Taylor Swift #7 We Think Joe Did It But We Just Can't Prove It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think it says a lot that regardless of all the hate he’s getting (which he has publicly said really affects him), he’s still getting up on that stage and still standing in that VIP box.

I think they’ve both shown that you can be cancelled but you can come back from it. I wonder what would have happened if Taylor never disappeared before rep? Would it actually have affected her ticket and album sales? Or does being cancelled only actually work if you run away and hide? As I said yesterday, matty is still selling out huge shows worldwide and people were trying to cancel him just before their Finsbury Park show was announced (which still sold out).
To be fair, there aren’t many people better suited to support someone through masses of internet hate.

Reactions: 4
Oh god I don’t know if this is going to be a popular opinion but those of us who lived through 2016 as Swifties and survived will get me …. Does anyone feel like this Matty thing is the start of a pattern of chaotic behaviour from our fave that’s going to end in a spectacular fall from Grace ? 😬

I think I’ve seen this film before and I didn’t like the ending … was top of her game after 1989 was released . came out of a long term relationship , clung to the nearest lips , then the world cancelled her ! I know the kayne stuff wasn’t her fault but she also made some other questionable choices around that time that were …. Anyone remember the Nicki Minaj Twitter turf ? That was a hard day to be a swift fan 😬

I’m just worried she’s going to do something , get involved with someone , and have a fall from Grace again and I just …. Agh maybe I’m wrong but it feels like history may repeat itself
It’s an interesting thought but I genuinely think she’s too big to cancel now. In the sense that yeah, people could turn against her on socials again but would she react by going into hiding for another year? I don’t think so. I think she would just continue to make music and people would continue to buy and listen despite her cancellation. Unless she chooses to take a break for other reasons, I don’t think she would allow herself to be forced to stop. She’s worked to hard.

I might be wrong but I think we’re moving out of a period where huge celebrities are ‘cancelled’ because what does that even mean? That for a week the internet is mean about her before they move onto someone else? Yeah it damages your reputation for a bit but in the long run, it really means duck all. Look at all the celebrities who have been cancelled who continue to make music or films (Matty Healy as a prime example, a few months ago he was being cancelled every other day but the bans continued to sell out huge shows, like another poster said). I think unless you do something really awful like get accused of sexual assault, celebs can bounce back from most things.

Taylor will be writing and making music until she’s old because it’s her passion, and I think there will always be listeners for that music, they just might not always be the same group of fans.

Reactions: 6
Still boggles my mind that Chris brown can actually physically abuse someone and still sell out shows.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Still boggles my mind that Chris brown can actually physically abuse someone and still sell out shows.
Any celeb or real life person I see supporting him, I immediately get the ick. Wasn’t just a one time thing either 🤢

Reactions: 16
It’s an interesting thought but I genuinely think she’s too big to cancel now. In the sense that yeah, people could turn against her on socials again but would she react by going into hiding for another year? I don’t think so. I think she would just continue to make music and people would continue to buy and listen despite her cancellation. Unless she chooses to take a break for other reasons, I don’t think she would allow herself to be forced to stop. She’s worked to hard.

I might be wrong but I think we’re moving out of a period where huge celebrities are ‘cancelled’ because what does that even mean? That for a week the internet is mean about her before they move onto someone else? Yeah it damages your reputation for a bit but in the long run, it really means duck all. Look at all the celebrities who have been cancelled who continue to make music or films (Matty Healy as a prime example, a few months ago he was being cancelled every other day but the bans continued to sell out huge shows, like another poster said). I think unless you do something really awful like get accused of sexual assault, celebs can bounce back from most things.

Taylor will be writing and making music until she’s old because it’s her passion, and I think there will always be listeners for that music, they just might not always be the same group of fans.
I don't believe in 'cancelling' people, but I think it shows a lot about people who support problematic people- not just those with a difference of opinion but I mean those who are racist or whatever. I wouldn't pay a penny towards them that's for sure, although appreciate someone can enjoy the music yet dislike the person. I do think people should be held accountable for what they say though if they have a big audience, it's just there needs to be a balance between cancelled by twitter as I disagree with what you say and people voting with their cash/views to those who are open about their regressive and disgusting views.

Taylor will be fine whoever she associates with as she has a broad audience and even if she said someone awful about a group it doesn't mean others would care, we see this often ie those defending MH for making light of an abusive, racist and misogynistic thing freely.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.