 😅), I agree that we don’t know what happened. But I couldn’t ignore the “I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in all aspects of my life.” Like that was fucking embarrassing 🙈 She sounded v desperate and for whattt
She definitely had a good dose of bad boys before she settled with Joe.

She is 34 this year. It’s embarrassing that she is still going through this phase. She has regressed truly. Also I sure hope she washes her mouth with Lysol after kissing him 😂🤮 It’s a train-wreak I can’t turn away from 😂

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Maybe I'm just a grinch but I am so so sick of the special sad girl / from the vault / extra / bonus nonsense! Why can't an album just be an album? Does it all just come down to money now?

I've been a Taylor fan since 2006 and I don't think it has always been like this?! Something has really changed
Nah she’s ruined this by shoving out 20 odd remixes of each song with nothing added. I can’t get excited about these new Midnights songs now.

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I get what you're saying. But maybe releasing this is her way of just shutting the speculation down, because there would just be soooo much of it until her next album.
Doesn’t this just create more speculation though? Everyone has been dying over just the title announce, now we’re all streaming the song on social media and there is mass global analysis. If Taylor wants speculation to stop, her PR could put out a short confirmation statement about the break up and control the narrative that way. Sadly I think she wants to win the break up more than she wants to stop the conversation, and she wants her fans to ‘see her’ and stop being mad at her for dating Matty. That’s just my view! But I just don’t buy that she doesn’t want to stop all the stories flying around about her and Joe.

bellbells16

VIP Member

This is such bad form. I know he’s now gotten his tickets but he had to publicly call them out. Also would have expected him to get a meet and greet with Taylor. Not a great look.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Minus the raging racist part, the moving on that quickly part didn’t surprise me 😂 I guess I don’t think she’d do anything unplanned that would change her career plans. Even in her oddest relationships, it never took her ambition off track 🙂

Btw has anyone seen this article on Matty, I didn’t read it but looks like jacks given a new quote to try and back him up

I knew there was a reason I liked Aaron dessner more

Lilykins

VIP Member
The “he even comes with a phone!” comment in the doll video cracks me up every time it resurfaces. So chaotic and petty and I ate it up at the time 🤣
‘So he can break up with other dolls’ 😂 I loved how 18 year old Taylor didn’t give a fuck!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Taylor is a deep thinker the same way “Live. Love. Laugh” is the new Beatitudes, and she couldn’t date him privately because that would defeat the point of dating him altogether. She is that girl in high school who would “pretend date” her gay friend for the mutual benefit of boosting their respective street cred, and spend all their time alone together devising strategies to make people believe they are fucking. It’s hilarious to see that for all her success and for all her money she is forever stuck in the same teenage mentality.
Not to mention she can’t piss of Joe if he doesn’t know she’s dating someone

tellmewhy

VIP Member
You’re losing me is so sad. How a relationship can go from writing songs like lover and daylight about someone to then write that. I can really relate and I think she wrote that for midnights but didn’t want to use it because they were still together when it came out. Shows they were fizzling out for a while though so it’s not surprising she was ready to move on so quickly

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I will say I don’t think Matty would be cruel to anyone who is a different race or gender or anything. I think half of the stuff he says he’s trying to be edgy and start stuff like an internet troll… which obviously there’s still no excuse for. That kind of “humour” you expect off a 15 year old on voice chat. Not a 34 year old man.
He’s being very cruel in my eyes by broadly saying anyone offended by what he says is “a bit mental” (even if he didn’t intend it to come out that way he’s basically said any POC finding it hurtful and racist is mental). It takes no more than 2 seconds to think before you speak, he should have learned that by now.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Oh damn. 💔

I kind of didn’t want to like it and felt really cynical about her putting it out (still do a bit) but… oh man. Damn you Taylor, she does know how to write a song doesn’t she.

• Heart