Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Matty Healy is a loser. He’s the kind of guy you might have a crush on when you’re 23 and don’t know any better. Most 30-something women would see right through his whole schtick.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Lilykins

VIP Member
Still boggles my mind that Chris brown can actually physically abuse someone and still sell out shows.

• Angry

OtherMoon

VIP Member
If this is true it's giving me massive Tom Hiddleston on 4th of July vibes, it's like she has to have weird self destructive flings between relationships!

If this is true she's going to have to wrap his mother up in a ND so tight she has to deny he's her son and they have never met, that woman has a gob as wide as the channel tunnel.

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
It's judgmental, I know, but to me, it gives off codependent and attention seeking vibes to start dating someone and go public with them a month, three at best, after a breakup with someone you publicly wrote about as the love of your life, together forever, etc.

Sigh. I'm hoping it's a rumor and she just lets herself be single. She really does love her getaway cars...

QueenBW

VIP Member
If there's even a modicum of truth to this, and if they do go public this weekend, then it's very much damage limitation on Taylor's part here, in that she (understandably) doesn't want to look like a mug where Joe is concerned (the cheating wee prick that he obviously is).
I feel like Matty Healy is the opposite of damage control 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I think we all just forgot that Taylor can be messy AF. The whole Calvin/Tom/Joe thing in 2016 was pure chaos!
This. I think people forget what she is really like and the fandom (particularly new fans) have got used to a certain air of mystery and dignity from her

All I keep thinking of reading all these rumours is

“It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero”

• Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Not to help him out as such, but iff there was no animosity in the break up though, and she’s actually moved on first, it doesn’t seem right that he would be getting so much heat over Emma? (Over essentially nothing as well?)

Idk I feel like if she wanted to keep that narrative that he’s such a bad guy, she should’ve kept quiet about her and Matty? We know she can keep secrets if she wants to.

I just don’t get how her leaking her getting with Matty is her painting herself as a victim. It doesn’t make sense to me as a pr strategy bc frankly it makes her look like the bad guy to me and like she potentially cheated rather than Joe 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit: unless it was purely to piss Joe off? But I can’t see Matty wanting to play into that either sooo… the whole thing seems very messy.
It’s not done for PR, all this is simply because she wants to be with Matty Healy and that’s that— this is a girl who has been famous and catered to for most of her life and for the most part she just does what she wants to do. She also constantly romanticizes her own actions. As for Joe, Taylor loves to ruin people. Been a fan/follower of Taylor for like 15 years now and it’s taken a while for me to accept that about her. No doubt her younger or newer fans will not see that. She perceives everything as this kind of weird battleground where people are either against her or with her. Joe is going to become another enemy and I knew from once the breakup was announced that she would perceive something as a betrayal of her and set out to end him. I figured he must’ve done something but couldn’t understand some of her actions. It’s only in the last few days that it’s become clear why she’s done certain things.

It’s frustrating to see fans deny or deflect because they will undoubtedly end up accepting and cheering on what she does anyway.

• Heart

polkamoon

Chatty Member
I feel a large majority of Taylor Swifts fans feel they know her on a personal level and should jump to her defence/rescue over any decision she makes. It’s all a bit weird imo

Reactions: 22

bellbells16

VIP Member
IF they are together she definitely cheated on Joe and they’ve been together a while. You don’t do a big PR roll out for a fling or something that’s just starting. She could keep it quiet if she wanted. If they’re dating, it’s not new.

And agree with what some people are saying, I love Taylor and have been a fan since Fearless but she always likes things to be on her terms and loves to be the eternal perfect victim. It’s a flaw, we all have them.

If it is a PR thing for a song/collab, I’m sorry but it’s tacky af and is potential backfiring.

Just kinda surprised that she spent so long justifiably complaining about the attention around her relationships and now she’s majorly feeding the beast. As I said earlier, weird vibes. I honestly have no idea what’s going to happen next….but I’ll keep watching!!

slugella

VIP Member
Keep skirting around what fans keep pointing out, which is that he is a horrible person with revolting views. Taylor has purposefully stoked her fans to come out with flamethrowers against men who she claims have wronged her (she performs a song every single night mocking the dissolution of Scooter Braun’s marriage and has dropped mocking references to his wife being cheated on in several songs now), and has purposefully drawn upon proto-feminist/social justice language to do so and to turn people against them. But of course when Taylor wants to take up with someone who hurled vile racist insults towards a woman of colour in the industry it’s “I can’t read suddenly”. Or no sorry, it’s now... misogynistic?… To point it out? Lol.

Acutally I know what will happen. It will take Matty screwing over Taylor and Taylor putting him on blast for fans to suddenly go insane wanting to tear him down and any woman that associates with him in the future.
As much as I think Scooter deserved being called out, some things Taylor does like the mocking of the cheating and even how her and the squad went all mean girl to Katy Perry does put me off a bit. I think we can all be petty and do bitchy things sometimes but where is the line when you have as much fame and power as Taylor? She knows her fans are rabid when they think Taylor is calling someone out. It's why the Joe stuff made me feel bad for him, as no one even knew for sure that he did anything wrong.

The timeline of the Matt/Joe is so all over the place I cant even imagine what has actually happened. :ROFLMAO:

Quokka

If Taylor was just a normal woman, absolutely people would be saying shit behind her back or even to her face. "She can't stand to be single. Here we go again. Who's the new guy? Give her a few days, she'll be with someone else." Etc etc. Taylor has a habit of moving on very quickly, or at least with the Calvin/Tom/Joe debacle.

Honestly, she just makes good songs. Her personal life is, and really probably always has been, a complete mess and people will talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

missloveisland

She’s also a 33 year old woman who is capable of deciding who she wants to date/sleep with/marry regardless of how recently she has or hasn’t left a relationship! We all speculate Matty’s personality and I’m definitely not disregarding the racism, however she knows the him that is backstage as well as presented on stage and in the media. They are the only two who know their relationship and I’m sure the people around (Jack, her mum, her PR) her would advise her otherwise if he really was as controversial as swifties are perceiving. Let the woman live !

• Heart
Reactions: 20

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I also think Taylor believes she is unstoppable - she was absolutely cancelled very publicly (🐍 #neverforget) and has come back from it to become one of the most famous, loved celebrities in the world with a (problematically) diehard fanbase who IDOLISE her. Imagine what that does to your ego...

emerald

VIP Member
I'm saying this as neither a bad or good thing but I do believe she believes her own hype. With sales, records, and fans like hers I think it would be hard not to.

penny1992

Chatty Member
Holy shit. He is more disgusting than I thought. How can she associate with him?? Makes me wonder what she's really like privately.

• Sick
  • Wow

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I would absolutely be cancelled by now if I was a celebrity growing up in the spotlight 😂 I’m not even a bad person but life is about learning and growing and I’ve definitely said and done some stupid shit in my time. I’m a different person than the person I was even 3 years ago.
To be fair though he said all this shit like three months ago.
Also I’ve done some stupid shit in my time but blatant racism isn’t one of those things.

penny1992

Chatty Member
Aren't Joe and Emma filming together in Hungary right now?
It's not like she posted a photo just of Joe. She posted her photos with her co stars, crazy swifties are just zoning in on it because of the breakup. I guess time will tell.
---
I realised last night that Taylor is performing in new jersey when I am in NYC!!

• Wow
Reactions: 19