Taylor Swift #7 We Think Joe Did It But We Just Can't Prove It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha - I lurk on the book thread , I guess bookish people love TayTay
I don't be on that thread but I probably should be. I love reading but I don't let myself read books very often though because I get obsessed, can't put it down and then don't go to sleep until like 4am.
---
Any suggestions for surprise songs tonight?? 🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm headed to new york in a few weeks and staying near Tribeca, not too far from Franklin St where her apartment is. With all of the pap walks she's doing I feel like my chances of seeing her are higher. That would be insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Should've said no? 🙈 Has she done any debut yet?
This is why we can't have nice things?
I bet you think about me? Might save this one for Nashville and have Chris Stapleton join her
Cold as you?
I did something bad? :ROFLMAO:
Better than revenge? Pre breakup Taylor might not have sung this but the new new Taylor might...
Mr Perfectly Fine?
Dear John? (Goggles Mayer's birthday... Hmmm October)

She might run out of the more bitter end of her repertoire if she keeps it up..

Any more collabs? Would love to see her do Nothing New with Phoebe. Haim are joining her towards the end of the US dates so I'd say they'll keep no body no crime until L.A.

Ed is bound to join her at some point (yawn) but to do Run, which would be good.

Oh... I know! New Romantics??

It's the fact that she has been treated badly and wronged by so many men in the past (in different ways), and he will have known how hurt she was from this. She gave him several chances to leave and he didn't take them, so she thought his love was real.

I know he was the lead in a (tiny) film before meeting her, but he'd still be 'Joe Who?' without her. She has treated him to a life of absolute luxury (that none of us can really even envisage the scale of), made him her muse, put up with his complications, got him a Grammy, introduced him to so many connections.

If I was Taylor I'd much rather be portrayed as a psycho than a fool.
But similarly, her wealth/connections/benefits to his career would be awful reasons to stay with her if the relationship wasn't working. His wealth will be nothing in comparison to hers but surely he has enough to live a comfortable enough life anyway.

I'm SO nosey I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of her dinners 😂 I'm still not convinced he did something terrible. Even if it just is that he decided to call it quits when she didn't want to/they had arguments could be enough for her friends to be unfollowing him as if she's hurt and they're getting her side of it they might just want to show their support that way. But this could just be because I don't want to think the source of many amazing songs turned out to be a massive disappointment haha. She is very media/marketing savvy and definitely has the upper hand so she def has the power to spin the narrative I think. Especially as I don't get the impression he's someone who will start spilling details over social media etc.

If she was wanting to stay together and thought it was forever I feel super sad for her - heartbreak will still hurt the same even if you do have an A list "squad", money and fame.

Reactions: 15
I think she might stick more Midnights based- maybe Maroon or Labyrinth?

I think she’s only avoiding Rep as it has quite a big section in the concert, quite a lot are difficult acoustically because of their production and also, Rep was the last full tour she did and it’s on Netflix so she might feel like she’s done them all more recently?

Reactions: 10
I don't be on that thread but I probably should be. I love reading but I don't let myself read books very often though because I get obsessed, can't put it down and then don't go to sleep until like 4am.
---
Any suggestions for surprise songs tonight?? 🙈
Yesss come over to book thread! Its such a lovely thread.

I've seen a lot of comments since the break up about how the songs about him actually show a dysfunctional relationship. What do you all think?

Reactions: 2
I’ve heard rumours that he was spotted in London a few weeks ago with his ex? I have no idea how true this is though, since there’s no evidence. Although if it is true, it might explain some things.

• Wow
Managed to bag the folklore LPS record for £53, the quality of the packaging is horrendous though! However I would've still bought it if it came wrapped in used toilet paper just to hear her little squeak in august on vinyl

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve heard rumours that he was spotted in London a few weeks ago with his ex? I have no idea how true this is though, since there’s no evidence. Although if it is true, it might explain some things.
Who is his ex, is she famous or someone from where he is from? I feel bad for anyone he does date next as they could get so much scrutiny and unnecessary hate.

Reactions: 5
Who is his ex, is she famous or someone from where he is from? I feel bad for anyone he does date next as they could get so much scrutiny and unnecessary hate.
I think she’s some rando tbh, which is why I’m not sure how valid the claim is because how would people even know? Then again, I would never underestimate swifties….
I do too, especially if he dates someone else quite quickly. It’ll be a total mess

I think she’s some rando tbh, which is why I’m not sure how valid the claim is because how would people even know? Then again, I would never underestimate swifties….
I do too, especially if he dates someone else quite quickly. It’ll be a total mess
Yeah so messy!! Especially if she isn't a celeb as it would be tough to be exposed in that way when you're not used to the limelight etc.

I could see Taylor in a relationship similar to Blake and Ryan where they're private in some ways but also show up at events and chat about eachother etc.

