Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

slugella

VIP Member
Shocked by the poll results at the moment. I expected the folklore and evermore girlies to be all over this - does it fall short for you too?
It does for me and I can't quite put my finger on why I'm underwhelmed with it. There are some good songs on it that I think may become faves, but idk overall I'm just a bit like oh ok. I think I've just heard so many songs about how her life is hard and people are mean to her 😂 I feel sad for her and think she's been honest and vulnerable but I've just not fully connected with it yet. I would love to see an album from her on deeper topics outside of herself - she doesn't owe it to me or anyone obviously, and she is known for writing about herself, just my thoughts on what would be a nice change from her. And working with new people.

I will say though that I am finding it hard how many songs there are - I feel so slow that I can't listen to them and analyse them all as quickly as you all 😂 so there is a chance I could connect with them eventually.

I also HATE that she encouraged buying the variants to have all the songs to then release a whole other load of songs. So happy I didn't preorder as I was fuming when she did that for midnights and I had preordered.

Reactions: 19

JLXRD

VIP Member
I also just think everything pre Calvin we probably shouldn’t even take into consideration. Like girl was in her late teens/early 20s. Hardly anyone is having healthy successful relationships at that age. Maybe even pre Joe.

smudge126

VIP Member
I'll be honest I hope she kinda drops the whole psych ward aesthetic with the next video- psych wards get glamorised enough on social media and feeding into that idea can be become dangerous 🙈
Yeah I’ve already seen people making hospital wristbands to give away/sell.

• Wow
  • Angry

Dontwanttokeepsecrets

Didn't Taylor's dad say that this was his favourite album?

With the Guilty as Sin lyrics? With "stifling my sighs" and "touch me while your bros play GTA"?!!??!

Dude is weird.

• Haha

rosecattt

Since English is not my first language it's hard to express all these feelings I get when listening to all these songs... 😅 ❤
I really like this album so far! Still no real skips but I do seem to have some favorites.
I think this is my Top 5 at the moment:

- Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?
- I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
- loml
- The Albatross
- The Black Dog

Will take a while to learn and fully understand all the lyrics though but looking forward to that as well!

• Heart

MidnightAura

VIP Member
There’s no way Joe will ever go there again, but if it is his favourite hang out spot, it’s messed up for Taylor to mention it in a song, and for the bar to make it clear he goes there.
The songs also a bit weird to me if it’s about Joe - why is she annoyed/upset that Joe is in a pub potentially meeting another girl when she’s already with Matty?
Can someone make her mental state make sense to me because I’m so confused
Taylor kinda strikes me as the type of person who doesn’t want to play with a certain toy until the toy is being played with by someone else.

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I really think at this point Kim has had enough to deal with given her ex husband who is at the centre of this is very mentally unwell, vocally violent and she has to somehow raise her children with him. I actually have huge empathy for Kim, some people might not and that's fair, she's a megastar too! But Taylor doesn't need to add to it and I think the line about her daughter is particularly low. It's really below the belt (and if someone did it to Taylor, she'd never stop talking about it for ten years)
I don't think people acknowledge enough that Kanye is definitely capable of abuse (he's literally doing it publicly at the minute with his new wife) and I don't think it's a stretch to think Kim was on the receiving end of that at some point. It feels reductive for Taylor to release two songs about Kim in 2024 where she still seems to offer no consideration of the position Kim was in

JLXRD

VIP Member
I just found out I got an interview for a role I wanted but also that would mean the end of my weekly 6 hour commutes which I desperately need.

But I feel like I’ve spent the last few days in a daze just listening to TTPD and feeling weird so now I’m not in the right headspace to do my prep 🥲 gonna have to scrub my brain.

• Heart

gossipgal21

VIP Member
it sounds like there needs to be a “Concerned Partners Department” for all the husbands and partners having to put up with our slightly unhinged behaviour since Friday

and I am just going to get increasingly worse over the next THREE WEEKS UNTIL I GO TO PARIS OMG 😨

• Haha
  • Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
Listening to down bad and I don’t understand how she left a long term relationship, appeared to quickly get with Matty then quickly get with travis after

I’m not saying that she maybe didn’t lose feelings before she left Joe but how do you go from being so in love with MH and then get with someone else
If its true that Matty promised her he was all in on marriage after Joe wasnt interested in marriage maybe she went for Travis as he’s so publicly into her after Matty publicly dipped

Also Travis is the opposite looks wise (big, broad jock type) to Joe and Matty (Skinny, arty boys) so maybe it was a fuck you To them too.

