Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I was watching Feud about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. The huge part of it was how they couldn’t accept they weren’t young anymore and holding on to when they had the world at their feet.

Do we see Taylor going the same way? How she treated Olivia Rodrigo to me says she will. She’s definitely bitter and will grab on to anything to be relevant I think. I can’t see her going gracefully. I hope I’m wrong though.

edit: the absolute gall of her to sue Olivia for a song that sounds nothing like hers to then release imgoingtogetyouback actually shocks me.
Disclaimer that I personally do think Olivia's song was inspired by Taylor's a little too close for comfort. But obviously what Taylor did with imgoingtogetyouback was even closer and it's hypocritical not to see it.

But yeah, on your overall question/comment I worry that Taylor might grow bitter as she gets older and could be mean to up and coming artists. And partly it'd be the fault of the media and show biz environments. They're always pitting women against each other. And like Taylor writes in Clara Bow , they're always saying to the new kid "Oh you're the new version of X big artist, but prettier/sexier/edgier/cooler". That's going to be hard for anyone.

But Taylor in particular seems ill equipped to sustain an actually permanent fall from the top of the pyramid. The Rep era wasn't the huge fail she likes to paint it as. Maybe it wasn't the acclaim and universal fanatism she has now, but it wasn't quite a cancellation or anything. And she came back stronger so she has this chip on her shoulder of, I'll only come back harder if they ever push me again. But what happens when she eventually doesn't? She can't remain this big forever. It's unsustainable.

And also, with how obsessed she is with marriage and babies, if she goes and does that and still tries to hold on to her present levels of fame it's going to be a shit show of epic proportions which will make her even more bitter.

So yeah. I can totally see her as an 80 year old still feuding with Kim.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

grannypants

VIP Member
On a totally different note, Deuxmoi had a story about how Joe had taken a date to a NYC restaurant - she listed a few, among them restaurants Taylor's gone to in her Pap Walk Era - and how apparently he was not recognized by the hostess, was fine being seated at a communal table, the people at the table did recognize him and started loudly talking about Taylor, the date was in tears, and they had to leave before even having spoken to the waiter.

He truly must rue the day when he decided to start a relationship with Taylor.
That is awful if true, poor Joe.

I know we’ve been saying all along ‘he just needs to find a nice off-the-grid girlfriend’ but this just proves that the Taylor discourse is going to follow him around for a few years at least. He’s better off just swearing off dating for a while and focusing on work, although that doesn’t seem fair when Taylor can broadcast her relationship all over the media without repercussions.

Reactions: 20

LittlePea

Chatty Member
I saw the 1975 at the O2 when Taylor came onstage and although it was super cool I definitely didn’t think that relationship would ever lead to this album 😂
Every now and then I go back to watch the video I took of the moment ‘guest starring… Taylor Swift’ appeared and she walked out, but my scream is so awful I can’t watch out of embarrassment for myself 😂😭

• Haha

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I was watching Feud about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. The huge part of it was how they couldn’t accept they weren’t young anymore and holding on to when they had the world at their feet.

Do we see Taylor going the same way? How she treated Olivia Rodrigo to me says she will. She’s definitely bitter and will grab on to anything to be relevant I think. I can’t see her going gracefully. I hope I’m wrong though.

edit: the absolute gall of her to sue Olivia for a song that sounds nothing like hers to then release imgoingtogetyouback actually shocks me.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
The power of Taylor's writing. She painted the thing as a more tortured adult version of her own version of Romeo and Juliet from Love Story and many fans - who need therapy as much as she does - think that's romantic and that's what true love is. It's toxic as hell but people are sick in the head.
---

Agree with everything but the last part. She might be on holiday with Travis. She might be dancing. But she also outed herself on TTPD as still obsessed with Matty. So you bet she's scouring the internet trying to see if he's reacting. Fuming and over analyzing that video. She's not chilling. She's incapable of chill.
Oh trust me the minute she puts Travis down for his nap she's hiding in the bathroom stalking Matty and reading all the reviews, like she said she can do it with a broken heart and a smile on her face.

I do love that she tried to pre-empt it by saying look it was in the past all good now. Bitch we know you hold onto shit forever you are still writing about Kim K!

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
Guys, the two special deluxe edition CDs I bought (manuscript and albatross) or whatever they were called got to me and I so regret not getting all four.

I love useless collectible crap (no sarcasm here).

1000107369.jpg

1000107371.jpg

And look at the magnets on my fridge. But they look lonely. Right? They should be all four, right?

1000107373.jpg

I might have gotten into @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain 's prosecco stash 🤣
---
I suspect it was quite amicable then it soured when he began to realise things with Matty had developed.
Especially if they had been more on and off than the public originally knew then maybe to Joe it didn't seem permanent.
On the few times they were seen together from mid 2022 they didn't exactly appear couplish.
I think they were on a break from like after the holidays til the news broke. Maybe Taylor was still hoping for a ring and a happy ending with Jos. She did still have Invisible String in the setlist.

And then Matty reappeared, Joe got wind of it, things from the past clicked and he had a light bulb moment and he broke it off. And even when she was already into Matty again she was pissed because she's always pissed when she is dumped vs doing the dumping.

Because Joe finally breaking it off, and his side leaking it to the press is the only reason I can find for the mass unfollowing Taylor's friends did. Everything else that we know/she confessed about the Joe breakup doesn't explain why she would be mad/make her friends unfollow him.

Just me drunkenly speculating.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I also think taking into account the song The Prophecy, she now wants a lasting love more than anything else it seems and if she actually think Travis is it, she maybe is a bit resentful of having to leave him.

But hey, she wouldn’t have gotten with Travis if it wasn’t for this tour and she has a lot of fans who would legit walk on broken glass to see her live so she needs to suck it up. If it’s real, Travis will stick around for her and it won’t effect them.

• Heart

Lilykins

VIP Member
Said it before and I’ll say it again

GLEN POWELL.

he’s tall, he’s hot, he’s an actor and he’s in Top Gun with professional hanger on Keleigh Tellers husband so there’s a contact point.

Keleigh cannot be that good of a friend because imagine you know Glen Powell is single and you don’t give your friend his number
Can anyone who is called Glen be sexy 😭

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Why do I find the idea of Jack producing the next 1975 album so funny? Like he’s going to be in the middle of this song battle just like 😬

• Haha
Just read that Paul Mescal - and a bunch of other celebs - are donating memorabilia to a fundraiser for Palestine. It'll be a cold day in hell when Blondie donates to that cause, I guess.

I don't want her to make a big statement or anything, but things as simple as donating a signed poster for humanitarian relief would add millions of eyeballs/make the cause more palatable for the sorts of people who need someone else to do something to feel compelled to do it. But I guess unless her next boyfriend is Palestinian she couldn't care less 😵💫

(As an aside that's got basically nothing to do with Taylor, I need another photo of Paul and Joe hanging out.)
Just think of all the good those Swiftie Stans could do if they used their power for good instead of harrassing Joe!? Go harras Biden, Harris, Von Der Leyen, Sunak, someone that deserves it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
These are the same people who wrote essays about how a song title called 'Clara Bow' meant Joe kept Taylor locked in a dungeon for 6 years, only for it to be a throwaway line about women being compared to each other. They cling to their online hot takes because its their only identity.

ls240898

VIP Member
Oh really?

I just am of the feeling that Taylor is a popstar - not a political activist
@Chinese_whispers is right, it was just part of the ‘era’ basically. She was relatively outspoken (compared to most pop stars AND to what she does now), endorsing candidates and using a whole song on her album + video to spotlight the LGBTQ+ community (even if it wasn’t the best song ever), with her music video linking to a petition created by her that fans could sign in support of the Equality Act.

also such a large portion of her Miss Americana doc was dedicated to her “political awakening” where she was crying about a homophobic misogynist woman running in Tennessee and her team advising her against speaking on it.

since ALL that, we’ve had the occasional “go register to vote!” instagram story aaaand… not much else

wordzalad

VIP Member
They so desperately want it all to be Joe so they can convince themselves they’re “justified“ in harassing complete strangers.

JLXRD

VIP Member
I can’t reconcile the idea of ICDIWABH at the Eras Tour, it’s too meta! I know she’ll do it and rock it and I’ll be screaming and crying but the crowd chanting ‘MORE!’ becoming a bit feels so sick (not in a cool kids way) … 😂
Yeah it’s giving black mirror, watch me sing about how fucking miserable I am and cheer and be so happy bc this is one of your fave songs 🫠

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
bib, we were around for Matty the first time even though it was much more under the radar it was obvious there was something there. 2014 was a wild time.
I mean exactly, I quite literally have been here since teardrops on my guitar but please 14 yr olds on TT who weren’t even alive when that came out, educate us 🫠

Like others have said, I think it’s a reading comprehension issue or a want to believe Taylor isn’t a messy person (when this album could not be more her saying she is fucked up if it tried but yeah)

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Morning gals, TTPD cardigan review with pics as promised, pls don’t judge my dirty mirror or unpainted nails, thank you xoxo

- quality feels SO much better than speak now cardigan
- I got XL and I’m a UK 14 and about 5ft10 so it’s not super oversized which is good
- arms are a bit too long but not crazily so
- feels warm
- so much more wearable than previous cardigans

View attachment 2900276

View attachment 2900278
View attachment 2900281
I actually love that 😍 looks so nice on you. I love the colour of it.

…Shame about your dirty mirror and unpainted nails though, couldn’t you have made an effort for tattle 🙄 😂

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Why are so many people mad that their kids can’t listen bc she is swearing and making drug refs.

She’s a 34 year old woman, and she’s sworn and mentioned drugs on midnights? It’s not unexpected.

it’s not like Ms Rachel has released down bad and is putting it on kids YouTube or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
💕 💕 it's such a difficult thing to process isn't it? Genuinely is a life changing decision. I'm pretty set on being childfree, as it doesn't feel for me at all. But as much as I know it's the best for me, sometimes I wish that I did want it because it can feel pretty lonely now friends are starting down that road.

I can't even imagine how Taylor would navigate children with her level of fame. Like imagine being Taylor Swift's child? I can't imagine that experience at all!
What I will say is Jennifer Lawrence was bigger than big and she managed to disappear to have her children in privacy. Even now a lot of people don't even realise she has any. The thing with Taylor, as much as she sings about wanting marriage and children in this album I really think she is in love with fame so I can't picture her moving away from the spotlight to take the necessary break to have them.

• Heart