Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
If someone is gonna tell me daylight and Cornelia street are actually about Matty I will genuinely just cease to exist

• Haha
Reactions: 18

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
No, please, God. We can't lose Hits Different to He Who Shall Not Be Bathed too. 🥹😭

@JLXRD good luck with your interview!!
Flicking her “typewriter” to He Who Shall Not Be Bathed,
‘Twas certainly a choice but it is what she craved,
Denise Welch’s son, we are still much amazed
No one on Tattle…..has come out unscathed.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Based on what I've seen she does only seem to care about feminism when it's a way to defend herself.
To be fair - it was pretty damn feminist when she supported Kesha during her sexual abuse case, and gifted her $250,000 to help with any of her financial needs during the trial.

👑

• Heart

Ugholhere

VIP Member
I think there is a really decent album in TTPD but it's not the 31 song long version. I suspect a lot of people had to do what I did and cut down to their 10 favourite songs. I sorta think that's a massive failing by Taylor and her team. It shouldn't be up to your fans to edit your album down for you.
Yea but I’ve seen other peoples edits and I don’t agree with them at all, so I think it’s nice to be able to individualize it

What harm is done in all of the 31 songs being available?

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Question: Aftet listening to the TTPD, if Matty came back to Taylor and promised her the earth, would she jump at the chance?
Genuinely don't know. I think a lot of the songs were written BEFORE joever (like Chloe or Sam, Peter and probably fortnight). Maybe she realises now that she was using her best colours for his portrait, that she didn't know him at all and she was just romanticizing the idea of him because her actual relationship wasn't as golden as she was telling us.
---
There's a lot to be said for someone who isn't complicated, who shows up, who says nice things about you, who doesn't leave when the pressure is on, who puts you first. Travis seems to be that. It doesn't have to be complex (even if you are Taylor Swift).

• Heart

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I feel like people just have the reading/listening comprehension of three year olds.
Not to sound like a grump old bat but I don’t think the younger generation genuinely do have any reading comprehension. Like were they just not taught it over covid or is it not a thing anymore? Reading some tiktok comment sections honestly baffles me at how wrong some of these kids read things when it’s very clear that’s not what the comment said!

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
There's a lot to be said for someone who isn't complicated, who shows up, who says nice things about you, who doesn't leave when the pressure is on, who puts you first. Travis seems to be that. It doesn't have to be complex (even if you are Taylor Swift).
I think there’s even an argument for saying a relationship shouldnt be complex. It seems like the kind of overdramatic crash and burn type relationship she and Matty have would have never worked out long term either. She’s obsessed with the tumultuous infatuation phase, but the reality is that once a relationship becomes long term, constant drama and love bombing just isn’t healthy or sustainable

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Of all the lyrics for me to get stuck in my head and to keep singing out loud randomly, of course I have ‘touch me while your boys play grand theft auto’ 💀

• Haha

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
Anyone else slowly growing obsessed with how did it end ?
I posted on the last page, I love it so hard. The way it builds, ebbs and flows musically... Just amazing.

This thread is nothing but a clear indicator that music touches us all differently. I feel so in tune with this album I'm getting irrationally angry with people criticising it. Stupid hyperfocussed brain needs to calm the fuck down and remember we all like different things. 😂

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
Imagine Denise as your MIL she’d be around making pass agg comments about how you hang your washing out, bringing up politics at the dinner table and you’d have to be like “mmmhmm okay, I hadn’t considered that. I respect your opinion” or getting involved if you dared to have a disagreement with her son 🤣

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Yeah I now am of the opinion that this is an entirely Matty album with the exception of So Long London (main album anyway).

But SLL is track 5 so I think she’s making a point that Joe was a great hurtful loss, just not one she has a ton to say about.

BTW did my run But Daddy I Love Him is literally the best running song ever. Pls go run to it.

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I think the smallest man who ever lived is my current favourite. It is brutal.

The bridge is perfection and this is why I love Aaron.

So much of this I love but I wouldve died for your sins, instead I just died in side.

This part 💔🤯

• Heart

goalsAF

I saw a post on Reddit about how there is a bar (not pub) called The Black Dog in Cork, where Matty was playing a show just a few days after they broke up. She recorded the song late June 2023 so that tracks that it could be about the aftermath of Matty rather than Joe. It also talks about "cause tail between your legs you're leaving", and Matty was the one to leave her, not Joe.

Kinda makes sense, the pub in Vauxhall isn't anywhere near North London where Joe lives. I think they're just hinting that they have "a certain blonde regular" to keep the Swifties visiting and spending money!

• Heart