Girl needs to learn how to be single.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Imagine actively pushing for a marriage with someone even though you know yourself you’re pining over someone else💀

Ugholhere

VIP Member
Sorry to quote myself but this has really pissed me off and I can't stop thinking about it 😂
I just love dancing around my living room to loml and I Hate It Here because they sound exactly like ICDIWABH! 🙃🙃
Why do people always go out of their way to announce that they don’t like something someone else is into ☠

JLXRD

VIP Member
Maybe outing myself as ignorant but I know you guys will take my question as I intend it.

I am seeing a lot of discourse about the ‘1830s but without all the racism’ lyric, and people saying it is in itself is a racist lyric.

I personally don’t understand how the lyric is racist…

(and I really hate being a white person being ‘pls educate me’ but I can’t find anyone actually saying what makes it racist, promise I’ve looked and thought about it myself and relistened but the math ain’t mathing for me)

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Much better, haha. I just think this definition is important to make. A large part of her success is the manner in which she utilises the parasocial relationship between her and her fans. Whatever I think of her music (it is fine), she is a marketing genius. We do well to not get overly involved in a persona crafted to draw us in and make us buy things.
I think her singing her own name in Clara Bow “you look like Taylor Swift” felt so weirdly jarring to me and made me reflect a bit on this - the persona we know as Taylor Swift isn’t really the full real person but we believe it to be and buy into it. This album being all about a situation we had no clue about (and I mean rightly so!) shows how little we know about her inner life. It must be such a weird life to live and I don’t know how you manage to hold on to enough of yourself to stay sane… which you could argue in many ways TS hasn’t really, she’s clearly struggled.

no point to this really just pondering. i find it fascinating actually.

grannypants

VIP Member
Because my god do I feel this. I've been hormonal the past couple of days and I was actually stewing yesterday when I was thinking about how mugged off I felt by this album. I pre ordered it in good faith and I feel like she and the team tacked on a second album of mostly lower quality nonsense just for the drama of it all and because we (including myself) clap and cheer at everything she puts out and no one dares cross her now (Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me, indeed) she feels like everything she produces is high quality. I actually, for a brief moment, felt silly I was ever invested in her and this album, I hate to say it. I know I'm going to Paris for my birthday and I'm considering just not even bothering to attend the tour there. (I will be attending my Wembley date come hell or high water). To over-share, I really think I'm just pre-menstrual and emotional but for that abnormal hour I was furious and embarrassed.
The thing is, she's shooting herself in the foot doing things like this. She did it with Midnights too - dropping the 3am version with extra tracks after everyone had pre-ordered the original. It'll stop fans pre-ordering in the future as they'll be expecting another album's worth of songs to be dropped on release day - the suspicion that she was going to do this with TTPD actually did stop me from pre-ordering the album this time around.

Has she now made this the norm and the expectation for her fans? If the next album she releases (not a re-record) only has 12 songs and no vault/extra tracks then will they be disappointed? I'm guessing yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Walking round the kitchen singing “who’s afraid of little old meeee”

Mr husband: “you can be a bit scary when you what to?”

🫠

• Haha

MidnightAura

VIP Member
After the death Taylor addressed the incident with a statement saying that she was 'overwhelmed with grief' and her heart was 'shattered'

She then invited the family to the show in São Paulo, where she took pictures and sympathised with them. They were in the VIP area and everything was paid for whilst they were there. Taylor covered all of their travel expenses, and gave an undisclosed amount of money to the girls parents.

How do you think she should have handled it?
She said initially the girl died before the concert. That’s not true. Now if she said that for legal reasons, silence should have been better.
She continued to remain silent whilst fans raised money to bring the poor girl home to her family. Didn’t she let the show after almost go ahead whilst fans queued and cancelled it only when fans were in the stadium?
Yes she eventually done something but in the heat of it (no pun intended) she was silent where it mattered. And I realise it’s a difficult situation for her. I’m not saying there’s a perfect way to handle things but how she handled that initially wasn’t great.