Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bellbells16

VIP Member
Such weird vibes off of all this. If anything the whole thing with Matt has now detracted from the SNTV announcement.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

disneys

VIP Member
i don’t know if there are any country music fans on here but Thomas Rhett was at the show last night and while they waited for the rain delay he swapped friendship bracelets with fans !!! So cute

in terms of the Matty thing - I don’t really have an opinion . I’ve never taken much notice of him and don’t really enjoy the 1975 so 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just think let the girl have some d , she’s clearly not going to enter into something serious with him and it’s just some sort of rebound . I don’t buy these “they’re in love” stories , but yeah I think they are definitely shagging . I don’t understand the fans who say it’s for PR / or they’re tricking us . Would they gain anything from either of those scenarios … ? the tricking us theory is the most ridiculous of all !!!!

• Heart

LittlePea

Chatty Member
The hoops people are jumping through to say he's not really like that is hilarious. He said what he said and sorry but you can't make derogatory comments and then claim its satire.
I’ve been a big fan of The 1975s music for the last 10 years and I really struggle with some of the things Matty says and does, especially recently. Dating Twigs, having the Jaiy twins tour with the band for so long and the way that Matty is with fans, in an ideal world I’d like to believe he isn’t a controversial racist behind closed doors but I struggle to understand how he could even make derogatory jokes about those things and WANT to have his trumanblack persona if he was truly against that stuff. It just doesn’t sit right and passing it off as an act doesn’t make it ok and he should really know better than to court that stuff. He should know that the vast majority of people wouldn’t see it as ‘satire’ and I think it’s almost dangerous to step into that territory.

I do think it’s interesting to see Swifties reaction to them potentially dating and it calling into question Taylor’s character.

• Heart

Em28_

Chatty Member
Show started at turned 10PM, she’s still performing it’s almost 1.30AM. She just brought out Aaron Dessner for Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve for surprise song 1 and surprise song 2 was Mine. Never thought she would perform WCS but I’m excited for the videos to start pouring in because I need to hear everyone screaming the bridge.

• Wow

Glitterberry

Chatty Member
I left a ten year marriage and got together with my girlfriend less than a month later.

Sometimes it’s just how it happens. Folk judge me but I don’t give a shit. I’m happy.

And I think it would be worth applying that to Taylor as well. You do you, lady

getawaywithit

VIP Member
She’s allowed to date anyone she wants. No one’s stopping her lol.

If she’s perceived as a serial dater, then that is how the public would always see her anyway and hopefully that wouldn’t still have too much of an impact on her. However, if she DOES end up being really messy, it’s interesting to think about how she will continue to sell these songs about her life (that follow similar narrative trajectories) to a fanbase that has really invested in these narratives. Before anyone starts, yes life IS messy and that should be in her songs, etc., etc. But for six years now she’s built this big love story around her and Joe Alwyn (he saved her from herself, now she knows what true love is, he does it better than anyone, etc.), and it will be weird to have her kind of rewrite that story or redo the big love story. Hopefully people get what I mean. Let’s say, for example, she did cheat on Joe to get with Matty Healy. (Hypothetical). Would fans love that narrative in the same way they have enjoyed the Calvin-Joe-Tom-Joe story? Would people enjoy the ‘thought I knew what love was before I met you’ if it was about THIS situation and it rewrote the Joe/Taylor relationship? Just thinking about how much the fans’ investment in her life creates her whole mythology.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
There’s just too much coincidence— breakup happening when they started filming, all the unfollowing after she posted that pic of him, etc. (I also think it’s weird, even if it turns out there’s nothing between them, that she just had to post a pic of Joe Alwyn of all people right now on what was clearly a night out).

But damn imagine leaving Taylor Swift for a former vegan YouTuber. And she’s nearly 10 years younger, that’s gotta hurt tbh.

• Wow
  • Heart

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Joe Jonas, Harry and Joe the poor are my favourite looking exes of hers. Honourable mention to Calvin Harris but he annoys me for some reason.
Joe the poor 💀😂
---
I feel I can’t really judge as the person I’ve been the most in love with and who hugely broke my heart was… really not that attractive BUT he had this way about him and it was the whole deal for me. So I get it, even if I don’t get it, and actually I found Joe had something kind of hypnotic about his voice and mannerisms so I could totally see that. Not that it’s any of my business but again, not that she cares lol.

• Haha

fridaysbaby

I love Taylor sooo much and I know it’s none of my business but my god she could do so much better than him

getawaywithit

VIP Member
What has she actually done wrong even if they are together? The woman’s single 😭
She obviously cheated. And then coordinated to make it seem as though Joe did something to take the attention off her. Aside from that, he’s a detestable person so people aren’t going to support it.

But you clearly like the relationship and are never going to criticize it/her so there’s no point going back and forth.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I’m so sorry I manifested Taylor and matty but I like to think she’s just getting good rebound dick and I love that for her

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I don’t like to shit on other girls, but if it is true, what a fucking downgrade. And ten years younger? Is he in is John Mayer era?

• Sad
  • Haha

disneys

VIP Member
If this Matty Healy stuff is true I’ll cry 🤢 Taylor come on !!!! First of all you’d be denying us your single Taylor era which is sad in itself but secondly …. He’s sooooo gross !!! Wtf ! Joe was boring but at least he looked like he washed once in a while . It’s a mystery if MH even knows what a shower is