Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Oh god I don’t know if this is going to be a popular opinion but those of us who lived through 2016 as Swifties and survived will get me …. Does anyone feel like this Matty thing is the start of a pattern of chaotic behaviour from our fave that’s going to end in a spectacular fall from Grace ? 😬

I think I’ve seen this film before and I didn’t like the ending … was top of her game after 1989 was released . came out of a long term relationship , clung to the nearest lips , then the world cancelled her ! I know the kayne stuff wasn’t her fault but she also made some other questionable choices around that time that were …. Anyone remember the Nicki Minaj Twitter turf ? That was a hard day to be a swift fan 😬

I’m just worried she’s going to do something , get involved with someone , and have a fall from Grace again and I just …. Agh maybe I’m wrong but it feels like history may repeat itself
It's definitely giving deja vu with the overexposure (last time I mentioned this, I was kinda told off but it's true from where I'm standing), the model squad being back, the questionable romantic decisions, her courting drama just to stay on the front pages/for you pages.

I really thought we Swifties were past this. I thought she would finally be recognized solely for her talent and not for her personal drama, with the last three new albums being so strong lyrically and especially with folklore veering off the autobiographical but now people are saying even Cardigan is about Matty (how, why? but actually don't tell me cause it'll ruin the song for me).

And once more, her amazing, once-in-a-generation talent is being eclipsed by all her romantic bonfires that she actually fans herself. It's boring and she's better than that, which is why it's sad that she's courting drama so obviously. And yeah, she's allowed to date whoever she wants, but a) fans are also allowed to talk about it and have negative opinions and b) this isn't her being the victim of the evil, evil media that's out to get her or of Kanye West being the asshole that he is or whatever happened last time. She's actually playing the pap game and the rumors game, and I just don't get to what end, when she'll definitely come out losing because there's nowhere to go but down when you're that high up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

QueenBW

VIP Member
We live in a time where it's hard to separate art from artist, and there's the whole question of if we even should. We're consumers first and foremost, and Taylor knows this more than most artists (hence the million remixes and merch and all that). So we're allowed opinions on the things we purchase. And currently, everyone in the entertainment industry is a product. Taylor herself has built herself into a brand. You bet we're going to discuss it when the brand goes off brand, and you bet it could have repercussions.

No one is saying she's a saint, girlie obviously has issues and should be in therapy if she isn't already. But this is a gossip forum and we'll gossip.
---
Clearly he’s not racist
"Clearly". Clearly how?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ls240898

VIP Member

---

If she’s into British men, can she try her luck with Henry Cavill or Sam Heughan. Matty Healy is gross and she could do so much better.
Henry Cavill is also pretty gross, he prefers his girls on the younger, sometimes teenage, side 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I know no one is accusing him of being an abuser. That wasn't my point.

My point was that hopefully after such an awful relationship she found someone nice, which would indicate he isn't what his public performance persona suggests.
Even if it is a public performance, mocking Chinese and Hawaiian accents and making jokes about Japanese people in concentration camps is probably a bit too far really.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Getaway Car just started playing at the soft play I’m at with my 18 month old 😂 most unlikely place I’ve heard Taylor yet, but I’m here for it.

Don’t mind me kids, I’ll just bop in the corner…
---
Omg now they’re playing Wildest Dreams 😅 the person on reception must def be a Swiftie! Best soft play ever 😂

Now OOTW!! Sorry everyone for narrating my soft play experience but this is very exciting 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Yes going from "I'd marry you with paper rings" and the vows in lover to the feminism in Lavender Haze never made sense to me.

I am pretty convinced Joe was dragging his heels on this and so it's all gone tits up. Who cheated on who or wtf has actually happened is unclear/messy af.
Yes so if the feminism in Lavender Haze is how she truly feels why does she care? Also if she’s deeply in love with Matty why would she dig at Joe? Like surely Matty would be pissed on that comment if it were and if in fact they are together?

This is all just making no sense. I know we aren’t entitled to answers on her life but the mixed messages are odd.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I think the fact that Irish people are often portrayed to be stupid is why he shouldnt have said it.

Weve all heard the 'going about that Irish' as a phrase.

If an Irish person finds it offensive, its offensive 🤷‍♀️ not up to others to police that or say its not how it was meant.

• Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Swifties will insist it’s “PR” (what) or “trolling” until they can’t anymore and then they’ll all fall in line and say they’re happy for her and/or good for her for cheating if she wasn’t happy, etc.

Personally I feel really grossed out. The obvious timeline of what’s happened here and the cruelty of certain things is beyond offputting.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Not only is she reminiscing for re-records, she also seems to be the sort of person who never lets anything go. Like, ever 😉 Maybe most of us wouldn't still be talking/writing about an ex from 10 years ago, but she would.

According to Deuxmoi, a source told her Taylor is "reverting to her 1989 ways" super model posse included. Sigh. She did warn us it was exhausting always rooting for the antihero, but I guess not as exhausting as it must be being her, seemingly always cycling back to old, not exactly healthy ways of coping with relationship drama.

That said, here for the chaos, here for the fashion.

On a totally selfish, first world problem: I'm devastated that I had found the heart earrings she wore to dinner one of the times she was papped but waited til my payday and now they're sold out...

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I feel a large majority of Taylor Swifts fans feel they know her on a personal level and should jump to her defence/rescue over any decision she makes. It’s all a bit weird imo
This. 100%.

Even more worrying is the amount of adults doing it. I think Taylor Swift knows exactly what she’s doing and what reaction this would get when it came out, she doesn’t need to be protected or defended by anyone as she’s a grown woman who can make her own choices.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I get the impression that their relationship was a lot rockier than most fans realised, despite it being hinted at in her music, songs that were once thought to be about others may have been about moments in her relationship with Joe. So not over officially but Midnights hints heavily that they were nearing the end and she knew it.