Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I think it’s really unfair to be questioning her as a person when we actually don’t know anything that happened. Joe and Taylor could have been over ages ago for all we know. Some of her songs hint that things weren’t always perfect.
Nothing is even confirmed either, people were fine when it was Calvin, Tom and Joe all in the same weekend but now it’s Matt Healy they’re questioning her morals 😂

Reactions: 10

JLXRD

VIP Member
Bit harsh 😂 I won’t be supporting her relationship with a racist and sexist
I find the whole racist thing really shocking because the tone of 1975s music is quite political and left leaning… admittedly I don’t know much about Matty, despite listening to them a lot.

She has aligned herself with problematic people in the past though not in such a direct way eg the song for WTCS being written by Delia Owens who I believe is very problematic?

I mean she’s already friends with Matty, went on stage at their show and had him come on during part of hers (albeit during the support act) so I’d say she’s already showing support for him even if they weren’t dating.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I’m sure we will find out all of the details on her next album. Maybe she’ll call it “Joe is a hoe” or “fuck men when J names”.
If she was wronged, it would make sense that the Petty side of Taylor would want him to suffer. I’d probably be 10x worse if I was her 🤣
It's the fact that she has been treated badly and wronged by so many men in the past (in different ways), and he will have known how hurt she was from this. She gave him several chances to leave and he didn't take them, so she thought his love was real.

I know he was the lead in a (tiny) film before meeting her, but he'd still be 'Joe Who?' without her. She has treated him to a life of absolute luxury (that none of us can really even envisage the scale of), made him her muse, put up with his complications, got him a Grammy, introduced him to so many connections.

If I was Taylor I'd much rather be portrayed as a psycho than a fool.

Folkevermore

VIP Member

Surprised she's in love with a known racist with a fondness of class A drugs. We knew she's stick to British men.
The sun once wrote an article about my tiktoks and made up a bunch of cringe quotes from me that I never actually said.
Don’t trust anything they post 🤣
Isn’t this her second true love in two weeks?

• Haha
  • Wow

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
King Charles tried to steal my birthday today, but Taylor said no bestie here’s a gift to look forward to 😂. Can’t wait to sob on my bedroom floor to Last Kiss TV in 2 months just like I’m 14 again going through my first breakup 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I would say what has happened here (if any of the Deux moi stuff can be believed) is that he has deliberately been pulling away for a while (because his heart wasn't in it, pressure to get married and he couldn't handle the fact that she's super important), he suggests a private break from being full on during the tour/filming when she tries to deal with it, but not a split. Taylor thinks it's just a blip and a bit of space will do them good.

Then he goes off, does whatever/whoever he wants and starts telling mutual acquaintances that they've broken up.

This then filters back to Taylor who calls him, they argue and split. News is then released shortly after this, with the tone being that it was amicable and that Joe struggled with Taylor being so famous.

Joe doesn't appreciate the comments that he was poor and unsuccessful so something else happens (arguments or whatever) and word starts to filter back to Taylor about what he has been up to. If Joe's ego has been (rightly) dented he has possibly lashed out and said something terrible to her, hence the rapid unfollowings.
If this is what happened, he’s still the dickhead here. He was never gonna be as successful as Taylor and men who can’t get over their ego are the literal worst.
If you let your ego be affected by online comments, acting probably isn’t the correct career for you.

disneys

VIP Member
Okay strap in this is a long one about the break up so if you’re not interested in gossip about that then you maybe wanna scroll by ….

I listened to Deux Moi’s podcast today while cleaning and she talked for about Joe and Taylor’s split for around 25 minutes with “Enty” who I think is another gossip blind item kind of person . What she said was very interesting and I know it can’t be taken as fact but I think Deux Moi is rarely wrong . She’s got a lot of trusted sources !

From her sources , Joe had been pulling away from Taylor for a while in the lead up to the tour . He and Taylor decided to take a break during the US leg of the tour and regroup after to see if they could work this out . Apparently they have taken breaks before which they have successfully kept secret but haven’t lasted because one of them usually went running back as they missed the other too much . Not this time though . This supposedly happened before the Oscars this year .

then it started getting back to Taylor that Joe was talking about the break up . This was at the end of March . Apparently people in Joe’s circles kept asking her about it , and this enraged her , possibly leading to an altercation . The Tuesday before the break up was announced , a family member from Joe or Taylor (Deux Moi wouldn’t confirm whose family member it was) sent Deux Moi saying they’d split . From the DM , it sounds like it was from Joe’s side as it referenced Taylor as “everyone’s favourite pop star is single again” … idk it feels icky that someone in Taylor’s life would say that but again , no idea

Deux Moi didn’t post it because she didn’t believe it . She had always been very much team “they’re engaged if not married” and thought they weren’t . Then from Thursday Deux Moi was getting tip offs again that they’d split . She shared these and said she wouldn’t believe until People confirmed which they did on Saturday . It is thought that Joe’s team planted the initial announcement with ET . Then Taylor’s team got on the offence , releasing those statements saying how their relationship was insular and didn’t survive outside of lockdowns and public hiding , and that Joe couldn’t cope with Taylor’s fame .

