Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I'm genuinely confused why any of you seem to think Matty Healy would be particularly good at sex. Is it the rock star thing?

Boak, boak, boak.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Have you guys seen this: https://news.sky.com/story/why-are-...mystery-book-with-no-title-or-author-12877441 Why are Taylor Swift fans ordering a mystery book with no title or author?
Because they have absolutely lost it! I can't imagine a world where people like that Ginnie and Steven Sully live where every last thought is consumed by Taylor Swift. Yes I love her as an artist, and think her songwriting and singing is the best ever, and will only allow her songs to be played in my car, but the levels some of these people go to is insane.

Sometimes I worry we could have another John Lennon situation on our hands with the obsession people have with her and linking every mundane action back to her.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I absolutely agree that the whole thing was awful and I understand why people are outraged by it but I’m just saying that I don’t believe that is the person he is so using that podcast to create his whole personality isn’t accurate.
I see similarities in them in the sense that they’ve both stopped using their energy to change the narrative, because at their level of fame, the next controversy is just around the corner but also they don’t have to. The 1975 are still selling out huge shows and Taylor is the biggest pop star in the world right now, people haven’t stopped going to her shows since the news came out. No one knows either of them but they know each other better than we do.
How do you know this isn’t the person he is? The fact that he feels comfortable enough to joke about such things just shows he doesn’t give a shit about minorities.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Let’s also not forget, this would be Taylor’s father in law…

I can’t get mad about it, and people who are are just odd. I like Matty, I like Taylor and all in all they can date who they want. Who are the general public to tell a superstar who they can and can’t date? Unless you’re a Gaylor and actually a crackpot.

View attachment 2149535
I don’t think people are trying to necessarily tell her who to date and not to date, but it’s easy to understand why people wouldn’t approve of him considering some of the shit he’s said.
Ultimately this is a gossip website and it’s kind of the whole point.
I love Taylor’s music but her taste in men does make me think a bit less of her sometimes - like if you’re willing to date someone who’s morally a bit lax, then it raises the question of what kind of person you actually are behind closed doors.
A lot of swifties are POC and I can definitely see why it would make them uncomfortable

Reactions: 17

slugella

VIP Member
Taylor’s love life will be analysed for years to come, cos there are sad people out there who are obsessed with who she’s dating. Get over it.
?? This a gossip site.. which you're also signed up on, also posting about famous people. Who she's dating has become tied up with her music as she references it so much, so not surprising it's something people talk about.

QueenBW

VIP Member
This is so sad bc if it was a “normal” person they’d be “allowed” a rebound and to date as many people as they like
I mean, she's allowed. But people - fans, the opposite of fans, media - will talk. Just like most friend groups do talk when one of their own is doing something surprising, strange, interesting, out of character, whatever.

Also, I can't help but think she's spinning this and enjoying it. We know she can be private. We know she can go ages without anyone taking a single pap shot or writing a story or leaking a rumor. So if the rumors are being leaked, the stories are being written, the pap shots are being taken, I can't help but think it's because she wants that. Which brings its own set of questions and gossip of course 😜

Meowsy

Or maybe at heart, she is still a high school mean girl with squad mentality who rounds up her flunkies to unfollow anyone who falls out with her, and stages fauxmances to make herself look loved up and happy. Crazy, I know. Just throwing it out there.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I like her music I don't think she's superhuman or amazing as a person really, in fact quite the opposite in many regards. Of course it's up to her to date who she wants, but she's choosing to release little snippets and teasers and be photographed with him so evidently happy to be associated with him, surely she should then be prepared for people to comment. I also agree people grow and change but people I'm friends with wouldn't have ever posted racist or stuff that questionable even when young.
The amount of people who seem to be super forgiving of racism on here is a little disturbing to me

• Heart
Under the circumstances I think it would have been difficult for Taylor to please anyone entirely - she had four completely untoured albums by the time this kicked off, and she would have been ignoring *someone's* favourite if she'd skipped any. I think the Eras approach was the fairest compromise she could have devised, otherwise she'd have been touring non-stop for the next 5 years to fit everything in.

Although I also freely acknowledge that if by some miracle I do get tickets when she comes to the UK, I will be sad not to hear some of my faves performed live 😅

disneys

VIP Member
Does it? Feck. I've thought it sounds so much like me when I'm in self destruct mode (quite often hormonal). Doesn't happen often but I can have a go at my hubby for breathing wrong.
I get vibes like this from it too . It’s her burning things down because she’s self destructive but her love is still there in the afterglow of her attack . Kind of feels like a softer The Great War !
I suppose the “tell me that you’re still mine…” bit can come across as a bit needy and insecure though .

Also , ladies and gents , after ranking Rep as my lowest album in all rankings for years and for it being the reason I stopped listening to Taylor from 2017 - 2020 (sorry lover 😬) ….. I think I’m now becoming a rep girlie . I love it , it’s all I’ve listened to in the last few days

• Heart
If this is true, then I honestly haven't been so embarrassed for Taylor since that ridiculous showmance with Tom Hiddleston back in 2016. I know she's only human, and just as capable of making mistakes as the rest of us, but jeeeeeezus 😣 I really thought she'd learned

Folkevermore

VIP Member
It's more that it isn't any of my business to care who Taylor Swift dates.
This is a gossip forum, of course we’re gossiping about it. Every thread on tattle is not really anyone’s business but we’re all still here anyway 🤷‍♀️
Why are you here if not to gossip about people’s terrible life choices?

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I don't think the mass unfollowing necessarily means Joe did anything bad. It might just be a way for Taylor to confirm the rumours without actually having to say something directly.

Not saying he didn't do anything wrong, just saying I don't think we know either way. I feel kinda bad for him though because the Swiftie fandom can be very intense towards anyone they perceive to have wronged Taylor. I hope he's got good people around him.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Taylor can bang who she wants, but if they are genuinely together I feel sorry for her having Denise Welch as a mother in law

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
@secretyoutubelover it's been discussed some here, I think more so last thread if you are curious. I personally don't see it.

Yes, there are songs that hint at issues in a way that only really make sense in hindsight but to say that they'd been broken up since then feels like a stretch to me.

Not to mention that there's also Sweet Nothing, which sees her be as in love with Joe as ever. Mastermind. Lavender Haze. And the 3AM section has The Great War, "I will always be yours, cause we survived the great war." And Paris. In these songs she writes of him as someone who truly sees her and loves her and accepts her.

Weren't they seen together post-Midnights release holding hands and stuff? ETA they were seen at least on October 19 together, she's smiling.

She also spoke in present tense about their relationship when talking about Lavender Haze in the run up to Midnights' release and the Lavender Haze music video had Easter eggs about them, like their zodiac constellations together and stuff.

In Anti-Hero she's talking of her fear of it happening, she's talking of waking up from nightmares in which he leaves. That's not the same as saying he's left. Maybe the writing was on the wall and she was holding on.

If we are official, the last line of the actual, official, 13 songed album is "cause I'm a mastermind" 😂 which fits perfectly. The 3 AM songs are absolute bangers (most of them anyway, ew glitch) but if we're going for the official album cut as intended, it's mastermind that's last.

Lord I need a hobby that's not Taylor gossip 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16