Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I don’t believe he hasn’t heard it for a second, but the best response he could have probably given. I’ll give him that.
“I’m sure it’s good” and sounding genuine about it. He’s loving this 😂 but I also think he really doesn’t give a shit. Which makes the whole album that more cringey to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and I really think it’s fabulous but imagine being her right now?

Joe (rightfully imo):
1713996479789.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 27

JLXRD

VIP Member
Morning gals, TTPD cardigan review with pics as promised, pls don’t judge my dirty mirror or unpainted nails, thank you xoxo

- quality feels SO much better than speak now cardigan
- I got XL and I’m a UK 14 and about 5ft10 so it’s not super oversized which is good
- arms are a bit too long but not crazily so
- feels warm
- so much more wearable than previous cardigans

IMG_4761.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

IMG_4763.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Swamp Life

My two cents on the Taylor/Joe mental heath situation

I don’t really like that she seems so negative about Joe’s mental health, but then on TTPD (song) she’s happy to put up with Matty’s flaws. Lyrics like “you’re in self sabotage mode.. but I’ve seen this before and still loved the show. & Pounding nails in your head..I chose this cyclone with you” etc

And yes, maybe she really did try with Joe and it is so hard living with a partner with depression. But seems like she’s willing to put up with Matty’s demons but not Joe’s. Which is 100% her right, but it feels a bit weird to have that all play out in one album.

Also, I wish she hadn’t used the phrase “kill yourself” in TTPD. She could have made that point without actually saying those words, maybe end it all or something similar.

Anyway clearly I had that bottled up as that was a longer rant than I planned! 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
What is wrong with all of you????!?!?
He's so weird and slimey and full of himself and he basically bullies her into that kiss. :sick:

The bit of hair hanging down. :sick::sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Rfl2018

Oh babe 💔💔 I'm honestly too drunk to trust myself to advice you properly but always trust your gut. It is what keeps you safe 🩷🩷
I feel like this thread is like all the drunk girls you meet on a night out in the toilets and everyone is so nice and kind to each other and I just love it 🥺🥺

(Insert gif of the girl from mean girls who doesn't even go here and has a lot of feelings)

• Heart
  • Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I must say I don’t expect Taylor to speak on political issues. There is way too many and that’s not her day job. Plus she would always offend people with whatever she said.
And thats fine but you cant use it to sell albums and boost your profile when it suits you. Which she has done in the past.

I dont think anyone expects her to say anything really. However it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for her to have did it previously for her own ends only.

Like it or not politics is peoples lives. You cant just dip when you think oh I cant be arsed anymore. It doesnt work like that. Or its performative.

She is more concerned about how any words would hurt her than thousands of people hurting.

Just my opinion of course. If you want to stay silent that is your right but stay silent dont just pick and choose.

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
Just read that Paul Mescal - and a bunch of other celebs - are donating memorabilia to a fundraiser for Palestine. It'll be a cold day in hell when Blondie donates to that cause, I guess.

I don't want her to make a big statement or anything, but things as simple as donating a signed poster for humanitarian relief would add millions of eyeballs/make the cause more palatable for the sorts of people who need someone else to do something to feel compelled to do it. But I guess unless her next boyfriend is Palestinian she couldn't care less 😵💫

(As an aside that's got basically nothing to do with Taylor, I need another photo of Paul and Joe hanging out.)

• Heart
  • Sad

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Oh really?

I just am of the feeling that Taylor is a popstar - not a political activist
She is but that isn’t the vibe she was giving back during Lover. That lasted as long as the promo for the album/ Miss Americana and disappeared again.

LGBTQ+ rights and feminism were tokens for her during this time and it’s left me icky ever since.

grannypants

VIP Member
This thread is wild 😂 before the album most were firmly in the anti matty camp and now?!? Where you all been hiding! 😂

(Personally I find him gross and his mum is an absolute horror show. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.)
Excuse me but us MH defender society members were fighting for our lives up until a week ago 😭

• Haha
  • Heart

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
Me trying to work out why I am so deeply deeeeply attracted to Post Malone but repulsed by Matty Healy when they kinda give off the same aesthetic?..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

foolishone

This is going to seem exaggerated but I helped save someone’s life today (something I don’t normally do on a day to day basis) and from a mood point of view, it was not something that I needed after a week of listening to TTPD.

I also sent one of the songs to an ex who told me it was too close to home and that it sounded like I’d told Taylor what to write.

I am totes emosh right now.

• Heart

Polkadot123

VIP Member
Aw the little girl that got the 22 hat has passed away. 😔

Wasn't sure if anyone had mentioned this or not yet.

• Sad
  • Heart

Dove88

First the photo of him looking GOOD then that video of him expertly dodging that question...

AM I ATTRACTED TO HIM?!

Fuck off.

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
healthier lifestyle. He’s looked great for years now, he just hasn’t really worn anything but JW suits on stage for a while.
Yes I think he looks a lot better with the beard though as sometimes his paleness can give sickly Victorian child vibes 😅 he also went through a phase end of 2023 when he was wearing like a jumper and glasses on stage and it was giving sexy substitute teacher vibes.

(gals im sorry don’t judge me im just a simple gal who likes man rats with guitars ok)

• Haha