At the moment , Deux Moi says she hasn’t heard anything from her sources to suggest Joe was unfaithful , but that things were not as amicable as first suggested as Taylor is extremely cross that Joe made the news public without consulting her .

It’s all gossip and hearsay but I think Deux Moi has some trusted sources and quite often gets it right . Guess we will know when TS11 is released , but thought this was probably the most credible timeline / explanation I’ve heard yet

I think she might stick more Midnights based- maybe Maroon or Labyrinth?

I think she’s only avoiding Rep as it has quite a big section in the concert, quite a lot are difficult acoustically because of their production and also, Rep was the last full tour she did and it’s on Netflix so she might feel like she’s done them all more recently?

penny1992

Chatty Member
Matt Healy is so disgusting. I'd be shocked if they were dating and even banging tbh. He looks like he stinks.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I am here for it lol. I am starting to def think question and bejeweled are about Matty. "when I meet the band, they ask if I have a man, I can still say I don't remember."
Sounds like she checked out of the relationship with Joe ages ago.
Yeah. Sounds to me like they were a lot more on and off than what it looked like. Because after penning Bejeweled and The Great War and Question she still did promo for Midnights talking about Joe and referencing her and Joe's relationship in Lavender Haze's video and all that. So clearly they were back on, but some of the songs, if they are indeed both autobiographical and current, make it seem like there were breaks and things weren't as solid as she'd tried to make them look.

Last edited:

Lilykins

VIP Member
Off topic but had to post cute Taylor moment - my 3 year old has just started getting into music, remembering lyrics and singing along and today she wanted a dance party in the kitchen and told me to play ‘that’s what people say’ mummy 😂 (meaning shake it off of course!).

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
He said this about her back in the day. I’m sure he could act differently and this was many years ago but if someone said this about me I’d hold a grudge 😂
IMG_4326.png

• Haha
  • Sick

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I think she might stick more Midnights based- maybe Maroon or Labyrinth?

I think she’s only avoiding Rep as it has quite a big section in the concert, quite a lot are difficult acoustically because of their production and also, Rep was the last full tour she did and it’s on Netflix so she might feel like she’s done them all more recently?
Exactly— Rep was the last album to get a world tour and she did the full Rep set on that tour which also has a Netflix concert movie. Not only that, but Rep actually gets a huge showcase on the Eras tour and she even performs a non-single (DBM) in addition to ALL Rep singles with big visuals. I’m surprised she gave it so much time on this tour tbh. Like the other ‘eras’ just get the hits that would be played otherwise. She just threw in ONE song for Speak Now lol and she’s forgotten about Debut. She just performed the main singles off Fearless as she would do on any tour. So if you’re a Rep fan, IMO you should be pretty happy with how much there is already.

QueenBW

VIP Member
The Ryan Reynolds unfollow of Joe is the one that baffles me the most and makes me think there is more to it than just personality differences and Joe not being able to take Taylor's fame and her getting tired of making herself small to fit into his life (which I do think is a huge part of it).

First of course, because Ryan wrote that sycophantic article about Joe and praised him as a person not just as an actor. And second cause Ryan while friends with Taylor is more friends with Taylor because of Blake than anything else. It's one thing if Blake, Gigi, "the squad" unfollow. But partners sometimes can be less involved with their partner's friend's drama.

And I don't think it necessarily has to be that Joe cheated. I could totally see Taylor taking it as a huge betrayal that they were on a break and he went and blabbermouthed to all. She doesn't like it when she's not controlling the story, when the perception of her isn't the one she crafted.

I sustain that he did it knowing it'd be the last straw. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it , 😂

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
To be fair, at first it seemed like it would be her. Announcement June 13th and released July 9th!
I feel bad for the author if it’s not her. It’s probably the most preorders they’ve ever seen and they’re all about to be cancelled if it’s announced it’s not her 😂

• Haha