Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pencilpen

The whole TAFS podcast is supposed to be satire/politically controversial but not seriously/one big bit.
I don’t think it’s funny in the slightest and think it was a huge fail on his part but most peoples examples of things matty has said or done wrong are being taken from that one podcast. He has said and done a lot to speak out against homophobia/sexism/racism and I’m just choosing to trust that Taylor wouldn’t be with him if he was the character he played in that podcast.
He should still know better than using his platform to speak about it even if it is a 'joke'. No one is perfect of course but people can say what they want it's how they act imo that's important. I dunno we don't know who she is as a person at the end of the day, just the persona she chooses to share with the world.

Reactions: 16

disneys

VIP Member
I sooo think he cheated . I think she’s had issues trusting him before - The Great War makes it clear he betrayed her trust at some point , and folklore has a lot of songs with themes of infidelity for someone supposedly head over heels in love is strange to me . I’ve seen all sorts of TikToks saying it could’ve been his ex , but I have no idea how true that is . But imagine dating TAYLOR SWIFT of all people and cheating on her ???? Madness !!!!

I also think her friends wouldn’t be unfollowing him if he hadn’t done something ! The fact Ryan Reynolds unfollowed him and didn’t he write an article about Joe saying he was an up and coming talent or something ??? So clearly they were close 😬

Merpedy

VIP Member
if it were reversed and Joe was doing this sort of thing the Swifties would be out for blood.
It doesn’t even have to be fully reversed, people were convinced he had cheated just because he’s possibly friends with a woman

cowggirl

Please don't come for me but I would've hardly known the lyrics if she played those two surprise songs ...

mendelsz

Matty is at nashville!
561294A9-B252-4C1C-8DA0-1658E87D76D8.jpeg

Yup! And he flew straight from Manila too, not a short flight.

People are saying they’re just friends and The Sun found out he was attending the concert so they embellished the story. I highly doubt Taylor would still have him attending if there was nothing going on since it would obviously be seen as a confirmation.

This is, at the very least, pr for a project they working on together, definitely not something casual at all.

• Wow
  • Sick

Lilykins

VIP Member
I hate all this looking for signs and counting up any little thing in the hope it makes 13. And Taylor herself has encouraged this behaviour!

grannypants

VIP Member
It is surprising how public this relationship is, especially when we know that Taylor can keep relationships under wraps if she wants to. Makes me think that maybe she missed the headlines when she was dating Joe? Maybe she secretly likes the thrill of everyone speculating 🤷‍♀️

ls240898

VIP Member
Still boggles my mind that Chris brown can actually physically abuse someone and still sell out shows.
Any celeb or real life person I see supporting him, I immediately get the ick. Wasn’t just a one time thing either 🤢

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Swifties will insist it’s “PR” (what) or “trolling” until they can’t anymore and then they’ll all fall in line and say they’re happy for her and/or good for her for cheating if she wasn’t happy, etc.

Personally I feel really grossed out. The obvious timeline of what’s happened here and the cruelty of certain things is beyond offputting.
I agree, I feel icky about it and as much as I love her music the more that time goes on the more I feel a bit more questionable about her as a person. All the pettiness / drama at age 20 was one thing but now I’m over it.

And it’s annoying because I do feel it’s overshadowing the Speak Now announcement!

smudge126

VIP Member
Off topic but had to post cute Taylor moment - my 3 year old has just started getting into music, remembering lyrics and singing along and today she wanted a dance party in the kitchen and told me to play ‘that’s what people say’ mummy 😂 (meaning shake it off of course!).
My now 16 year old became quite obsessed with Red when it came out. One morning, whilst eating breakfast he gazed off wistfully into the distance, sighed and said “mummy, did you know that love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right?” The drama! 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
The other side of the door has made me so sad! What I wouldn’t do to scream that outro with Taylor.

i am still believing she is gonna reset for each leg - it’s hardly fair that america is getting fan faves whilst Europe could end up with the Christmas album
At this rate I'd be happy with the Christmas album.

Taylor - release some dates. Please. Fuck Joe. He doesn't OWN this part of the world. More people in the UK like you than him. Come to Dublin too btw. Meet a nice Irish man. You know you want to.
---
Happy Hi Fidelity day everyone!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

slugella

VIP Member
It's the fact that she has been treated badly and wronged by so many men in the past (in different ways), and he will have known how hurt she was from this. She gave him several chances to leave and he didn't take them, so she thought his love was real.

I know he was the lead in a (tiny) film before meeting her, but he'd still be 'Joe Who?' without her. She has treated him to a life of absolute luxury (that none of us can really even envisage the scale of), made him her muse, put up with his complications, got him a Grammy, introduced him to so many connections.

If I was Taylor I'd much rather be portrayed as a psycho than a fool.
But similarly, her wealth/connections/benefits to his career would be awful reasons to stay with her if the relationship wasn't working. His wealth will be nothing in comparison to hers but surely he has enough to live a comfortable enough life anyway.

I'm SO nosey I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of her dinners 😂 I'm still not convinced he did something terrible. Even if it just is that he decided to call it quits when she didn't want to/they had arguments could be enough for her friends to be unfollowing him as if she's hurt and they're getting her side of it they might just want to show their support that way. But this could just be because I don't want to think the source of many amazing songs turned out to be a massive disappointment haha. She is very media/marketing savvy and definitely has the upper hand so she def has the power to spin the narrative I think. Especially as I don't get the impression he's someone who will start spilling details over social media etc.

If she was wanting to stay together and thought it was forever I feel super sad for her - heartbreak will still hurt the same even if you do have an A list "squad", money and fame.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Deuxmoi had a sneak peek of her podcast and she claimed she got the scoop that Taylor is dating Matty from someone that's confirmed to be a celeb.

If true this would definitely make me think less of her. He just gives unkempt, dirty vibes plus the whole racist shit and wasn't he going around making out with unsuspecting fans as recently as February?

I'd get it as a palate cleanser of sorts after Mr. Milquetoast but "madly in love"? Eeek, let's hope not.

ls240898

VIP Member
She has aligned herself with problematic people in the past though not in such a direct way eg the song for WTCS being written by Delia Owens who I believe is very problematic?
Youve gone easy on her here!
Directly:
David o Russell - Amsterdam director and p*do, sexual assaulter
Lena Dunham - MeToo denier and general woman hater, Taylor was bridesmaid at her wedding 💀

I know no one is perfect but wtf! All these things are confirmed too, not just rumours