Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
GALS I just got offered the job! It will actually change my life as no more commute.

Going to go and scream who’s afraid of little old me while I feel like I’m a force to be reckoned with haha

• Heart
Reactions: 61

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I have to be honest if a family member of mine died at a show I wouldn’t be in a crazy rush to go and meet the performer and pose for pictures - this isn’t having a go at either Taylor or the family tbh I just found that a very weird scenario like whose idea was that? But maybe just me.

Reactions: 34

grannypants

VIP Member
Thought I'd share an update on my morning... first day back at work following TTPD and the first thing my colleague says to me:
'Do you like the new album? My daughter said all the songs sound the same.'

Okay well sorry to inform you that your daughter has no taste, adios

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Me: “I’m a real tough kid, I can handle my shit” while going round Tesco trying to shop with a toddler

(Narrator: “and she could not in fact handle her shit”)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I feel like the C&R video fell a bit short for me in relation to their reactions to Taylor talking about Joes mental health. There was a lot of “oh Taylor 🥺” and literal clapping and screaming at bad aspects of her personality but there was a bit when someone asked if Taylor was talking about Joe being depressed the reaction was “yeah. Probably 🙄

like gals that’s not the take.
Honestly, if Joe had dared do any of the things Taylor has done (emotional, potentially an actual affair, spent the whole time they were together pining for an ex, publicly expose a partners mental health), he’d be dragged to hell and back.
I’m really confused why some people aren’t being more sceptical of Taylor, given everything.

Reactions: 30

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
Did anyone think on Wednesday morning that we'd be here by the evening and every day after? 😂 I didn't.
Honestly if you told me this time last week that I’d be bopping to a song about Taylor hamming the clam to Matty Healy I’d say you were mad - I was ready to bawl my eyes out about Joe Alwyn

• Haha
Reactions: 30

slugella

VIP Member
I feel such a mix of emotions toward her - extreme sympathy, would not want her life, don't know how she handles it, and then also that it is a monster of hers/her families creation, she could take a break, she could go away and be in the most amazing places with the most amazing experiences and heal and live life to a level most people couldn't dream of. I guess the fame is so addictive though, and she was in it an age when she probably didn't know what she was getting herself into. Must be a hell of a lot to unpack for her.

The most interesting insight from this album for me isn't about her relationships but seeing how she sees herself. It's kinda fascinating.

Also ETA -- the parasocial fans are now something she hates and is calling out (which I think rightly so, it is so weird) but that wasn't a problem when they were fighting her battles with Jake/his gf, Scooter, Katy Perry, Joe and every girl he's breathed near, and god knows how many others. Anything she finally stands up against/for is because it's inconvenienced her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
Honestly, if Joe had dared do any of the things Taylor has done (emotional, potentially an actual affair, spent the whole time they were together pining for an ex, publicly expose a partners mental health), he’d be dragged to hell and back.
I’m really confused why some people aren’t being more sceptical of Taylor, given everything.
Exactly. We were all expecting an album of Joe being called a cheat, narcissist etc and everyone was ready to pounce on Joe. Instead Taylor is admitting that she was the one having an emotional (at the very least) if not physical affair and everyone’s just like ‘miss girl you’re so silly xx’. If this was the other way round and Joe WAS exposed as having done anything, he would be receiving death threats from the hardcore swifties.
it must be hard having your ex publicly declare she was pining over someone else because your mental health affected your relationship. I do hope he’s in a good place

• Heart
Reactions: 28

julixx

Chatty Member
Anyone else suddenly looking at Post Malone like 👀 after the Fortnight video? Is this the pull of TTPD that you become attracted to scruffy men who are always in their feelings?

• Haha
  • Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
So Ive been at my paid job unfortunately and only just catching up.

Someone asked if Matty wanted to go back together would she, absolutely yes. Travis wouldnt be able to play football ever again as he'd be blind from the dust left.

The self-reflection as always, does not come across genuine at all. Ill sue you if you walk on my lawn, Im wretched and Im wrong.

Shes writing like this is what she thinks is what people want to hear but she doesnt believe a word of it. She comes across like a brat. Obviously there are many issues with Matty but it just strikes me as buttering up the fans should the opportunity ever arise again. Matty told Lucy he'd kill himself if I left. I told Jack the same. They both agreed we are meant to be.

DID THEY? DID THEY ACTUALLY THOUGH? because if so then it proves that every single person is a yes taylor, how high taylor enabler.

