Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grannypants

VIP Member
I heard stuff about people whispering about them around London back in January. What we know is Joe and Taylor were spotted together in December and February. Again, the show was in January. I’ll just leave that observation there.

Another thing going around now is that Matty said at his show a month ago that he wrote About You to get a girl “and it worked” for him. Taylor put the song on her pre-concert playlist and of course the song was released back in October 2022.

One thing I’ll say is that this messy, weird rollout could be because Matty and his people can’t stay quiet about things. Different from Joe and his family who never talked.
This is really interesting, I always assumed About You was about FKA Twigs or Gaby.

I do understand where people are coming from but I think some of the comments on here a bit mad. At the end of the day we have no idea what Taylor or Matty are really like behind the scenes, they have public personas for a reason. Taylor could be a right bitch behind closed doors and we’ll never know, the same way that Matty could be completely different.

Taylor’s had a strong team around her for years, do you really think Andrea, Tree Pain and the rest of them would let her shit all over her public image for the sake of a guy? I think they will be collabing soon, maybe on SNTV, although that comes as a surprise tbh because Matty’s voice and sound is better suited to 1989 imo

Reactions: 13

pencilpen

I don’t think any of her songs are about Matty and I certainly don’t think any of the The 1975’s songs are about Taylor. I think it’s funny people are actually entertaining it. But then again, I don’t actually think they are dating. I think it’s all PR at best, and at worst, orchestrated by Taylor to piss of Joe. I think it’s more likely she was dumped rather than the dumper.
I agree with this, I like her music but she's a problematic person for sure despite acting the victim.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I had minor surgery this morning and when I woke up from the GA I was quietly humming ivy (a song I haven't listened to in ages) to myself. The nurse then said "you still singing?".

Wtf. Can't take me anywhere. I dunno if I had been semi conscious before that? 😶

• Haha

ls240898

VIP Member
She removed her Lavender Haze Behind The Song reel on Instagram. Doesn’t seem amicable to me after all

This one:

• Wow
  • Sad

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Yeah I’m stood on the PR side of things with all this.
She can date who she wants of course put purely from a gossip stand point I find it so pathetic when people (men included) can not stay single for longer than a year in their adult life. It’s character building and great for personal growth, co-dependancy can shatter you when you inevitably break up with the next one. Knew a girl who was in a 6 year relationship and literally engaged, 3 months later with someone else. Same with a boy I knew, 7 year relationship and then he hopped on someone else not even 4 months later. It’s giving can’t be independent, and it’s got nothing to do with her being famous.

I do love Taylor and I was hoping she’d have a decent single spell where she could collect her thoughts and figure out what she actually wants out of a partnership, but ultimately if she wants to hop on to someone else it’s no ones business haha

• Heart

grannypants

VIP Member
I am here for it lol. I am starting to def think question and bejeweled are about Matty. "when I meet the band, they ask if I have a man, I can still say I don't remember."
Sounds like she checked out of the relationship with Joe ages ago.
It’s still so surreal that we’re even talking about this 🤯 if you had told me in January that Taylor and Joe would split and she’d be dating Matty I would never have believed it!

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
I was a bit of a doubter that some bad shit went down after/during the break up, but the removal of that reel… if it was so amicable I feel she could have left it up. And the Emma Laird girl just seems to be attention seeking I think, I wasn’t buying it before but The Bowery Hotel is obviously a big one 🤔

Folkevermore

VIP Member
If she genuinely is dating someone else already, I think it’s going to heavily feed into the public perception of her being a serial dater. It’ll be interesting to see how the narrative plays out this time round. I guess it’ll help gear her up for the reputation re release

JLXRD

VIP Member
So I don’t know what I think with the Emma Laird stuff but I do think she is VERY silly to be putting anything socials either way.

Liking a post about their breakup then posting a pic of him post announcement, and then posting a story which links to his relationship with Taylor are all dumb moves. If something did happen with them then she is just being plain nasty and if it didn’t then she’s being very naive.

QueenBW

VIP Member
If we are using the information she has given to us through her songwriting then you could argue that Joe might have cheated on her (the Great War), he might not have given her the love and affection she deserved (bejeweled), which means flipping things is also fair game and isn’t just being blind to the fact she’s probably made mistakes.
Yeah, who's saying that isn't fair? People are just giving their theories and opinions and multiple things can be true.

Joe could have cheated on her or been close to, and she might have torpedoed the relationship instead of fixing it or maybe, like the Deuxmoi gossip suggests, she took the lack of a proposal, the cheating and whatever else as a sign that she needed a getaway car and enter Matty Healy.

We won't know, we're here to speculate and that's the fun of it. Some people won't ever think she did something wrong -despite ample proof that she's done plenty wrong in the past - others will forever blame Joe or whoever and never her. I'm here for the chaos ,😜

Oh and to the poster who asked about The 1975, love them as a band.

Reactions: 12

gossipgal21

VIP Member
It took me ages to like Lover, now really enjoy it as an album actually. Love most of the songs but a few skips (Me, YNTCD, Soon You’ll Get Better, It’s Nice To Have A Friend)
---
She missed the mark so hard when it came to ME! I’m not too sure what she was thinking.
she often picks weak songs for singles I think. Sometimes they’re just weak in comparison to the album and sometimes… they’re ME! 😅

penny1992

Chatty Member
This is basically it. Unhinged, chaotic, messy, yep. I'm like what are you doing? But hey. It's a process.
I am here for it lol. I am starting to def think question and bejeweled are about Matty. "when I meet the band, they ask if I have a man, I can still say I don't remember."
Sounds like she checked out of the relationship with Joe ages ago.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Keep skirting around what fans keep pointing out, which is that he is a horrible person with revolting views. Taylor has purposefully stoked her fans to come out with flamethrowers against men who she claims have wronged her (she performs a song every single night mocking the dissolution of Scooter Braun’s marriage and has dropped mocking references to his wife being cheated on in several songs now), and has purposefully drawn upon proto-feminist/social justice language to do so and to turn people against them. But of course when Taylor wants to take up with someone who hurled vile racist insults towards a woman of colour in the industry it’s “I can’t read suddenly”. Or no sorry, it’s now... misogynistic?… To point it out? Lol.

Acutally I know what will happen. It will take Matty screwing over Taylor and Taylor putting him on blast for fans to suddenly go insane wanting to tear him down and any woman that associates with him in the future.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
The grandma thing struck me as fucking weird.
same. i don’t get how no one in the planning of it stopped and thought “actually this is really really weird and borderline disrespectful of her boundaries”?! she looks genuinely taken aback in the footage going around twitter. it’s like everyone wants to make a big “gesture” with no real thought for the person on the end of it.

Maybe she is the one who cheated and coordinated things to make it seem it was Joe and this was her rebound. That would explain the pap shots.
This is where my head went after their breakup based on how she was acting and the "subtle" way she was trying to imply Joe wronged her via song choices (knowing how her fans read into every little thing) and getting her famous friends to unfollow him en masse etc.

I like Taylors music but she is open about how she's a master manipulator (mastermind), it may not even be a case of full on cheating with Matty but flirting and texting etc., emotional cheating to make Joe jealous and it backfired on her.