Reactions: 6
But similarly, her wealth/connections/benefits to his career would be awful reasons to stay with her if the relationship wasn't working. His wealth will be nothing in comparison to hers but surely he has enough to live a comfortable enough life anyway.

I'm SO nosey I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of her dinners 😂 I'm still not convinced he did something terrible. Even if it just is that he decided to call it quits when she didn't want to/they had arguments could be enough for her friends to be unfollowing him as if she's hurt and they're getting her side of it they might just want to show their support that way. But this could just be because I don't want to think the source of many amazing songs turned out to be a massive disappointment haha. She is very media/marketing savvy and definitely has the upper hand so she def has the power to spin the narrative I think. Especially as I don't get the impression he's someone who will start spilling details over social media etc.

If she was wanting to stay together and thought it was forever I feel super sad for her - heartbreak will still hurt the same even if you do have an A list "squad", money and fame.
Oh absolutely. Terrible reasons to stay with her. But really good reasons for him not to screw her over.

I'm sure he has a lot more money than me, but to go from super rich to well off would still suck.
---
Yeah so messy!! Especially if she isn't a celeb as it would be tough to be exposed in that way when you're not used to the limelight etc.

I could see Taylor in a relationship similar to Blake and Ryan where they're private in some ways but also show up at events and chat about eachother etc.
This is why I wouldn't be surprised if she got back with Harry. They have similar levels of fame, both used to attention, had a big impact on each other emotion wise, he's one of the few unmarried exes that she doesn't loathe..

Last edited:
I think she might stick more Midnights based- maybe Maroon or Labyrinth?

I think she’s only avoiding Rep as it has quite a big section in the concert, quite a lot are difficult acoustically because of their production and also, Rep was the last full tour she did and it’s on Netflix so she might feel like she’s done them all more recently?
Exactly— Rep was the last album to get a world tour and she did the full Rep set on that tour which also has a Netflix concert movie. Not only that, but Rep actually gets a huge showcase on the Eras tour and she even performs a non-single (DBM) in addition to ALL Rep singles with big visuals. I’m surprised she gave it so much time on this tour tbh. Like the other ‘eras’ just get the hits that would be played otherwise. She just threw in ONE song for Speak Now lol and she’s forgotten about Debut. She just performed the main singles off Fearless as she would do on any tour. So if you’re a Rep fan, IMO you should be pretty happy with how much there is already.

Reactions: 10
Yeaaaaaah I struggle to believe singing You’re Not Sorry (and even Wonderland) was not a very conscious decision by Taylor and her team after the unfollowing and pap walks this week etc.

If she wanted to dispel rumours that Joe did something wrong she would have done a different song because everyone would clearly read into it as they have.

Let’s hope the next album gives us a bit of insight into what truly happened!

Reactions: 8
It's obscene how expensive vinyl have become since they got trendy! As someone who has collected for years, I want to cry when I'd like to buy a new one. This isn't just a Taylor problem, it's the industry ripping off fans again like they used to with CDs in the mid-late 1990s. Any chance they get.

Re: Taylor and Joe...I wonder what will happen to his acting career now? He wasn't exactly setting the world alight when he was with Taylor but what draw will he have now they've split? I've not seem him act, maybe he's great, but it seems doubtful since he would have surely had more high profile projects. Unless he'd rather do smaller stuff? Some people do, to be fair. Still, will be interesting!

Reactions: 8
It's obscene how expensive vinyl have become since they got trendy! As someone who has collected for years, I want to cry when I'd like to buy a new one. This isn't just a Taylor problem, it's the industry ripping off fans again like they used to with CDs in the mid-late 1990s. Any chance they get.

Re: Taylor and Joe...I wonder what will happen to his acting career now? He wasn't exactly setting the world alight when he was with Taylor but what draw will he have now they've split? I've not seem him act, maybe he's great, but it seems doubtful since he would have surely had more high profile projects. Unless he'd rather do smaller stuff? Some people do, to be fair. Still, will be interesting!
The resale is what gets me. People going out of their way to deliberately take advantage of fans by selling for 4x the price. the amount of copies of folklore:long ponds on eBay and vinted already for £150-200 is staggering.

I’m not sure what will happen with his acting now. Taylor was definitely well connected and most likely helped him in that regard. Maybe he’s well established enough to hold his own weight now… but honestly he really isn’t a great actor so who knows.

It would take a lot to in unconvince me that Taylor’s pen name is Taylor Jenkins Read.
Seven husbands and Daisy Jones give major swiftie vibes

• Haha
Impressed by everyone’s efforts and dedication to get the vinyls. And also enjoying reading all the joe
Theories. I have nothing to add really to it all but I hate the idea of anyone cheating.

Reactions: 6
Surprise songs tonight were A Place In This World and Today Was A Fairytale … Houston , you were done dirty 🤣

I watched a live stream of it tonight , having a teething baby wake you and then not being able to go back to sleep has it’s perks !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.