Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I'm guessing this relationship isn't gonna last much longer. More and more is coming out about him. Have a word, Andrea.

Regarding who cheated (if it occurred) I'm still very much of the opinion that Taylor has somehow had her heart broken by Joe here. Matty is a cry for help/rebound/probably someone Joe dislikes inab attempt to make him jealous or piss him off. But tbh nothing makes sense now or has done at all since the breakup news broke last month.

Reactions: 11

JLXRD

VIP Member
Midnights was released in October and the songs would have been written so far before that, probably in 2021 or earlier in order to be finished and ready for a 2022 vinyl pressing.

I don’t think we can take much of anything about the current situation from it, I certainly don’t think there is anything about Matty on there.

It hints at some unhappiness on her part but it also has Sweet Nothing so… I think maybe things weren’t perfect when she wrote it but not that she saw an end coming so soon to her and Joe. Even at promo stage she obviously felt they were good with the Lavender Haze behind the song video.

I dunno, personally don’t think there’s any clues to be had in Midnights.

Lilykins

VIP Member
I’m sorry but Joe looks like a grown up version of Prince George especially in that photo his costar posted (and she knew exactly what she was doing - I expect she’s also from an upper class background like Joe. Posh, old money men always end up with women from the same background). I’m just going to pretend that False God, Don’t Blame Me, Dress, Lavendar Haze etc were written about someone else.
Grown up Prince George has me 💀💀💀💀💀

• Haha

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
The Cardigan take also does fit Matty to a tee - ‘I saw you standing in your Levis, drunk under a street light’, ‘a friend to all is a friend to none / chase two girls lose the one’ , ‘I knew you’d linger like a tattoo kiss / I knew youd haunt all of my what ifs / the smell of smoke would hang around too long’ - I think she may have applied the reference retroactively but I could see lyrics being in part inspired by a Matty attraction that never went past a one night stand or something.
Actual boak at the smell of smoke though. If cardigan was inspired by Matty then it's confirmation that he stinks, lol.

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Why is everyone acting like Taylor is some sort of goddess? She makes banging music, mostly. But she’s still only a human being, & she has a personal life at the side of her music persona, maybe she just likes someone (Matty) that she wants to date him. What’s wrong with that? Oh silly me, it’s because everyone knows Matty Healy personally outside his music persona, therefore he’s not good enough for queen Taylor. Get a grip people. These are also just people, who happen to be popular.

But I can guarantee they are not “dating”, it’s just common sense. They are both on worldwide tours for god knows how long, they can’t date anyone really unless they travel with them. That’s probably part reason she split with the other bloke. Unfortunately people like Taylor can’t hold down a long term relationship unless they retire.

They have probably definitely banged though!
I think people just don’t like the idea of her dating a racist guy, it’s a bit ick to be attracted to racist people in 2023 really

QueenBW

VIP Member
The surprise songs for Atlanta night 2 are going to make people draw looooots of theories.

High Infidelity (duh) and Gorgeous...

We know Gorgeous is about Joe. Is she making the link between Joe and cheating?

High Infidelity was on the guitar.

Also congrats to the Rep Girlies, finally a Reputation song. But also, she fumbled through it (confused whiskey and sunset) so by her rules, Gorgeous is up for being played again.

ls240898

VIP Member
Comfort rewatching Rep tour on Netflix seeing as she won’t give us the international dates

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I much prefer Speak Now to 1989.

I feel like Shake It Off being the lead single for 1989 made me not like it as much as I could have.

However I did run my first every 10k listening to it 😁

If 1989 is released before Speak Now, what was the Bejewelled video about 🙈

wordzalad

VIP Member
I think this will be an intense fling like with Tom H and in a few months they’ll be done tbf.

HotDawg

VIP Member
Ooh I’ve found my people. I’ve been a fan since I was a teenager. Now I’m an adult, I like to chat to other adults but not many of them hang out on Twitter or TikTok!

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
1. Cardigan
2. We are never ever getting back together
3. Anti hero
4. look what you made me do
5. Love story
6. Shake it off
7. Willow
8. Tim McGraw
9. Mine
10. ME!
---
I think where she IS underrated is that people assume she's either not writing her own songs or that she only contributes a tiny bit. Like the Damon Albarn shite. And back when John Mayer gave that speech about not believing it was her writing them. Why the fuck wouldn't it have been her? Because she was young and pretty? Would he have believed a 19 year old bloke can write songs? Why not a girl?

The other thing being, yes, sometimes her single choices do nothing to promote her lyricism.

I want to be annoyed at her for the whole Matty situation atm, but that's my internalised prejudice against messy. It's her life. I hope she's ok though.

Last edited:

JLXRD

VIP Member
Speak Now has always been my favourite Taylor album so I am SO EXCITED 💜💜💜

(Matty being there has dampened this a little tho I won’t lie)

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
There is a huge difference between discussing who someone is dating and slut shaming.

Dont think anyone here is shaming Taylor for her dating. Get that dick girl.

Joe playing Nick in Conversations with Friends did nothing to help to make me believe maybe hes got any sort of sex appeal. At least Matty (🤮) looks like he might have good dick.

Im highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you - absolutely not Taylor. Im sorry, but no. 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha