Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Ok Trav I see you in that suit 👀. That is the first time I’ve ever understood it. But I do love me a man in a well fitting suit, it’s like my version of lingerie for men 😂

She looked a bit lost in that clip though. Why is he always walking in front of her while she trails along behind him looking lost? It’s interesting.

She does look pretty there though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

QueenBW

VIP Member
Why do I find the idea of Jack producing the next 1975 album so funny? Like he’s going to be in the middle of this song battle just like 😬
He's just an agent of chaos. Imagine all the things he knows from both sides. Actually Jack is probably the only person alive who knows the full truth, from both sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Taylors line from Fortnight "I was a functioning alcoholic
'Til nobody noticed my new aesthetic" really annoyed me at first because she referred to alcoholism as an aesthetic, something you can opt in and out of if you want to been seen as edgy or are looking for attention. Seeing her drunk again at another public event it's giving "I can give up any time I want" instead. I think she quite likely has an issue but thinks because she's out touring, breaking records and can take breaks from it that she doesn't really have a problem.

Lilykins

VIP Member
This thread is wild 😂 before the album most were firmly in the anti matty camp and now?!? Where you all been hiding! 😂

(Personally I find him gross and his mum is an absolute horror show. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.)

• Haha

Kimmylookatme

Chatty Member
I saw the 1975 at the O2 when Taylor came onstage and although it was super cool I definitely didn’t think that relationship would ever lead to this album 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21

QueenBW

VIP Member
But why do we expect the likes of Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to speak on these issues?! Genuine question.

They are popstars, not world leaders.
A) because they have a platform b) because they've used social issues in the past to bolster their careers. Like how queer friendly and against heteronormativity Harry Styles appears to be and he capitalized on that for his tour. Or like it's already been mentioned how Taylor went all in on politics when it suited and affected her and even made a political song but now she either doesn't speak at all or says the bare minimum. So they're okay using these social and political issues when they don't pose any risk to their status, but otherwise they stay quiet.

Taylor's whole Miss Americana era activism was, for me as an American citizen, pretty obviously done for likability and because she was affected by the misogyny during the trial against the radio host. It was also 2018/19 and it was safe to speak against conservatives because most people were terrified of Trump. But where was she when the Alt-right were making her their Aryan princess and she was still trying to court the country music industry? Ah yeah, nowhere.

I'm pretty political myself so I expect everyone to want to be informed and get involved, and when you have someone with a platform of millions staying mum and only speaking up when it's convenient to them, it's disappointing. It doesn't mean I don't like her music or won't support her artistic pursuits but it just highlights that she's a capitalist machine first, an artist second. Artists for millenia have been out there, putting themselves at risk, furthering ideas that weren't to everyone's liking.

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
I think Taylor can look gorgeous and I'd kill to have her body (not really but you know what I mean) but I don't think she's gorgeous on her own. She's had lots of tweaks and help from professional stylists and makeup artists that have taught her how to emphasize her natural beauty. But if we look at her OG face, she's just a cute Blondie girl. Joe was totally within her league looks wise, imo. Ratty was punching but somehow she didn't think so.

I don't have a specific person in mind but I've said it before that I think she'd do well with someone rich, creative industry adjacent but not in show biz. And not a fame whore, unlike Jungle Gym.

• Heart

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I’m tired of people defending rich white men with “they’re just edgy” “it’s performance art” “you just don’t get it” “they’re really nice if you know them” and mainly because they find the man in question attractive. Even if Matty “only” laughed at the joke, he still knows what that brutalisation of black women is, he’s still entrenched in a very weird circle of people, and still benefits from being a rich white man. Has the 1975 stopped playing festivals where there’s an imbalance between gender in the headliners? No. But Matty said they would. Did they ever take accountability for their photographer taking advantage of their young female fans? No. If Matty were a Matilda there’s absolutely no chance she would get as many chances or excuses as Matty does, it’s ridiculous.

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member

Thoughts on this?
I get it must be difficult for artists to tour a lot and it’s sad sad that she’s not looking forward to touring for her European fans but she’s hardly going off to fight in a war, she’ll be flying back every few days 🤣.

• Haha

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
She looks great. She doesn't look like probably-the-richest-person-in-the-room-at-a-charity-gala though. She looked like anyone of us walking into an event and hoping we don't trip/trying to find our table.

That's one good thing about her being a billionaire, surely?
---
Maybe she's just thinking "oh shit, everyone here knows about me touching myself thinking about MH".

• Haha

grannypants

VIP Member
I think I need to stop reading this thread before bed, last night I dreamt I matched with Joe Alwyn on hinge 😭

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Was just coming to say that she speaks out about things when it suits her or benefits her.

Opting in and out just comes across very ungenuine

gossipgal21

VIP Member
It’s so satisfying to sing I’LL TELL YOU ABOUT MY GOOD NAME ITS MINE ALONE TO DISGRACE out loud in the car

especially when you’re not a very rebellious person who’s led a pretty boring and not outrageous life 💀😅

• Heart
  • Haha