Also cant remember who did the boyfriend recap but I was laughing. Spot on. Bravo 👏

Her taste in men is absolutely appalling, Ive said it before but for someone so famous her self worth seems to be in the toilet which I think feeds into all these absolute bozos. Travis is a stop gap. He publicly courted her through his podcast and silly media interviews. She was at her lowest after Joe (who allowed depression to wreck their relationship if Taylor is to be believed) and Matty who is just a train wreck and love bombed her and promised the world and then shit on her. As much as I dont like Travis I cannot imagine dating someone and when I do the maths we started dating 3 or 4 months after they come out of this epic love affair that they can write almost 31 heartbreaking love songs about. How can you not question that.

And some people are really not going to like this. If it doesnt bother him, why is that? I think he knows shes emotionally wrung out and doesnt GAF. He wants the notoriety that comes with being Mr Taylor Swift and is prepared to accept anything that comes his way to get it. Yes he was famous prior to this, in the US and to folks who watch or follow NFL. Hes a worldwide name now.

She probably doesnt even realise that this isnt for keeps. Shes come out of 2 long term situationships shall we say. (Im a why choose romance fan so I get it 😅🤣) shes vulnerable and I think he has stuck his claws in to a wounded animal. Just my opinion.

Wow thats long 🥲🥲

• Sad
  • Heart

grannypants

VIP Member
I've curated my TTPD QBW's version precisely because of this fatigue. I don't feel it if I weed out the ones that drag me down.

That said, Fortnight still has me on a chokehold so I'm mostly listening to it right now.
Fortnight is so good isn’t it?!

When Post Malone’s verse kicks in I swear I can feel my soul ascending like the Winnie the Pooh meme

IMG_0703.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
I think the biggest reason she's hung up on Matty is because she never really got to know him. Yes, they were acquaintances for probably a decade, but this only gave her the chance to romanticise the hell out of him. Situationships sometimes are harder to get over than real relationships because, in relationships, you get to know the person's flaws, see them on their bad days, have down moments, boring moments, and there's room to question whether this is it.

With Matty, she didn't have any of it, she was left with a glimpse of a honeymoon period and Matty at his best (in regards to his treatment of her), until he ghosted her. She has only the potential and positives to dwell on, that's why she was so hung up on him.

Hope that made some sense.

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
The more I think about it, how weird is it to write a song with your best friend about wanking about a mutual friend? 😂

Her and jacks friendship is wild.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

ishant

VIP Member

So the person I had a dream about last night contacted me today and… they have a pretty bad cancer?

I’m so broken rn, hiding in a bath to cry it out! What a complex as fuck situation?

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

Lovely

Chatty Member
Either he has an enormous ego or he's thick because how can you listen to that album and compare his songs to the Matty songs, the things she says about Matt compared to her pointing out he's a dumb baller (and she Knows Aristotle...bet Matt does too) and likes to finger her when he's playing GTA with his friends whereas she wants to have Matts babies and build him a planet of people who understands him and be like yeah this is a good Idea. :oops:
Don't worry, he's still trying to figure out what team Artistotle plays for. That'll keep him busy for the summer.

• Haha

triesherbest

Chatty Member
lmao on friday i'd been listening to this album ALL day, had just come on my period, and was feeling slightly ill.. so inevitably, my boyfriend had to bear the brunt of this over text.
we had planned to see each other friday evening anyway, but he opened the door holding a huge bouquet of flowers for me😭😭😭
so i'm just gonna associate this album with that moment now. nobody has ever bought flowers for me before. it made me cry🥺💕 can you imagine taylor swift was stuck in my head too 😂
Screenshot 2024-04-22 143028.png

• Heart
Reactions: 26

JLXRD

VIP Member
re pissed off I gave you all that youth for free:

See I hard related to this line, maybe not the for free bit but ‘pissed off I gave you all that youth’.

One of my biggest regrets was diving in a proper serious relationship from 18-24 with a man (8 years older than me) who I didn’t even end up with, when I should have been out enjoying myself, wasted SIX YEARS playing house and let him hold me back. It was my decision, but it was fucking stupid one, and I’m pissed at myself for it.

so I figured maybe she meant like she gave him all that time when she could have just been out living and now she’s at the age where she feels she has to settle down and she’s having to start all over again and the clock just keeps ticking.

• Heart
Reactions: 26